Super mario Galaxy or Super Smash bros Brawl

I find both to be extremely fun to play, I dont find Galaxy to be repetitive at all, both will last a while, though brawl will still last longer then SMG of course. Since your sister doesn't want brawl, I would get Galaxy for now since brawl is multiplayer focused.

I think your sister would enjoy galaxy more than brawl, but I could be wrong.

As far as which is a better game I would say Galaxy has more innovation, more level design, more atmosphere. The new power-ups and levels are really well done and theres a good deal to do. As people have said its not too hard of a game. It's still very enjoyable and fun though.

Brawl is really just a supremely beefed up smash bros melee with not a whole lot that was changed. The good news is that its still a lot of fun. Without the online component I might recommend galaxy over brawl, but brawl is pretty fun with a ton to do and unlock.

You will enjoy either game you buy. I honestly recommend getting both.

Fillieto said:
Galaxy is amazing, but its the type of game you need/want to just spend hours on. I dont have enough time to really play it, but when i do, im gonna play the crap out of it.

I say brawl.

I agree - Galaxy requires a good 30 minutes to an hour of allotted time to actually make good progress, because so many other galaxies open up all the time. Brawl, you can do a classic adventure in 15 minutes and unlock new characters, as well as spend 2-3 hrs in the adventrure, or just have a couple two-min brawls here and there ... Galaxy doesn't offer the small time allottment, but both are still fun.

manufan15 said:
Ok, no one's giving him enough examples which is demonstrated by his remaining questions. :lol: Yes, you can unlock stuff. These unlockables range from new characters from the Nintendo universe, new stages from the Nintendo universe to play on, over 250 music tracks or something, trophies and stickers to collect, etc.

There are no online unlockables, and sorry to say, but in my opinion, online is the weakest part of the game. You can only play with strangers for 2 minute matches. No voice chat.

However, there is an 8-10 hour story mode, that does get repetitive, but is still fun to see the Nintendo characters interact from different games, and universes. By the way, I have no idea if you've seen a Smash Bros game, so you could know all of this. :lol:

There is also minigames to play such as HomeRun Contest and Multiman Brawl. (You can play these single player or co-op. AND you can play the story mode with co-op)

Search on Google a bit, and you'll see all of the info on this amazing game. Be careful though, because you might look at spoilers that you don't want to look at.

there ARE online UNLOCKABLES! cd`s trophiesv, stickers, and a few challenges. i obtained like 100trophies just from online! and with that said, in spectator mode u can get TONS of coins. NOTT only that, ur online brawls count in with offline brawls so u can get characters after a number. for example if i do a certain number online with brawl and when i go back and play a regular brawl offline, i would get snake(thats how i got him)
get ur facts staraight.

I think it really just comes down to personal preference. Have you ever played Super Smash Bros Melee for the Gamecube (or even the original Super Smash Bros on the N64)? Have you ever played Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine. If you have, your decision should really depend on which game you liked best, since Super Smash Bros Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy are simply enhanced versions of their original counterparts when it comes to fun factor and gameplay.

And even if you've played the older versions and know which you like better, you need to decide how important it is that your sister wants to participate. If she has never played Smash Bros. before, it's gonna be difficult for her to learn the game. And it seems she's already leaning towards Galaxy anyway since that's the only game she's willing to shell out cash for.

It's without a doubt that both of these games are spectacular, and both games ought to be in your collection at some point.

ok some of you didnt understand my question

me and my sis do not play games together (as in 2 player), she dosnt like SSBB type of games

so i was asking which one will be better

anyways

how short is SMG anyways?

Have you ever played Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine? They play pretty similar to Super Mario Galaxy. You'll get a good 25 - 30 hours of gameplay out of SMG if you choose to go for all 120 stars.

SSBB is a great game, but I feel you'll get the most out of it if you've played and enjoyed the originals (SSB64 and SSB Melee).

In the end, you're going to want to have both games in your collection.

naisatoh said:
Have you ever played Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine? They play pretty similar to Super Mario Galaxy. You'll get a good 25 - 30 hours of gameplay out of SMG if you choose to go for all 120 stars.

SSBB is a great game, but I feel you'll get the most out of it if you've played and enjoyed the originals (SSB64 and SSB Melee).

In the end, you're going to want to have both games in your collection.

i have played Supermario 64 and it was awesome

and i have also played Melee and it was also awesome

so im not so sure

If you played and enjoyed both games, you won't go wrong with either decision. If I were you.. I would go for Galaxy, since your sister has already committed to putting up 12 dollars. However, if you want to be in the "now," you should get Brawl. Like I said before, you'll probably end up owning both titles anyway, since they are definitely the best two games you can buy for the Wii.

Back