Super Mario Galaxy

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Wow im overloaded with wii news today.. *deep breath*

According to the official nintendo wii site the new Mario game will be title 'Super Mario Galaxy' and will have our favourite italian plumber defying gravity and bouncing all round space :cool:

quote from the site:
The ultimate Nintendo hero is taking the ultimate step... out into space. Join Mario as he ushers in a new era of video games, defying gravity across all the planets in the galaxy. Mario takes advantage of all the unique aspects of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller, unleashing new moves as players shake the controller and even point at and drag items with the pointer. Players perform mind-bending, low-gravity jumps across wild alien terrain as they experience platforming for a new generation.

Here's the link:
http://wii.nintendo.com/games_mario.html

There's a few pics of the game and a couple of gamers using the Nunchuk controller

phimuajedi69 said:
looks great, love the theme this time around and it leaves the creators wide open for the environments as well

Yea i love the space idea, the scope for originality in the mario series has just become huuuuge.

woow i really didnt see this one coming, i think this game could make or break the fancy Wii Remote.

Here's 2 screengrabs from the wii E3 videos (i'll post the vids up shortly)

Attachments

• smgrab1.jpg
    smgrab1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 562
  • smgrab2.jpg
    smgrab2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 511
i know its still early, but the game looks kinda empty from those screens. ie none of the decorations and atmosphere of mario games

then again maybe thats just supposed to be a desolate world....time will tell i guess

Another video

vid here

from the looks of it all the boss battles are on little floating asteroid things, this one shows a spider boss then some other running around, its pretty long just under 7 min

Also on this game, I'm concerned with size. From the videos I've seen, the 'planets' don't seem to big, so the length might be short, which could infact make the game sell to one less person.

Im concerned about the spinning ableity instead of the punching and the music is really childesh i wish they would just give the game a great album like super mario 64. But the game looks fabulous.

Also on this game, I'm concerned with size. From the videos I've seen, the 'planets' don't seem to big, so the length might be short....

like i speculated above, i believe the little planets are for the boss battles, later in that vid mario is running around a more familiar (green grass with hills) environment that is prolly where the stages take place, though if it is like the other 3d mario games the same place will be used for multiple objectives to add to the length of the game while only having like 10-15 different locations

Link of Arc said:
Im concerned about the spinning ableity instead of the punching and the music is really childesh i wish they would just give the game a great album like super mario 64. But the game looks fabulous.

I don't think the music will be a problem at all. Nintendo always delivers the tunes that keep you playing a game and not go insane. Some music in games make me stop playing the game. Nintendo will deliver.

Last edited:
Back