Super Smash Bros. 4

daily-2014-05-16.jpg

looking forward to the crazy female villager fanart

I hate it when he does that over deleting a post, it always makes me curious as to what the original message said...

^

But now that someone brought it up... charge moves like that (charging a special while moving around/performing other actions) is pretty commonplace in other 2D fighting games. For such a thing to be in Smash Bros., it's obvious that Namco's influence has been strong.

So now that we've seen the large amount of variety on both of Villager's genders, the gender swap on Wii Fit Trainer, and Wire Frame Little Mac... we can DEFINITELY be 100% positive about true costume swaps in the new Smash Bros. So what possible outfits are you guys looking forward to most? A few I can think of:

Fierce Diety Link
Toon Link in Vaati's Outfit
Skyward Sword Zelda
Cloaked Zelda
Sheik in Impa's Outfit
Fire Flower Peach/Rosalina
Doctor Mario/Luigi
Dry Bowser
Dark Meta Knight
Mega Man in Proto Man's Armor (I'm fairly convinced this is a costume swap with Elec Man being revealed as the Assist Trophy.)
Zero Suit as Young Samus (I know Other M is quite hated, but with Power Suit getting the Other M look I could see this happening.)

Last edited:
Two of the alternate outfits are for characters that don't have a gender as being one'a their defining characteristic: both Wii Fit Trainers are virtual trainers all the same, and both villagers are silent protagonists which are malleable icons for the player to shape. The only alt costume that screams "fan service" is Wire Frame Mac, so who can say how many more fan service alts we'll get.

Point bein', I wouldn't be surprised if the list of alts in the final release is only as big as that list ya've made... but who knows.

Oh so you gotta hold the button for shadow sneak... Seems interesting.

I say: The more alts the better, but I don't think they're really getting into it, as much as probably most of us would love them to.
Those are some really cool suggestions though, I'd love to see them and play as them.

Back