Super Nintendo

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Is it just me or is the word 'super' linked with nintendo very strongly.
Nintendo has always been a super power in the games industry has it not?, but i'm starting to think that maybe nintendo's addiction to 'super' isnt so brilliant. Yes like a said, Nintendo has been described as a super power in the games industry in the past and present and maybe the future but how many times can the word super be used. Super paper mario, super mario land, super metroid, super smash bro's etc etc etc. The list goes on.

Would people like to see more 'super titles' or maybe some more orginal names?

Thoughts?

Byuakuya said:
I kind of like the "Super" titles, but I would also like to see some new names as well.

Finally. a reply:D

Good approach.

Still keep the super titles but also have some more orginal names.

Fair enough, the games that have be destablished as super can stay super such as super mario bros but more orginal game names are good too like Mario Kart double dash.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Finally. a reply:D

Good approach.

Still keep the super titles but also have some more orginal names.

Fair enough, the games that have be destablished as super can stay super such as super mario bros but more orginal game names are good too like Mario Kart double dash.
Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Yeah I don't mind the "super" titles, but in some cases they are overused.
I agree with Byuakuya, keep the super titles, but add more original names as well.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Is it just me or is the word 'super' linked with nintendo very strongly.
Nintendo has always been a super power in the games industry has it not?, but i'm starting to think that maybe nintendo's addiction to 'super' isnt so brilliant. Yes like a said, Nintendo has been described as a super power in the games industry in the past and present and maybe the future but how many times can the word super be used. Super paper mario, super mario land, super metroid, super smash bro's etc etc etc. The list goes on.

Would people like to see more 'super titles' or maybe some more orginal names?

Thoughts?

Sorry, but you are completely off-track. The games were named that because of the SYSTEM: Super Nintendo. Except for SPM of course, idk about that. Its just like all of the *Insert Title Here* 64 games for N64. Its a gimmick.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Sorry, but you are completely off-track. The games were named that because of the SYSTEM: Super Nintendo. Except for SPM of course, idk about that. Its just like all of the *Insert Title Here* 64 games for N64. Its a gimmick.

I didnt just mean snes games i ment all nintendo game:nono:

Well, it's a gimmick. And there's nothing necessarily wrong with that.

Other companies have little gimmicks like that; Apple has its "i" line (iPod, iPhone, iLife, etc.), the "For Dummies" books have yellow covers, and O'Reilly tech books have woodcut animals on all their covers.

As long as it doesn't hurt Nintendo's brand power, it's fine. I think "Super" has turned into a word that's just there; it's just part of a lot of Nintendo titles. I suspect people don't really think about it.

I guess thats nintendo's way of marketing. Imagine your little and you see Super Mario for the first time,a great game that nobody can forget, aren't you gonna remember that game?

plus nintendo has always made intuittive consoles. minus the gamecube lol

Cpt.McCloud said:
I didnt just mean snes games i ment all nintendo game:nono:

I know that is what you meant, but it still doesnt make sense to me. All of the games you provided (except for spm) were from SNES. I would be willing to bet that 90% of game names starting with the word 'super' were either on the SNES, or their series started on the SNES.

There is a reason for the things nintendo does...they dont just have a special bond to the word super. Maybe thats the answer you were looking for?

Mario is always with super they are like husband and wife they just go together but yes they are using super a lot but I can't say it's a bad thing

Like byuakuya said.

I like the name super in some use's like Super mario bros as those games have been established with the name super but its also nice to have some original names too.

I still think that all of this 'super' business started with the snes... And the reason why we still get 'super' games is due to (for lack of a better word) sequels. Its an ongoing gimmick.

Back