SUPER MARIO GALAXY-The Greatest of all games

JoonKimDDS said:
a bunch of little planets that you jump around on, each with about 1 thing to do is the best thing about this game.

Each planet has VERY UNIQUE design that other planets don't have!
that's where the creativity and idea come from and that's what makes the mario so good.

It's like Zelda where each dungeon has very unique puzzles that other dungeons don't have except Mario game isn't as frustrating as zelda is.
That's what I don't like about zelda...it just makes me get frustrated.

i understand how some people like that. its easier and i suppose could be fun to just fly through the game. however, what i liked about mario 64 was that it had fairly big levels and was very challenging (or atleast it was when i was 10). This whole mario in space thing just seems dumb to me. What the hell is mario doing in space? I'd love to just see a redone mario 64 with some killer graphics, bigger worlds, and some new features.

We don't know if the whole game is going to be small planets. The trailer they showed at the GDC had bigger planets than the older videos did. Perhaps as you progress through the game you get to bigger and bigger worlds. Who knows? Why blast something that has barely been shown? Until it comes out and is played through all the way by reviewers and gamers we won't know what all is in it.

There is a difference between opinions and negitivity. I accept all sorts of opinions but when posts contain immature comments such as "Garbage". I think that crosses the line. If you have negitive comments, those should be kept to yourself. If you have opinions on how the game isnt going to be good, by all means.. post away. =) See you in line to buy Galaxy.

callme.nasty said:
i understand how some people like that. its easier and i suppose could be fun to just fly through the game. however, what i liked about mario 64 was that it had fairly big levels and was very challenging (or atleast it was when i was 10). This whole mario in space thing just seems dumb to me. What the hell is mario doing in space? I'd love to just see a redone mario 64 with some killer graphics, bigger worlds, and some new features.

well...Mario is a plumber so he isn't even supposed to save Peach :)
so what is he doing to save Peach instead of staying in bathroom?
same thing. What is he doing in space?

Anyway if they make it like Mario 64, wouldn't it be just same as any other mario games we've played until now? I think supermario sunshine was similar to mario 64 with better graphic and bigger worlds.

just think that you connect all little planets and it will be as big as mario 64 world or bigger.

Have you ever heard of Little Big Planet on ps3 :D

Yes I have, LBP looks to be a great game, Sony actually has some great games coming out for the PS3. They're gonna contend soon.

Back on topic, I am actually hoping for different Galaxies (duh) to explore. For each world or boss you face, its in a different galaxy, and then when you get to the main boss, it will be the ruler of space.

JoonKimDDS said:
well...Mario is a plumber so he isn't even supposed to save Peach :)
so what is he doing to save Peach instead of staying in bathroom?
same thing. What is he doing in space?

Anyway if they make it like Mario 64, wouldn't it be just same as any other mario games we've played until now? I think supermario sunshine was similar to mario 64 with better graphic and bigger worlds.

just think that you connect all little planets and it will be as big as mario 64 world or bigger.

Have you ever heard of Little Big Planet on ps3 :D

you see, thats what a lot of people like about this game i guess- its going to be different. and personally i don't think they should change what has been one of the greatest series nintendo has.

and if the worlds kept getting bigger as you got through the game, that'd be awesome. but from the videos, it doesn't look like it. i also read on ign i think that you shouldn't expect to see big worlds like from previous mario games.

JoonKimDDS said:
a bunch of little planets that you jump around on, each with about 1 thing to do is the best thing about this game.

Each planet has VERY UNIQUE design that other planets don't have!
that's where the creativity and idea come from and that's what makes the mario so good.

It's like Zelda where each dungeon has very unique puzzles that other dungeons don't have except Mario game isn't as frustrating as zelda is.
That's what I don't like about zelda...it just makes me get frustrated.

Thanks for that, I never understood how the game worked, this explains it, thanks! Sounds great, now I can't wait.

I'm cancelling everything im doing on the day SMG gets released, i really think this will be THE wii game to own.

The way i see it, each world is made up of lots of little planets (in the video's you can see a portal/black hole - pehaps this is what links the worlds together)
Instead of thinking of each of these objects/planets as a world.. think of all of these objects and all the space around them part of each 'world'.. things could get very interesting.

this is still very much traditional mario imo, the... platforming seems as stable and as mario-like as ever, it's still mario but in a different scope.. just like mario 64 was.

imae said:
I'm cancelling everything im doing on the day SMG gets released, i really think this will be THE wii game to own.

The way i see it, each world is made up of lots of little planets (in the video's you can see a portal/black hole - pehaps this is what links the worlds together)
Instead of thinking of each of these objects/planets as a world.. think of all of these objects and all the space around them part of each 'world'.. things could get very interesting.

this is still very much traditional mario imo, the... platforming seems as stable and as mario-like as ever, it's still mario but in a different scope.. just like mario 64 was.
What people really need to know is that this is the FIRST 3D action adventure game without camera issue because everything is Circle.

Even the super mario sunshine had camera issue.

JoonKimDDS said:
What people really need to know is that this is the FIRST 3D action adventure game without camera issue because everything is Circle.

Even the super mario sunshine had camera issue.

Thats a good point, i never really thought of the camera advantages of SMG's design. sunshines camera, although not terribly flawed was a factor that did have a negative effect on gameplay at times. There are very few(if any) 'free camera control' 3rd person adventure games that dont have at least minor issues in this area.

since the wii is selling like crazy, nintendo should really advertise this game and get on to evryone's console

Although I wouldn`t go as far as calling it garbage, I seriously doupt that people should jump to the conclusion that it`s going do be epic, revolutionary, and the wii game to own. It doesn`t look to be all that interesting to me. I might be wrong, it could be good. But like the other guy said, I would much rather have something in the style of Mario64. This whole jumping planets thing could ruin it. We shall see when it comes out. But going out and saying right away that it will be awesome is foolish. You`re all sounding like Halo fanboys. Just cause when the first one came out it was revolutionary doesn`t mean that it still will be. Halo was revolutionary, Halo 2 was the same thing as Halo 1 except it had a new storyline. It was still a great game, but not the holy grail as it once was. And I`m sure I`ll be able to say the same for Halo 3. Pumped up graphics, better physics, new storyline, but gameplay essentially the same. It once was the holy grail and will always be a top seller because of the name it built for itself. But it`s nothing special anymore. I cannot say for sure the same will be said for glaxies. I will deffinately try it out, and we shall see how it is. But jumping to conclusions of how awesome it will be is ignorant at best.

Nitram said:
Although I wouldn`t go as far as calling it garbage, I seriously doupt that people should jump to the conclusion that it`s going do be epic, revolutionary, and the wii game to own. It doesn`t look to be all that interesting to me. I might be wrong, it could be good. But like the other guy said, I would much rather have something in the style of Mario64. This whole jumping planets thing could ruin it. We shall see when it comes out. But going out and saying right away that it will be awesome is foolish. You`re all sounding like Halo fanboys. Just cause when the first one came out it was revolutionary doesn`t mean that it still will be. Halo was revolutionary, Halo 2 was the same thing as Halo 1 except it had a new storyline. It was still a great game, but not the holy grail as it once was. And I`m sure I`ll be able to say the same for Halo 3. Pumped up graphics, better physics, new storyline, but gameplay essentially the same. It once was the holy grail and will always be a top seller because of the name it built for itself. But it`s nothing special anymore. I cannot say for sure the same will be said for glaxies. I will deffinately try it out, and we shall see how it is. But jumping to conclusions of how awesome it will be is ignorant at best.

This is completely different story.
Halo fanboys pre-ordered Halo3 that doesn't even have gameplay trailer or anything and paid 100 dollars for some special edition.

Super mario galaxy on the other hand has many gameplay trailer and we already know how to control some of his moves.

Super Mario Galaxy looks different so we are not stupid enough to say this will become successful because first one was. We already know how awesome the game is going to be. But nobody knows if halo3 will be good or bad.

Nitram said:

thank you. for once somebody is actually looking at it from a neutral point of view.

Back