Super Smash Bros. Alternate Plot: The Rise of Nefirus

Well, the time limit expired...
The original "present" was that I would edit and post up the rest of the chapter yesterday. I'll still finish the whole thing in one post though, because you still posted.
Sooo...

He woke up in his room on the gummi ship. Pit was still sleeping on an airbed below. Sora looked outside and saw the golden brown sandy beaches of Destiny Islands. The warm breeze lightly touched his cheek. The cut was still on Sora's right forearm and it burned. He woke Pit up, and started to show him around the Island. Marth and Samus had yet to arrive.

Thunder echoed the dark islands. Gusts of wind shot into their faces as they looked up at the morning sky. It was like it was night, and there was no light to see. Sora casted fire, then Aeroga to create a lamp. There was no way of telling what was going on in the island.

As Sora and Pit looked around in the darkness, Ridley swooped down and landed in front of them. "Well, well, looks like I found you. It's too bad Marth and Samus aren't here; I want to get revenge on them for depriving me of victory. But now that I've found you, at least my thirst for blood will be sated." Ridley opened his wings and prepared to strike. "Such a shame; I was hoping for a challenge."

"Pit, get your arrow ready. I've got an idea!" Sora exclaimed. The keyblade swung at Ridley's head. "Where are they, Ridley?!" Sora asked.

Ridley dodged the Keyblade and rammed into Sora, pushing him back. "Where are who?" he snarled.

"Marth and Samus!" He slashed the keyblade at tremendous force at Ridley. The creature backed away. Pit was firing arrow after arrow at the beast. In the chaos, Ridley sped towards Sora to deliver the finishing blow. Suddenly, Samus’s ship rammed into Ridley and sent him sprawling on the ground. Marth opened the hatch.

"Sora, Pit, get in now!"

"Do you think Ridley is still alive?” Sora asked Marth, as he entered the ship.

Ridley began to stagger up. His head was pounding from being rammed with Samus’s ship.
"No! You won’t get away again! This ends now!" Samus’s ship shot off, away from Destiny Islands.

"After you left,” began Marth, “Samus got her power suit back and we escaped from Nefirus’s army unnoticed. We saw Ridley flying in your direction and knew something bad was going to happen, so we followed him."

"To be honest Marth,” said Sora, “we were pretty scared of Ridley, he was powerful; I thought we were done for. Thank you, Marth."

"Hey, I wasn't scared!" Pit exclaimed. Everyone laughed at this, and for a few short minutes, everything seemed calm.

Ridley got up and sped after Samus’s ship, slowly gaining on it. It’s time you die, he thought furiously.

“No...” Marth looked around. There was bump.
"SKRRRREEEEEEEE!"
Ridley smashed his fist against the top of the ship. Marth looked up. "Ridley! He's after Samus... he just won't give up!”

Ridley let out a loud shriek. There was another bump. Marth turned to Sora and Pit. “Stay here and protect Samus; she's the one he wants. Don't try to stop me. I'm going to settle this with Ridley once and for all.” He turned to Samus and paused. “…Take care of yourself, Samus." Marth jumped out of the ship to the top; he was standing on the ship's roof. Ridley was flying towards him.
"Ridley!!!! I'm not running any more! I won’t let you hurt my friends!"
”SKREEEEEEE!”
Ridley charged at Marth, talons bared for the kill.

OOC: Couldn't help it. :D
This makes the fight just that much cooler.
Moving on...

IC:
"I hope Marth will prevail…" said Pit back inside.

"He will; don't you worry Pit, good always wins!" replied Sora confidently. Sora looked at Samus. She was very quiet. Suddenly Xemnas appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Sora by the throat!

"Sora!" Pit exclaimed. Pit hit Xemnas with his sabers, and Xemnas let go of him. "I’ll take care of him, Sora!” But Xemnas had already disappeared.

Samus got back up. She could barely stand, but she tried to figure out what was going on. Great. Ridley's back.
Samus shot as many Super Missles as she could at the beast before walking over
to the commander's seat. "Where’s…Marth?”

Xemnas looked upon Nefirus in Subspace. "Ridley's currently fighting Marth on Samus's ship. Also, I think I know where they'll land next if Ridley fails: The Island of the Ancients."

Marth leapt out of the way of Ridley's lunge, but almost lost his footing and slipped.
Marth’s thoughts were running at warp speed as he flipped and slid out of the way of Ridley’s furious barrage.
I've got to be careful; the metallic sheen of Samuses' ship is slippery. Ridley certainly has the advantage in this battle!
Marth had barely raised his sword back up when Ridley swooped around for another blow, knocking Marth off his feet. He winced in pain, but rolled up just in time to avoid Ridley's fireballs, which flew past him and splashed into the sea far below.
"SKREEEE!!!"
Ridley's shriek punctured the air like a knife as he fell onto the ship, tilting its' frame. Not pausing for a moment, Ridley followed up with a rush of claw attacks that Marth only avoided by sliding under the monster. He followed up with a powerful slash to Ridley's back, but once again his blade just bounced off of the leathery hide.
"How many times do you have to try that? I can't be harmed by your puny weapon!"
Ridley swirled around, grazing Marth on the shoulder with his wickedly sharp claws and making the swordsman cry out in pain. Ridley readied another blow, but suddenly staggered and screeched as Samuses' Super Missiles hit him square in the back. Marth used the opportunity to roll out of the way, but Ridley seemed unharmed as he swept back into thew air to continue his vicious assault.
"Just give up! You're no match for me and you know it, Marth! You can't beat me with your 'friends', what makes you think you can do it without them?"
Ridley put an extra hint of derision in the word friends as he sneered.
"Ridley, you could never understand how much the people in this ship mean to me! I won't let them die!"
"I understand plenty... particularly your feelings for Aran... heh... don't worry, she'll die the most painfully. I have other reasons for wanting her death more than yours."
Marth's rage increased at the threatining of Samus.
"You won't get the chance, Ridley! Your last fight is with ME!"
"Keep telling yourself that, boy..."
--MEANWHILE--

Nefirus was spectating the fight through a portal in Subspace. He was thinking hard. “HMM... RIDLEY'S DOING MUCH BETTER THAN I HAD EXPECTED. STILL, IF HE FAILS, I MUST QUICKLY PUT MY PLAN INTO ACTION. HE IS A LOYAL SERVANT, AND A VALUABLE ASSET TO MY MASTER PLAN.” Nefirus straightened up.

--MEANWHILE--

Marth dodged another of Ridleys' aerial attacks.
He's using the same strategy over and over again, but it's working! Eventually, I'll tire, and then Ridley will deliver the finishing blow!
Beads of sweat were already rolling down Marth's face like heavy rain. Ridley turned, and swooped at him again. Marth made a split-second decision and took the attack head on, blocking Ridleys' bite with his sword and grabbing his claw as Ridley swooped off again. Marth clung on for dear life as Ridley writhed in midair, trying to shake him off. If Marth fell, it would be all over. Marth swung up onto Ridleys' back, and knowing that it would be futile to attack his hard skin, he stabbed at Ridleys' soft snout.

"ARRRGGHHH!" Ridley clutched at his face as Marth slashed him repeatedly. Noticing that their struggle had taken them close to the ship once more, Marth slashed both of Ridleys' wings and leapt off of him onto the ship as Ridley fell out of sight behind them. Marth collapsed to his knees, panting heavily. Was it over?

Suddenly, the ship shook as Ridley scrambled back on!
He must have caught the edge of the ship as he fell! But at least he can't use his wings, Marth thought. Ridley then did something completely unexpected. Instead of attacking Marth, he slashed at the ship's hull, poking a hole to where Pit, Sora and Samus were. With a jolt of horror, Marth realized what he was planning to do. "Stay away from my friends!”

Marth leapt at Ridley, but Ridley backhanded him and sent him sprawling to the other edge. Ridley began to advance towards Marth, ready to deliver the finishing blow. "Whether I kill you first or not, it makes no difference to me," Ridley snarled. "You're all going to die tonight anyway."

"No, Ridley. I'll beat you..." Marth tried to struggle up, but his left leg was broken and he collapsed again.

"Don't make me laugh. You can't even penetrate my hard skin; there's no way you can deal enough damage to finish me!"

"No, Ridley... you're wrong."

Ridley roared, his teeth glinting eerily in the dim light. Lightning crashed around them as he raised his arm up to strike. “About what?”

“ABOUT THIS!” Marth summoned all his energy into his blade. He was using his signature technique: Critical Hit. Marth pulled his sword back as it glowed with energy and ran it straight through Ridley's chest, the tip popping out of his back.

Ridleys' expression was a mixture of surprise and annoyance. "That's... not... fair..." Marth pulled his sword out of Ridley as the beast’s lifeless body rolled across the ship and fell off the side, plummeting into the icy waters below.

Marth staggered towards the top half of the ship, but collapsed. Using his critical hit technique had taken a lot of energy out of him. "Please... help..." Marth croaked. He hoped Samus, Sora or Pit heard him before he passed out.

~The Island of the Ancients, Outside~

In the meantime, Bowser arrived on the Island of the Ancients, hoping to find the heroes there. Things had been going better for him lately. His plans had actually been successful. But his face became much less happy when he noticed his least favorite plumber hording off primids. He wouldn’t allow the plumber to disrupt his plans again!

Mario was alone; when Ganondorf had shown up he had decided that it would be better to let Link take care of him. What a coward! Bowser confronted his nemesis. “Bwa ha ha! Mario! Time to die!” The giant dinosaur-like creature got in his shell form, and used his whirling fortress technique to attack Mario. The hero jumped out of the way just in time. Mario had only just finished fighting Shadow Master Hand. He was over tired, and not prepared for another fight.

“Mama Mia! It’s a Bowser!” When Bowser came out of his shell, Mario ran behind him and grabbed his tail, spinning him. Bowser was flung a safe distance away. He followed the beast, preparing to punch him. He swung his hand, only to have it caught by his enemy.

“Bwa ha ha!” Bowser swung at Mario with his claw, and hit him in the face. Mario was knocked out of Bower’s grip, and fell to the ground. Bowser summoned fire from the depths of his stomach, engulfing Mario in flame. “Getting hot, Mar-ee-oh?” Mario’s hat was on fire, and so he threw it off of him quickly. The plumber was sweating bullets in the heat.

“Oh, no, Bowser! I’m a doing just fine!” His Italian accent grew thicker as he became deeply afraid. “It’s time for you to be a defeated!” Mario was swung at again by Bowser, but this time he ducked. He put his fist right up to the behemoth’s belly before performing the super jump punch, knocking Bowser into the sky. Mario and Bowser fell, clawing at each other all the way down to the ground.

Bowser thrust Mario off of him. “It’s the time I showed you one of my new tricks. Something I saved just for you! The Dark Aura!”

“The what-a?”

“It must have come to me from lingering around all this Subspace. Yes! That’s where it must have come from! I can fell it…some hidden power that decided to give itself to me! Death is coming, Mario. Are you ready for it?” Bowser’s body began to pour out black and purple smoke, just like the primids. So he’s right. His power did come from the Primids. Mario’s thoughts were interrupted by Bowser’s attacks.

The man in red was able to jump just out of range of Bowser’s reach. Just a got to stay a far away from him. Mario shot fireballs out of the palms of his hands, but each time Bowser just diminished the fire with his own hot breath.

“Try this on for size!” After using the cliché line, Bowser swung at Mario again, and he once again dodged the attack. What’s he a mean? The attack a was the same. But, unfortunately for Mario, he was wrong. Bowser had released Subspace from him as he swung, and it hit Mario smack upside the head. Mario was flat on his back, but only for a second. He got back up, and turned around, and ran. Ran. Away from Bowser. It was the first time Mario had ever done so in the entirety of his life.

Mario was relieved when he found a shallow river- knowing it was Bowser’s weakness- and ran across it. But Bowser didn’t plan on letting his prey escape. “Behold- The true power of Subspace!” Bowser shot Subspace blasts at the river. He had put up a wall that had stopped the river from flowing beyond the point that it was at. He walked on the other side of the wall and stared at Mario. But he said nothing. A grin appeared on his face, and Mario shook with fear. There was no stopping Bowser. Bowser lifted his paw, and aimed it at Mario.

“Don’t I get any last a-words?” Mario asked, trying to smile, but failing. His mind was going at a hundred miles an hour. Was there no way to get out of this?
Unless...

“You deserve none.” Bowser let the Subspace flow out of him, and swallow his enemy.
However, as Mario disappeared from view, Bowser could have sworn he saw his nemesis smile…
Bowser dismissed the thought and went to contact Nefirus.
“EXCELLENT JOB, BOWSER,” came Nefirus’s monotonous voice, when Bowser had finally contacted his master and announced his victory. “I NEED YOU TO FIND MASTER HAND. SUBDUE HIM, AND BRING HIM TO ME. I MUST ABSORB HIS POWER; THEN NOT EVEN TABUU WILL POSE ANY THREAT TO ME. ON SECOND THOUGHT, GO AFTER THE FEST OF THE HEROES. YOU WILL BE MORE USEFUL THAT WAY.” Nefirus turned away and opened a subspace portal with a wave of his hand. “NOW, IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I MUST GO. RIDLEY HAS FALLEN IN BATTLE, AND I MUST RETRIEVE HIS BODY.”

Nefirus passed through the portal and found himself at the bottom of the ocean. Though any normal human would drown here, Nefirus was far beyond such mortal concerns. Before him he saw the lifeless body of Ridley, staring towards the surface of the water with dead, blank eyes. With a simple gesture, Nefirus lifted Ridley via telekinesis and opened another portal back to the SmashDome. Nefirus flew through it with Ridley's body. “DON'T LOOK SO SAD, RIDLEY. YOU SHALL SOON LIVE AGAIN.”

~The Island of the Ancients, in Master Hand’s Temple~

Ratchet woke up. "Where... where am I?" He asked to no one in particular. He appeared to be in a small temple, but there was no one there. He spotted an audio recording device on the ground, so he picked it up and pressed play.

"My name is Master Hand." The voice, though it was a recording, boomed across the room. "You have been called to our world, the Smash World, for a specific reason. We are under great threat by two beings known as Tabuu and Nefirus. You and your friend Clank are potentially valuable assets to our army." Upon hearing his name, Clank woke up.

"Where are we?" He asked Ratchet.

"I don't know," Ratchet answered. The recording, which had automatically paused when Clank woke up, started again. Clank decided to listen and ask Ratchet about the start of the recording later. "Please find a ship known as the Gummi Ship. It has some of your allies traveling within it, trying to reach me. Outside, you should find your old ship. The Gummi Ship should stand out; it is the only ship in the sky. Besides, it is brightly colored and does not look aerodynamic, which should tell you what it is when you see it. I have locked the coordinates of the Gummi Ship in your own ship. Bring them to the forest very close to here. And lastly, good luck.” With that, the recording faded out.

"Where are we now?" Clank asked. "I understand our mission, but I don't know where we are."

"We're in a place called SmashWorld. Remember when we were beamed to the Bogon Galaxy? It's something like that. We should go aid those warriors, right?"

"Yes," Clank responded. He and Ratchet hopped in the ship. "I'll turn on the Robotic Operating System," Clank said. He sent a signal out to the ship, and it rose off the ground. Ratchet pulled the thrust drive, and they sped off toward the Gummi Ship.

~High above the Smash World, in Samus’ Ship~

Samus looked and saw Ridley had poked a hole through her ship. I just got this repainted... But then she heard a noise above her and Marth mutter something. She engaged autopilot, and jumped on top of the ship quickly and grabbed Marth. But she couldn't move. She still wasn't strong enough. "Sora!" she tried to yell it, but the words didn't come out very loud. Maybe Nefirus should be stopped before I try to get revenge on Tabuu.

Sora suddenly saw the hole, "Marth's still up there; Pit, you stay here.”

Sora picked the tired out Marth and placed him next to Samus. Pit was looking out the window. "Um, Sora, we might have a problem!" Xemnas and his glowing red lazer-swords were lighting up the dark clouds.

Marth stirred. He tried to get up, but his leg hurt him far too much. "Did I... beat Ridley?" he said to no one in particular.

“I don’t know,” said Pit, trying to stay calm. “But we don’t have time for that. Xemnas is here!”

“Who now?” Marth asked. He had never heard of a “Xemnas” before. Suddenly, he remembered where he heard the name.
"You mean Sora's nemesis? The one who's working... with Nefirus?"

“He's attacking the ship!” yelled Sora; “I'll go up!" He went up and saw a trophy of a white haired man with a long big sword behind his back. Xemnas was flying towards Sora. "You’re mine; I'll turn you into a Heartless!" Xemnas exclaimed. Sora knew that a heartless was someone that would follow Xemnas with no emotion; with no heart.

Marth turned himself to find Samus lying next to him, unconcious. She's even weaker than I thought, she needs more time to recuperate. I hope she's all right. With his undamaged arm, Marth reached over and pulled off Samus's helmet so she could get some fresh air.
"Samus, are you awake? Can you hear me?"

Back on the top of the ship, Xemnas and Sora were fighting. "Xemnas, what have you done with Kairi and Riku? Tell me!" Sora’s normal upbeat attitude had vanished.
"I’m not telling you, Sor-a!" Xemnas was obviously mocking him. Sora's rage increased within and he burst out to Xemnas with furious rage. Xemnas was being pummeled by the Keyblade, as he had been caught off guard by Sora’s swiftness.

~High above the Smash World, in Ratchet’s Ship~

“Where is this ship going? It's moving so fast..." Ratchet veered a sharp right toward the ship.

"At least we're catching up..." Clank pointed out. He was paying attention to the radar, while Ratchet was looking out the ship's front window for any sign of Samus' ship.

"I believe we are approaching it quite quickly," Clank pointed out.

"Yeah, I can see it out the window," Ratchet answered. He sounded annoyed. As they approached the ship, Ratchet decided that they were jumping out of their own and landing on Samus' ship.

"I don't advise this, Ratchet..." Clank said, trying to sound calm, but evidently failing.

"Too bad. We're doing it." Clank sighed, got on Ratchet's back, and braced himself.

"Off we go!" Ratchet yelled. Clank pulled out his thruster pack, ready to use it. In a few seconds, Clank initiated it, floating himself and Ratchet to the ship gently. Ratchet noticed that the ship had a gaping hole in the back. He entered and greeted everyone. "Hello," he said, pausing, expecting to see them all shocked at his abrupt arrival. "I'm Ratchet, and this is Clank. Who are you?"

"Whoever you are help us!" yelled Pit.

Ratchet looked up, shocked that someone would order him around like that. He saw Xemnas, and recognized that he was evil. He took out his Lancer, a machine gun, and his favorite weapon, and pointed it at Xemnas. He took it out and pointed it at Xemnas. "Eat this!" He fired about a score of shots at the villain.

Marth heard the commotion outside. There's a fight going on! He realized. He desperately wanted to join in and help, but his leg was throbbing. Unless he stayed off of it, it might suffer permenant damage. Even if his leg was fine, he had to stay with Samus, She was the most vulnerable of all of them in her present state. "Please, Samus... please wake up."

Xemnas threw Sora back, and ran at him, swing his lazer swords as if Sora hadn’t hurt him at all. One of them hit, and Sora's right forearm throbbed with pain. "Xemnas!" Sora shouted.
Pit flew towards Ratchet. "You okay?"

“I’m fine? Why wouldn’t I be?” Ratchet asked with confusion, not used to people caring so much. “I don't know how much longer we can hold that guy off without this ship failing. It's already in a serious condition,” he continued, looking at the hole Ridley had made. “There are others down below, right? Tell them I'm going to bomb this ship and we're all going into mine. Like I said before, there's no hope of this ship surviving." Ratchet took out his Bouncer and got the trigger ready.

"Wait, Ratchet!" Clank protested. "Don't fire..."

As usual in a battle, Ratchet ignored Clank, and aimed for a spot to fire near Xemnas, and fired. The bouncer shot out a large bomb, which upon explosion, released a score of smaller bombs. When the explosions stopped, Xemnas was lying on the ground, wounded. But Ratchet looked at Pit, and saw he was also lying on the ground. Xemnas had made a direct hit on him.

Samus briefly woke up at the sound of Marth’s words. Looking around, she thought: What the heck is going on? And who are all these people? "Everybody off my ship!" But it was obvious no one heard her. "Marth... what's going on?" She looked over at Marth. "Your face is red. Is something wrong?" Noticing that her helmet was off, she placed it back on her head.

Marth breathed a sigh of relief. Samus was alright! "I think... I think I killed Ridley, but I broke my leg in the process. We're being attacked by more of Nefirus’s forces, but the others are holding them off." Marth touched Samuses' arm. "Are you feeling any better? Can you move?"

“Let's get out of here!” Ratchet yelled. He jumped off the burning and dying ship, pressed a button on his wrist pad, and his own ship appeared under them. He landed safely inside it. He hoped his newly found allies would make it in safe as well.

Sora followed, carrying Pit in. He quickly put his friend on the floor. The ship was about to take off."Pit, Pit, say something!" Sora checked the heart beat. There was nothing. "He's…dead!" he exclaimed. Sora was angry. He banged his fist on his seat repeatedly. Streams of tears ran through his eyes. "Nobody can die! Nobody…can…”

Ratchet turned on the radio transmitter. "Samus... that's your name, right? You'll never survive on that ship. You can take over the controls on my ship if you need to, but that ship won't work anymore. It's burning, it could explode any second, and there are two evil masterminds on board. I'm giving you one more chance to get on my ship. If you don't... it was nice knowing you, even if I never saw you."

Clank turned around and saw Sora leaning over one of his friend's bodies, which he assumed to be asleep. From Clank's view, it looked like Sora was crying. "What has happened, Sora?" The little robot asked.

“Pit, he…he died! From Xemnas! I hope Xemnas dies! I hope he dies painfully!” Sora was beyond anger. It was a side of him no one had seen before. Not wanting anyone else to die, Sora rushed back onto Samus’s ship. “Come on, Samus! Here, let me carry you. You need to see a doctor right away!”

“I'm perfectly...fine, Sora,” mumbled Samus, still in pain. I don't need...a doctor. I just need... to find... Ridley's body...Have to make sure...he's dead." But it was pretty clear to everyone watching her that she wasn't going anywhere. "Kill...Nefirus for me...would you?" Samus wasn't talking to any one in particular. In fact, she was mostly just mumbling to herself. She was becoming delusional again. Samus crashed onto the floor and fell asleep.

“Samus!” Marth struggled up off the floor. His leg was burning horribly, but he didn't care. Samus had to get off the ship! He limped towards the exit.
"I'm getting Samus out of there!"

Xemnas was lying on the ground in pain. He saw Samus and knew that he could get one last kill before he died. He slowly stood up, and limped after her. He raised his laser-blades, and swung. But Sora had seen him coming, and he had rushed out to block the attack. They continued battling, each parrying the others blows, until eventually Sora was hit in the arm. He kept fighting, though he was in pain.

Ratchet saw everything through the screen in front of him. “Marth, I'm bringing my ship near Samus' burning ship, but you're limping. I'm going in with you.” Ratchet steered his ship near Samus' burning ship, and opened the top hatch. He helped Marth get out of it, then jumped onto the other ship. He snuxk up behind Xemnas and struck him hard in the head with his wrench. That outta knock him out, Ratchet thought.

But Xemnas was still conscious, though the blow had certainly made him vulnerable. Sora hit him hard with his keyblade, and Xemnas was knocked out, lying on the floor of the ship, again.

Ratchet turned his attention to Marth. "Hurry! Go find Samus and bring her to my ship! There's no hope for this one! It will explode in five minutes at the very most! And if it doesn’t blow up, then it will simply fall down to the ground!”

"Marth...save yourself...don't...die...trying to...save me...I'm not...worth it."

"I won't stand by watching you die!!! I can't even bear the thought of you dying...Samus."
Marth lifted Samus up, and his leg felt like it was about to burst. Marth stumbled, but didn't drop Samus and started making his way back towards Ratchet's ship.

He can't bear the thought of me dying? This explains a lot. Samus couldn't help but chuckle to herself. She attempted to disguise her laughter with a cough. Samus realized that there was a sort of awkward silence in the air, and so she said "I can walk back my-" But as soon as she let go of Marth, she fell over again. Smooth, Samus. She was the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, and she couldn't even stand up. She didn't know how to vent her embarrassment, so she just let Marth pick her up again.

Seeing their desperate situation with both of them limping, Ratchet tossed them each a magnetic badge. "Put these on!" He said. "They're tractor beam transmitters. I can use this to pull you to my ship through the air magnetically. Hurry! We don't have much time!"

Marth did as he was asked, and they pulled onto Ratchet’s ship. He staggered inside and laid Samus down. He fell to his knees; his leg was hurting so much.

Meanwhile, Sora entered the ship and broke the silence. But with Pit’s dead body lying on the chair next to him, the atmosphere was still uncomfortable.

Ratchet looked at Pit's dead body and frowned. He considered throwing it off the ship because it was a waste of space, but he rid his head of the evil thought.

Ratchet began to steer toward the Island of the Ancients to meet up with Master Hand. "We need to meet up with him, I promised," Ratchet explained to Sora, who had just gotten off Samus' ship. The Keyblade Bearer had just suggested that they go to Destiny Islands, his homeland. But as Ratchet had said, he needed to meet with this Master Hand.

~Phaaze, Homeworld of Metroid Prime, A.K.A. Dark Samus~

The metroids gathered before their leader, Metroid Prime. Dark Samus, as Metroid Prime was now called, looked up to see Space Pirate ships flying up above her. Phazon, she thought. It was the only thing she ever thought about. It was her life source. It was her power. Dark Samus transformed herself into pure energy with her last bit of power, and became invisible to all creatures’ eyes. She was headed for the Space Pirates. And the Space Pirates were headed for the Smash World.

~High above the Smash World, in Ratchet’s Ship~

Samus was lying peacefully in Ratchet’s ship. Most of the pain had gone, or at least wherever the pain was she was numb. But her joy was short-lived. "Marth...behind...you…" Samus was looking at a being that looked quite like her, but with a slight dark-bluish hue. Dark Samus looked at the helpless two people, and attacked. It launched several missiles at them, and without bothering to see the results, the creature moved on. It was looking for the energy source of the ship. Dark Samus was looking for Phazon, but found none. Whatever was powering this ship would have to do.

Samus had somehow managed to avoid a direct hit from the missiles, but she was caught in the blast. She was so weak she couldn't even turn her head to see if Marth had survived. All she could do was mumble "Ratchet...protect the ship's energy...that's...wha...it's...afer..." And then she fell asleep, again.

Marth staggered as the full barrage of missiles hit his back. The reason Samus hadn't been hit was because Marth had thrown himself in the way to protect her. Marth fell to the ground, unconscious.

Sora went to help Samus and Marth. Dark Samus wasn’t paying much attention to Sora, but finally turned around when he struck her in the back. Marth and Samus were unconscious, Pit was dead, and Ratchet was driving the plane; it was up to him.

But Sora had been wrong: things were not up to him. Palutena, Pit’s former mistress and the goddess of his world, had arrived. She saw Pit’s body, and was astonished. But that had been the reason she had came: for his body. She revived Marth and Samus from there unconsciousness, and left with Pit’s body.

Dark Samus watched her enemies rise. She was annoyed. She started to break through the floor of the ship, looking for energy. But before she did that, she changed her energy type, causing her to become invisible to all else on the ship.

Where did the Metroid Prime go? Samus looked at the floor of the ship. An invisible force was demolishing it. She switched on her dark visor to see Dark Samus was the culprit. Samus fired a Sunbust attack: a technique that composed of a charged up light beam and a super missile. The creature was unable to keep its form, and so it became visible to the others.

Sora saw Dark Samus reappear, and he shot blizzard, an ice attack, at Dark Samus. Dark Samus easily dodged the attack, but Sora didn’t notice. He was in a trance, oblivious to what was going on around him. As the other fighters came to destroy Dark Samus, Palutena’s voice whirled around Sora's head.

"Sora, through you, the others will learn their mission."

“So…Why me?”

“Your keyblade can unlock keyholes.”

“Yeah, but how will that help us?"

“Xemnas has already assisted Nefirus in sealing Subspace itself, so that only beings of Subspace can enter it now. The keyholes of Subspace need to be unlocked so you can defeat Nefirus."

"Where are they?" Sora asked.

“There are five of them, each in its own location. One is in Destiny Islands, in the cave next to the waterfall. One is on the Bridge of Eldin. One is in Norfair. One is in the Subspace Bomb Factory, in the Island of the Ancients. And one is in the Starship Phoenix, Ratchet’s headquarters.

“Good luck to you, Sora. You’ll need it.” Sora suddenly became aware of what was happening. The heroes had driven Dark Samus away. Hopefully she’s dead, thought Sora angrily.

"Okay," said Ratchet to Clank, "We're about on the Island of the Ancients. I need to find Master Hand and talk to him about what the heck is going on." He flew the ship down toward the floating island.

Ratchet looked out the side window and saw Samus' burning ship crash land into the ground far behind them. Grimly, he hoped Xemnas was still on board.

A few moments later, he landed in a meadow in the forest. He and Clank got out, expecting all of the others to follow him. Immediately, he saw Master Hand, Black Knight and Link. They had moved toward the location when they saw Ratchet's ship overhead. Ganondorf had long since fled to Subspace.

"Hello, Ratchet and Clank. It is time for me to grant you and your friends your first, and hopefully only, mission," Master Hand began. "My original plan to destroy Subspace was foiled when I was possessed by Tabuu a year ago. The time is dire now. Let me tell you of my plans." Master Hand paused, a moment to let his words thus far sink in.

"Over one million years ago, when the Smash World was created, I hid four relics of power. They were given to me by other deities from other worlds. They secrete the power to destroy Subspace itself, if used together. The relics come from four worlds called Hyrule, Mushroom Kingdom, PokeWorld and Pop Star. They are the four largest worlds in our galaxy, Nintendo. With permission from the gods of these worlds, I took their most prized artifacts and hid them here. They are heavily guarded by monsters that I placed there, but I am sure that they have turned into Primids, Heartless and Nobodies by the likes of Nefirus and Tabuu.

"The four relics are the Triforce, from Link’s world, the Ultimate Grand Star, from Mario’s world, the Master Ball, from the world of the Pokemon, and the Star Rod, from Kirby’s world, Pop Star. They are hidden in the four corners of Smash: The Mountains, the sky, the forest, and the desert. I will come with you to find them, for it is of great importance that we recover them and save our world- and ultimately the universe- from the horror that is Subspace." Master Hand stopped talking there, and let the knowledge sink in among the others.

While everyone thought about what Master Hand had said, Sora told Link and the others what had happened on the ship with Palutena.

“So why was Palutena there?” asked Link gleefully.

"Um Link, we need to tell you something, was Pit a friend of yours?" asked Sora.

"Yes, I know Pit very well! We were friends and allies a year ago! Do you know him?" Link was still cheerful; he didn’t understand that Sora was trying to be serious.

"Um.... he was fighting with us.... but a guy called Xemnas killed him while we were fighting…" Sora began to cry again. Streams of tears flowed through his usually jolly cheeks. “But Pit told me something while we were fighting with Dark Samus."

“Oh... wow, he died... I- I'm really sorry Sora...” Link looked down at the ground. “Do you have his body?” He asked. “We should really hold a funeral for such a brave warrior.”

It was getting dark. Master Hand, not having heard the conversation between Link and Sora, announced that they should set up camp for the night. That meadow was one of the only really safe places the heroes could stay without the fear, risk, and threat of enemy attacks. "Does anybody have any camping equipment?" He asked, realizing that he didn't have anything with him.

"Lucky for you, I do," answered Ratchet. He opened up the back of his ship and took out about ten sleeping bags. "Always be prepared," he chuckled. He laid them down throughout the meadow. Darkness was approaching quickly, and Ratchet realized that he was one sleeping bag short. "Um..." he started.

"It is fine. I do not need a sleeping bag," Master Hand said, as if reading Ratchet's thoughts. Ratchet shrugged, and sat down for a moment to clear his thoughts. He probably should have known, anyways.

Sora thought I'll tell them tommorow morning about the 5 keyholes. Sora saw the team together in a big circle with the campfire the size of sora's keyblade. He lied on his navy blue sleeping bag, looking at the night sky. Thoughts were running through Sora's head. “Is the universe going to be safe? What are they going to do with Riku and Kairi? Was Xemnas dead?”

Suddenly Sora saw a shooting star in the dark night sky. It shone as bright as the moon. "I wish Pit was alive again.” He looked at the star pass by, and stared sadly at the night sky. He closed his eyes and went into a deep sleep.

Marth stirred from his unconcious state and found himself looking up at the stars. He recognized where he was; the Island of the Ancients. The last thing Marth remembered was throwing himself in the way of Dark Samuses' missiles.

Wait, Master Hand is here... I need to tell him what I heard whil I was in the SmashDome!
He sat up, and winced. His back and leg were still tender from his previous battles. He saw Master Hand floating across from him behind a campfire.

"Master Hand... It's good to see you again. I have important news I've been anxious to tell you. News about Nefirus..."

Master Hand turned to Marth. "News, Marth? On Nefirus? Please, tell me. We must know about our enemy if we expect to defeat him. Did you see him? How was the ride back and where is Samus's ship?" This caught Ratchet's attention. He blushed and backed away nervously, deciding to let Marth tell Master Hand the fate of Samus's ship.

“I... I think I killed Ridley. As for Samuses' ship... it was destroyed. I don't exactly know how, I wasn't able to participate in the events at that point.” Marth turned his head towards the stars and thought for a moment. “About Nefirus... yes, I saw him... I spent a week trapped in his hideout. While I was there, I heard him say something shocking to Xemnas over his communications screen." Marth turned back towards Master Hand and paused. “You'll think this is crazy, but trust me... this is real.”
“Nefirus IS Tabuu. ...Well, not exactly. You weren’t awake to remember this, but during our final fight with Tabuu during the events of last year, his Off Waves from his wings turned us all into trophies. To stop this from happening again, Sonic blasted his wings off, weakening him. Those shards of Tabuu eventually formed into Nefirus." Marth paused once again.

"He wants to absorb you and Tabuu to become complete once again and become even more powerful than he was as the original Tabuu. I didn't hear much of this, but a being known as "HyperTabuu" was mentioned. This could very well be his true form. We must prevent him from accomplishing this!"

Master Hand stopped moving, shocked. "So there are two Tabuus, but they're enemies? Frankly, I think it should stay that way. It seems there is a ransom on me now... I must evade being destroyed, or absorbed by Nefirus or Tabuu at the very least. As for this ‘HyperTabuu’, I was aware of his existence. But not that they could get to this form by absorbing me. It simply hadn’t crossed my mind. But that’s enough of this talk for now. You should get some rest.”

“As we all should.” Marth headed for his sleeping bag and lay down, trying to get some rest.

Sora saw Kairi and Riku standing on the ground in font of him. "Kairi, Riku!" He was so exited to see his friends! Where had they been? How had they gotten here? Sora didn’t care. He went up them and gave them a big hug. But to his dismay, they dissolved, and the dark night got darker. Everything was fading, but it didn’t fade all the way. It slowly cleared up, and Sora looked on with horror. He could see his own body lying on the floor next to Black Knight.

The Black Knight stood there, until he turned around and looked right back at Sora, and began to laugh. He was holding the golden keyblade up, and the words "For my friends!" glimmered in devil red. "No!” Sora yelled. But it was too late; the Black Knight was already standing beside Master Hand. He cut the deity with the red keyblade, and Master Hand fell; blood flowing from the white glove.

Sora woke up, with sweat flowing down his body and wet back. A great shiver grew across his spine. He tried to fall asleep again, but he was too afraid. Too afraid of the knight.

Marth was having trouble falling asleep as well, as the others began to quiet down. Scanning his eyes along the line of those sleeping, he remembered that Pit was gone. Dead. Trying to avoid thinking about it, his gaze fell on a sleeping Samus. Marth realized with a rush of embarrassment what he had said to her on her ship.

“I can't even bear the thought of you dying, Samus…”I'm such an idiot! I shouldn't have said anything. Samus probably thinks I'm an fool. Even though Master Hand didn't appear to be moving, Marth had the uncomfortable feeling that he could read his thoughts. He buried his head under his sleeping bag and tried to hide his face in shame.

Sora was still thinking about his dream. He wanted to trust the Back Knight, but he needed reassurance. “Marth, can I talk to you?”

Marth turned to face Sora. “What is it, Sora? You can tell me anything.”

"Um it's about.... Kairi… I miss her. You see, she's my girlfriend, and I'm scared that she might be dead. Please, Marth, tell me that's she's going to be okay?" Sora was thinking of Riku dying as well.

Marth paused for a second. “I'm sorry Sora, but I can't tell you for certain that she's not dead. No one can be sure. But what I can tell you is, if she's even a bit like you, she'll be fine.”

"Thanks Marth. That's what I needed; I had a nightmare you see. And um... Marth, I saw the expression on your face, and yes I think you're a good couple... good night, Marth." As Sora walked away, Marth blushed. He hadn’t thought anyone knew about him and Samus. He tried not to think about it as he fell asleep…

----------------------------------------------------------
END OF CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE: DARK MOTIVES-- Sneak Preview!

With their goals now known, the heroes begin the quest for the Relics and the Keyholes! First stop: Destiny Islands once again! However, they've got company! Will the heroes be able to face off against a new, more powerful enemy than ever before-- King DeDeDe?!? Also, the Black Knight struggles to keep his double-agent role a secret! This is where things get interesting!

Master Hand turned to everyone else. "Though Nefirus cannot get through the barrier I have set up, it would be unwise to remain here. We all must get in Ratchet's ship so we can escape to a safer place," he announced.

Master Hand turned to Kairi, while observing Nefirus's attempts to get in through the force field he had created. "If Nefirus is out there," he began, "then there is little hope he is alive right now," he finished sadly. Then he turned to Ratchet. "Do you have anything that can get us out of here quickly?" He asked.

Ratchet nodded. "I'll go get it," he said. He walked over to his ship and took out a chunk of machinery.

Clank was unpleasantly surprised. "Oh no!" He exclaimed. "Not the Gravimetric Warp Drive?" He asked.

Ratchet kept installing it in the ship.

"The untested Gravimetric Warp Drive?"

Ratchet merely nodded his head.

"The one you built from Blargian scrap metal?"

"You coming?" Ratchet asked.

Clank shook his head, looking futile. "We are doomed," he said grimly.

Ratchet turned to Master Hand. "Tell everyone to get in my ship. I'll get us far away," he said through gritted teeth.

OOC: He he he he...

Last edited:
OOC: Sorry there's been such a long break between Chapter 2 and 3, guys. I've been pretty busy (my midterms are coming up) and I haven't had time to post, like, anywhere. Hopefully that'll end soon. But, at any rate...
GAME LOADING...
Chapter 3: Dark Motives

~The Island of the Ancients, the Forest Haven~

The sun rose as Sora was packing up his sleeping bag. When everyone had gathered around the remains of last night’s fire, he spoke. “Guys? I have something important to say,” Sora announced. “Yesterday on the ship, Palutena told me how to get into Subspace. We need to find 5 different keyholes to unseal so we can have a passage to Subspace.” Sora took in a breath, and then continued.

“There is one in the Bridge of Eldin, another is in Destiny Islands in a cave by the waterfall, one is in um....Norfair, another is on Starship...” Sora paused for a moment, thinking.

“Phoenix,” said Ratchet.

“Yes. And another is in the Subspace Bomb Factory.” As he finished speaking, Sora felt a strange pain. It wasn’t a physical pain, but rather a spiritual one. “No…Kairi…” He could feel her pain.

~The Smash Dome, in the Prison~

Nefirus scanned the ground. He had been flying for almost an hour now, but still no sign of either Master Hand or Tabuu. He landed on the ground.

“PERHAPS MY PRISONERS KNOW WHERE MASTER HAND IS…”

Nefirus opened a portal to Subspace to the Smash Dome, and went inside. Kairi and Riku were suspended on chains made of Subspace energy.
“TELL ME... WHERE IS YOUR FRIEND SORA?”
“We don't know!” shouted Riku.

“AH, RIKU. ALWAYS THE BRAVE ONE. WELL, LET'S SEE HOW BRAVE YOU REALLY ARE.” A huge, monstrous dragon-dinosaur stepped forward from the shadows, flexing it's razor sharp claws. “THIS IS OMEGA RIDLEY! HE WAS ORIGINALLY KILLED BY ONE OF SORA'S ALLIES, BUT I HAVE INFUSED HIM WITH SUBSPACE ENERGY, MAKING HIM MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER BEFORE."
Nefirus turned to the monstrous form.
"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO.”

Omega Ridley bowed. “Yes, Master.” He reached out and grasped Kairi around the waist. Ridley smiled a sickly yellow smile, exposing his horrible metallic teeth.
“If you don’t tell me where Sora is right now, Kairi will be squeezed until her inards pop out. If you want to continue to be silent, be my guest!”
At this, Ridley began to squeeze Kairi, who screamed in pain.
"D-don't... tell him Riku... AHHH!!!"

“Okay!" he shouted. “He was going to go to the Island of the Ancients after he saved Samus.” Riku sighed, disappointed in himself for betraying Sora, but relieved that Kairi would now be safe. Ridley cocked his head and grinned. It looked like he was going to continue to torture Kairi, but Nefirus held out his hand.
"THAT IS ENOUGH, RIDLEY. YOU'LL GET THE CHANCE TO KILL THEM... BUT NOT NOW."
Omega Ridley sighed and released his grip on Kairi.

“SEE, NOW WAS THAT SO HARD?” Nefirus reached his hand out and touched Riku's forehead, and then Kairi's, draining some of their power.

“RIDLEY, MAKE SURE THESE TWO DON'T ESCAPE.”

“Yes, master. Will you be going to the Island of the Ancients?”

“INDEED I WILL.” Nefirus opened a portal and flew out of Subspace.

~ Back at the Island of the Ancients~

The sun was above them, and it was about 10:00. Most people were up. Ratchet rolled up his sleeping bag, and then looked south, thinking he saw something. He was right. It was a girl. She looked to be about fifteen or sixteen, so she was much taller than Ratchet, who wasn't even human. But he decided to keep his distance for now.

Meanwhile, Master Hand saw that everyone was up, so he made an announcement: "It is time to seek out the first relic. We shall be searching for the Triforce, hidden in the cave. However, it has come to my knowledge that there are strange phenomenons called the 5 Keyholes of Subspace. I also know that Sora," Master Hand made a gesture to him, "knows where they are, and bears the item that can seal them, therefore opening up a way to Subspace and giving us enough power to be a threat to Nefirus.

"We shall split up into two groups. I will call them the Relic Group and the Keyhole Group. I myself shall go along with the heroes who would like to recover the Ancient Relics. Keep in mind that going to find the Keyholes of Subspace is more of an offensive plan, while searching for the Relics is more of a defensive plan. Also, the 5 keyholes of Subspace will bring you very far and wide; perhaps even to different worlds, whereas the Ancient Relics are all hidden in the Smash World. Think about that, and then make your choice."

After a few minutes, Ratchet was the first to volunteer. "I'm going with Sora to find the 5 Keyholes of Subspace," he announced.

"I think I'll go try to find the Ancient Relics," Link said soon after. I sense Nefirus near here... They must make up their minds soon! Master Hand thought.

Snake slowly crept towards the clearing ahead of him; he had been walking all night through a thick forested area. The sun was coming up now. He had been on this strange planet for one whole day now. The opening was cluddered with sleeping bags and many odd characters, most of which he had seen before, such as Link and Samus. Snake equipped a silencer on his pistol and pulled out a pair of binoculars, scanning the horizon.Looks safe. Snake moved into the opening and approched Master Hand.

“Ah, Snake, you’re back! Good. We’ll need all the help we can get. That over there is Sora,” Master Hand continued, pointing to the boy with the orange spiky hair, “and that is Kairi. I believe you know everyone else…Oh wait! That’s Ratchet there.” The Lombax was standing not far away, but he hadn’t noticed the new guest at their camp.

“Just who is this, Master Hand?”

“I’m Snake. Now what’s going on? Why is everyone gathered here? Has Tabuu returned? Subspace has, I noticed. That’s why I came here to find you.”

“Yes, Tabuu is back, and more powerful than ever. But he’s the least of our worries. A new foe, Nefirus, has appeared. We don’t know where he’s from or what he wants. Though Marth tells me he’s working with Xemnas, Sora’s archenemy. Some unsettling news indeed.”

At the sound of his name, Sora came over. “Yeah, but he fell down with Samus’s ship. Even if he did survive the fall, he’d be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no one to help him.”

“Yes…” Master Hand was not so sure. He was more than aware of Xemnas’s ability to survive.

~The Smash Dome, in the Prison~

Kairi and Riku were held up on Subspace made chains in a prison cell. The smell was rancid and cobwebs were spun on every nook and cranny of the ceiling. The grey stone made walls of the cell made Kairi and Riku even more depressed. Ridley had left some time ago, warning them not to try anything funny.

“Kairi, we can’t wait for Sora to help us. We have to get out of here!”

“It would be too dangerous! We have to be patient.”

“No one will save us, Kairi. We have to save ourselves!”

Kairi replied, "Sora will save us!" A black and purple portal was appearing in front of them.
Master Xehenort appeared from the portal.

Master Xehenort released them from the chains with his keyblade. "Who are you?" Riku asked.
"I am Tidus, The King of Kingdom Hearts. Sora asked me if I can help." he replied, lying to Riku and Kairi.

"Thanks alot Tidus" Kairi said.

"I couldn't kill Sora, so I will kill his friends instead," he thought. The portal took them to the temple where Ratchet first landed in SmashWorld. Kairi and Riku looked around. With their backs turned he could wipe Riku out first. Riku was the strongest out of the two.
He swung the keyblade at Riku's head; he was knocked out. And before Kairi even realized that much, Xehenort blasted a blue flame at Riku's heart and Riku lay there, heartbeat stopped cold.

"NO!" Kairi shouted. She hit Xehenort in the face with her flowery pink keyblade and picked up Riku and dragged him along.

"Riku wake up! Wake up Riku, WAKE UP!" Her tears fell on Riku's pale face.

After much walking, Kairi had arrived at the camp, with Riku’s dead body. Kairi felt his pulse, no heartbeat. The tears flowed from her cheeks onto Riku's shoulder. Sora saw Kairi and rushed to her side, but then saw Riku's body. Sora wanted to stay strong, and he didn't want to make the situation worse. But he couldn't stop his temper. He banged his fist onto the grass. “Who killed him?” he whispered, his body shaking. Kairi didn't answer. She was too upset to say anything. “Was he a keyblader?” Sora asked .
Kairi nodded. “Xehenort!”

Marth saw what was going on with Kairi and Sora and ran over, but stopped. He didn't want to intrude. He turned to Master Hand, but he still wasn't sure which team he wanted to join, Relic or Keyblade. "Can I think about this for a bit?"

-MEANWHILE-

Nefirus saw the heroes, but as he tried to enter the clearing, he was blocked by an invisible wall."THIS IS MASTER HANDS' DOING... I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!" Nefirus began to bang against the force field. To the heroes' horror, it began to crack over. Nefirus was just too powerful! They had to leave before he broke through. Marth saw Nefirus smashing the force field and turned to the others.
"It’s Nefirus! We need to leave now!"

Sora turned away from Riku and looked at Marth. "Marth, I want you to come with the keyhole group, I need your help and advice; you're a great friend to me."
Sora looked back at Riku, and couldn’t stop staring at his dead friend. "Kairi could you come here for a second?" She walked towards Sora's sleeping bag.

"Kairi....uh......Riku was a great friend and....he would want us to stop being upset about him. We've got each other and....I'm just glad you're here with me....now....Riku would want us to keep positive…"
Kairi hugged Sora. She wanted to kiss him but his face was covered in dry blood.

"Thanks Sora, we must be positive and....." Sora suddenly saw the burning trees.

"Kairi it's Nefirus, run now!" Sora exclaimed.

"No I'll pick you up!"
She picked Sora up carefully but swiftly by the arm. She dragged him along the floor and placed Sora next to the ship.

Kairi saw Riku lying on the rotten grey grass. She ran to Riku's body. "Kairi, don't! Stay away from Nefirus!" Yelled Sora. Sora wished he could face Nefirus and get revenge for Riku but he couldn't, he was too injured.

Xehenort suddenly appeared in front of Kairi. "NO! Kairi" Sora didn't care about the pain that was running through his body. He ran towards Xehenort and slashed him. "Keep off of her!" A gold light glowed from the cut that was made from the Priless. He was angry.

"You will not hurt Kairi!" Sora turned into a shining gold suit and his eyes turned gold. Five keyblades flew around Sora's head and the keyblades slammed down onto Xehenort. Xehenort fell onto the ground and groaned. Another slam of the five keyblades went down onto Xehenort and he suddenly stopped groaning.

"This is for Riku!" Sora shouted. Five shots of Blizzard hit Xehenort. And Xehenort turned into ice.
The keyblades once again slammed onto Xehenort and the ice turned into 5 pieces of ice like an ice sculpture being crushed onto the ground. The shining gold suit turned back into Sora's original clothes and the 4 extra keyblades vanished into blue light.

Kairi had a look on her face that looked astonished but proud. But her face became a blur and the smile on her face turned into a scared expression. Sora fell to the ground because of the amount of pain on his body and the amount of power he unleashed onto the unexpecting Xehenort.

"Sora!" Kairi screamed. She checked his pulse, it was normal.
Kairi had a sigh of relief. "Come on, get in the ship!" she shouted.

Master Hand turned to everyone else. "Though Nefirus cannot get through the barrier I have set up, it would be unwise to remain here. We all must get in Ratchet's ship so we can escape to a safer place," he announced.

Master Hand turned to Kairi, while observing Nefirus's attempts to get in through the force field he had created. "If Nefirus is out there," he began, "then there is little hope he is alive right now," he finished sadly. Then he turned to Ratchet. "Do you have anything that can get us out of here quickly?" He asked.

Ratchet nodded. "I'll go get it," he said. He walked over to his ship and took out a chunk of machinery.

Clank was unpleasantly surprised. "Oh no!" He exclaimed. "Not the Gravimetric Warp Drive?" He asked.

Ratchet kept installing it in the ship.

"The untested Gravimetric Warp Drive?"

Ratchet merely nodded his head.

"The one you built from Blargian scrap metal?"

"You coming?" Ratchet asked.

Clank shook his head, looking futile. "We are doomed," he said grimly.

Ratchet turned to Master Hand. "Tell everyone to get in my ship. I'll get us far away," he said through gritted teeth.

Rya Hayabusa, the ninja, watched it all happen from a near-by tree.looks like they're about to leave As clank distracted ratchet he jumped down, rolled behind the ship and climbed aboard, carefull not to alert anyone. Rya found a nice hiding spot behind some cargo and waited for someone to come along.

Snake saw the ninja sneaking around, from his blackhawk(helicopter). Hayabusa moved so fast he was simply a black blur, Snake barely saw him.

Snake spent most of the morning cleaning his weapons alone, just how he liked it, as if no one knew he was there. He observed soras friend draging a dead body, and the group grieving over there loss. ha, he shouldn't get so attached Master Hand was right i didn't like that kid, he never even said thanks for me saving his butt

“Oh well, time to go introduce myself,” he thought. Snake walked over to Ratchet’s ship and moved into the same opening Rya had used. He slowly crept down the corridor, and then Rya jumped out from behind a box, dagger drawn. Snake side steped behind the assailent and gave him a chop in the back. Rya stumbled but turned just in time to avoid a kick from the foxhound agent. Rya lunged with his dagger but Snake grabed his arm and threw Rya on the ground.

Snake drew his knife and pressed it on Rya's neck drawing blood, "Who are you?" he wispered.

“I am Rya Hayabusa. I have looked far and wide for a fighter who could match my skills, finally I have found him.”

"Ha, I am far better then you," Snake snickered. Rya rolled over locking Snake in an armbar, "you are far too overconfident, I have stalked this group of yours since the attack begian, and believe you need my help. I am on your side," Rya said.

"Well then get off of me!" Snake yelled as he kicked Rya in the face. The two combatents tumbled out of the ship and shoke hands.

Once out side Snake and Rya approched Ratchet and asked: "Whats the plan?"

Meanwhile King Dedede approched Nefirus; "Need any help?" he slammed his large hammer against the forcefield opening a small gap. Dedede called for 50 waddle dees commanded by 5 waddle doos. "Attack them!"

"Yes sir!" the doos and dees leaped through the hole spears at the ready.
The Dream Land King turned to Nefirus.
"Pretty impressive right?"

“SILENCE, YOU FOOL IN CASE YOU HADN'T NOTICED, I WAS DOING FINE WITHOUT YOU! I COULD HAVE FINISHED THE FORCEFIELD OFF WITH A SCRATCH, BUT YOU DECIDED TO GET IN MY WAY! NOW MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL AND KILL THEM!”

"Thanks, I need help...." Sora's vision was starting to fade away. He saw a faded version of Xehenort and the man that was saving him. "Thanky..." Sora shut his eyes and found it hard to breath.
There was a wound on his heart; it was an ice blue cut.

Kairi once again dragged along Sora across the rotten grass. She placed him in a seat of the ship.
"Snake, I just want to say thanks for rescuing me, and I owe you a favour, thank you for saving my life. The reason why I haven't thanked you before is because of the shock of Riku's death. I am really sorry.” Sora held out his bruised and scared hand towards Snake. Kairi ran towards Riku's body.

"Sure kid no problem, I am sorry for your loss, but there are casulities in all wars. I have decided to go with you to find the keyholes you need me. This is Rya," Snake said pointing to the figure croached beside him. "He will come too."

"Oh no, king Dedede has breached the wall!" shouted Rya. "Sora you must get yourself together, your friend’s dead. We must get out of here!"

Rya ran at the kings henchmen, while Snake got in the Blackhawk."Get in Sora, time to go." Rya reached the army first; he sliced a waddle dee in half and hit another with a ninja star. Rya pulled out his bow and shot two more before impaling a waddle dee on his sword. One waddle doo shot a bolt of lightning at him, but Rya rolled dodged it and threw a dagger in the eye of his attacker. Then Snake arrived in the attack helicopter, he fired 4 hellfire missiles at the attackers before opening up with his machine guns, tearing into the waddles. The waddle doos ordered a retreat and rya cut down any remaining hentchmen. The force field was almost down, Rya jumped aboard the helicopter and shouted to Ratchet, "Whatwere you planing to do? You’re out of time."

"We've all gotta go, go to Destiny Islands; the keyhole team needs the gummi ship! It's back there!" Kairi was fighting alongside Snake and Ryu. She used water on a Waddle Dee and then she froze it to an icicle.

Kairi heard Sora shout from the ship: "Come on let's go!"

It was time to escape. She looked at the corpse of Riku. "Goodbye, Riku" she murmured and then she casted Fire on Riku's body making a sendoff to him. She turned her back against Riku and ran towards the ship. A tiny tear fell onto the dead grass.

Nobody heard Sora and Kairi. They were still fighting "Let's go, we need to leave, Nefirus is about to break the barrier, Ratchet, get the ship ready!" Kairi shouted.

"Grab Samus and Marth! We're not leaving them behind!" Ratchet called. He hopped in the ship, with Clank following reluctantly. He had his doubts about the Gravimetric Warp Drive.

"Ready?" Ratchet asked to no one in particular once everyone was inside the ship. "3... 2.. 1... GO!!" The ship's fire flared bright green, and it flew away so fast it was gone in a fraction of a second. Ratchet turned the Gravimetric Warp Drive off. "Where are we now?"

"I believe we are above the forest," Clank said, his eyes wide open so he could scan the area. "That's about three hundred miles away from the Isle of the Ancients, and, as Master Hand stated before, is the location of the Triforce."

Link perked up. "We're here?" He asked.

"Yes, I do believe we are," Clank answered.

Master Hand went in the back of the ship. He found a vagabond. "Is your name Rya?" He asked, sensing who this new character was. He was sitting next to Snake, and they weren't arguing, which gave Master Hand the right to infer that Rya was a benevolent addition to the team.

"Yes, I am Rya and thank you for the complement. Snake can be difficult to get along with... but I have tried to keep a level head."Ha, to bad he didn't see our little brawl earlier,” he thought.

"Yeah he's quite the peacekeeper", said Snake before busting out in laughter. "We must split up and find the gummi ship" announced Snake in a serious tone.

Dark Samus was aboard Ratchet's Ship, but no one noticed her. She was invisible to them, and since Samus was so tired, she hadn't bothered to check for her with her Dark Visor. Dark Samus took one look at the Gravimetric Warpdrive, and couldn't stop herself from taking it from the ship. Revealing herself, she began to drain its energy.

Link got out of the ship and observed the area. There was nothing all that horrific, it was just a regular forest. He smiled as he saw the pedestal from which he had drawn the Master Sword from a year ago. He walked around for a while. The air was fresher and brisker in the forest than it was in the Isle of the Ancients. After that, he realized it was really boring there, so he waited for his team mates to emerge from the ship.

Snake walked out of Ratchet’s ship a bit dazzed from the extremly high speeds. "Great another forest," he moaned.

Rya approched Master Hand, "Whats the plan, we still need to get our groups together. Are Samus and Marth fit to fight or do we need to get started with out them. Whats the deal with black knight he hasn't said a word this whole time I don't trust him."

~The Island of the Ancients, the Forsest Haven~

"Ah, they got away. I want in on this Nefirus. Master Hand is too strong for you, what are your plans?" King Dedede asked in an assertive, yet, respectful tone. "I can help you become complete, but I need a weapon, a weapon powerful enough to rule all of the Smash Dome, under your command, of course. So what do you say?" asked King Dedede offering a mitten clad hand.

Once the Black Knight was a good distance away from the others, he pulled out the Fire Emblem, which was wrapped in cloth so it didn't affect him. "Perhaps this is a Dark Relic? Could Dark Relics exist?” He put it away again and went up to Master Hand. "So what exactly are the keyholes? Are they where the relics must be placed to activate them? Or are they like the relics of Subspace, which would have the reverse effect of the relics of the Smash World?"

"Palutena said that there were 5 keyholes to open a door to Subspace and give us a way in. They are in 5 different locations. Destiny Islands, Norfair, Bridge of Eldin, the Subspace Bomb Factory and one in the Starship Pheonix, Ratchet's HQ. The only exact location I have in one of the worlds is in Destiny Islands, in the cave next to the waterfall."

“Now... which group would you like to be in? Relic or Keyhole?" Master Hand turned to Marth and Samus as well. "What of you? What groups shall you join?"

Sora hoped Marth and Samus were on his team. They were his best friends in this team other than Kairi. And he got crucial advice from Marth on how to handle situations. He looked towards Kairi and stared at her bright blue eyes.

"Kairi can you use that Water spell on my face?" he asked. Kairi nodded and the blood washed away. Sora smiled which was becoming rarer to see now, beacuse of Riku being dead. He tried to forgetabout it, and looked at Kairi again.

"Um...Kairi"

"Hmmm?"

"I just wanted to say...." He wanted to kiss her and Kairi had the same idea in her mind, and suddenly she moved towards Sora's face and kissed him on the lips.

"I love you Sora" she whispered in Sora's ear. Kairi and Sora looked at each others eyes. Sora couldn't say anything because his heart was beating too fast.

Nefirus took King Dedede's Hand with his own. King DeDeDe didn't realize it, but Nefirus took a little of his power when he did so. "VERY WELL, I BELIEVE YOUR HELP COULD BE USEFUL. YOU ASKED FOR A WEAPON?"

Nefirus opened his hand and a sphere of Subspace energy appeared. It began to form into a black mallet, almost twice the size of DeDeDe's old one. It pulsated with an aura similar to Nefiruses' own, but quite a bit weaker.

"TAKE THIS. IT HAS THE ABILITY TO CALL PRIMIDS AND HEARTLESS TO YOU, AS WELL AS TENDONS OF SUBSPACE ENERGY TO SNAKE OUT AND ATTACK YOUR FOES."
Nefirus pointed towards the east.

"FAR IN THAT DIRECTION, THERE IS A PLACE CALLED DESTINY ISLANDS. THE HEROES ARE LOOKING FOR A KEYHOLE THERE, STOP THEM FROM SEALING IT. GOOD LUCK."

As Nefirus began to return to Subspace, he sent a telepathic message to Black Knight. "BLACK KNIGHT, REPORT!!! YOU HAVE TAKEN FAR TOO LONG ON YOUR MISSION TO RETRIEVE SAMUSES' ARM CANNON! WHAT IS THE HOLD UP?"

~Somewhere on the Island of the Ancients~

"I guess I'll go in search of the keyholes, since I don't know a thing about the Relics," said Samus.

"I will look for the Relics," said the Black Knight. "Master," thought the Black Knight. "Tabuu is in possession of the power cannon. I may need more help than the primids you gave me. Also, I'll have you know that Master Hand and company are looking for relics that have great power. They will greatly increase the heroe’s power. They are also looking for keyholes, which are ways into Subspace."
The Black Knight needed to get out of this situation. "If Nefirus shows up and he thinks I've allied myself with these people..."

Sora whispered into Kairi's ear: "I don't trust the Black Knight, I had a nightmare of him holding my keyblade. And I was lying next to him...dead" Kairi and Sora looked at Black Knight.

"You must be tired Sora, go to sleep." Sora agreed. He closed his eyes and tried to go to sleep. Kairi stroked his brown spiky hair and Sora went to sleep.

Sora found himself at Radiant Gardens, and memory Sora was in the middle of 1000 heartless. He started fighting them. The Kingdom Key slashed heartless after heartless after heartless. There were 100 heartless left and he was getting tired. Suddenly he saw a black figure creep behind the memory Sora. He swung his large blade towards Sora.

The Sora that was watching the scene screamed "NOOO!!!!!.....Sora woke up.....GYAH!"

"Sora what's up?" Kairi asked.

"Another nightmare about Black Knight" Sora whispered

Sora was shaken up. The thought of death was looming around his head. Kairi held his hand for comfort.

Marth turned to Master Hand. "I'll go in search of the Keyholes, I'll help my friends Samus and Sora. Here's something so the two teams can keep in touch." Marth reached into his pocket and fished out 2 blue pendants with gold chains. He handed one to Master Hand and put the other around his neck.

"These are Journey Pendants. If you want to talk to me or anyone else on the Keyhole team, just rub the pendant and you'll appear in ours. It works a bit like a two-way radio. Good luck."

Dedede grabbed and the black hammer and felt the Subspace course through his vains, "Thank you master, I will not let you down." Dedede's coat and hat turned black and became covered in Subspace matter, King Dedede jumped on his warp star and took off towards Destiny Island.

~Somewhere on the Island of the Ancients~

The Keyhole team entered the Gummi Ship, and took off, heading for Destiny Islands. After a few hours of sitting around, things were getting pretty dull.

Marth realized that he hadn't introduced himself to Kairi. She hung around Sora so often; it never seemed like the right time. But he decided to do it anyways, even if it meant the possibility of interrupting a conversation. “You must be Kairi... Sora's told me about you. My name's Marth, it's nice to meet you.”

"Hi" Kairi shook hands with Marth. The ship suddenly landed on Destiny Islands. It had been a few hours, but Sora wasn't fully healed. Sora got up from his seat.

~Destiny Island~

"I'll check if it's safe" Sora announced.

"No, you're still hurt!" Kairi exclaimed. Kairi jumped towards Sora. "Please do this for me. Just sit down, okay?" Kairi said. She kissed him on the cheek.

Sora nodded. "OK" Kairi was the first one to go out and check. She looked around. The palm trees swayed lightly against the wind, reflections of the moon shone on the water and other than the wind whistling, it was silent.

"It's okay, you can come out"

Suddenly a Darkside Heartless about the same size as Ridley blocked Kairi's way. She got her pink flowery keyblade out and was ready to fight alongside her friends.

Kairi jumped to the Darkside's Medusa like head and slashed the head with her keyblade. It backed off. Black fog appeared on the ground and hordes of Heartless appeared from the ground. They started to attack Kairi. She blocked the attacks from the claws of the heartless. The bright yellow eyes of the heartless lit up the black fog. The Darkside attacked Kairi and left a black mark on her fore-arm. She screamed in pain. Sora heard her cry out.

Marth turned to Sora. "Something's happening to Kairi, come on!" Marth ran outside and found himself face-to-face with Darkside. It lowered its hands to the ground to create more of the black fog, but Marth leaped up and hacked at its hands. The Darkside retreated in pain, but Marth leapt up, ran up his arm, and delivered a blow to its head that was so powerful Darkside staggered.

This might not be so hard, thought Marth slightly optimistically. But then he saw something that made him far more worried: A SECOND Darkside was growing from the ground to join the first! Except this one was different; it was purple instead of black and had the Subspace symbol on its chest instead of a keyhole. A Darkside Heartless and a Darkside PRIMID? This will be tough.

Samus had regained some of her strength back, and managed to walk out of the ship, and shoot at the Darksides. While they were distracted, Marth went behind them, ran up the Heartless’s back, slashing it on his way up, followed by a blow to the head, and ended with him back hand-springing off of it. It didn’t take long for Kairi and Sora to defeat the Darkside Primid.

Unfortunately, the attack wore Samus out, and she her remaining energy to walk the short distance back to the ship. But before she could make it inside, her eyes rolled in the back of her head, and she fell down on the ground.

~Subspace~

"How is he so powerful?" Thought Tabbu as he watched the creatures being summoned. Tabbu was still pretty injured from wasting so much energy in his short fight against Nefirus a few weeks ago. "I WON'T LET HIM TAKE OVER SUBSPACE!" He screamed "GANONDORF, COME HERE." A portal opened up behind Tabbu and Ganondorf came out of it.

"You called?" Asked Ganondorf.

"As much as it pains me to say this, it would seem as if the only way to stop Nefirus would be to team up with Master Hand and his allies. Ganondorf, I want you to keep an eye on Master hand and all of his accomplices. If you notice any of them are in trouble, and if you feel it neccessary, go help them. Do not let a single one of them die. We will need every last one of them to win this. And then, once Nefirus and his forces are out of the way... We will turn on them. We will finish what Nefirus has failed to do, and I will meet my goal of ruling both subspace and the Smash World. Now go, Ganondorf, do as I have ordered!"

"Understood." At that, Ganondorf opened another portal and dissappered.

~Destiny Islands~

Sora and Kairi ran towards the Priless and slashed the arms. The arms vanished into purple smoke and the Priless fell to the ground like a stone statue. Suddenly 1000 heartless and Priless surrounded the ship and their opponents. Sora casted Firaga on the surrounding heartless causing 50 heartless to be lifted in the air. Kairi casted Blizzard at them and it caused them to turn to black smoke.

Sora and Kairi were working together, Sora casting Fire and Thunder, causing the Heartless to go up in the air, and Kairi using Blizzard to finish them off.

King Dedede overlooked the battle. “They are stronger than I thought.” The king from Dream Land summoned a battalion of waddles and told them to surround the 4 fighters. These waddles weren't like the old ones. They were enhanced by the Subspace energy. They all had a dark tint to them. They were bigger, faster and stronger. King Dedede stealthly crept aboard the ship, at least, the best he could at his five-hundred pound frame. He moved towards the knocked out Samus, and carried her to his warp star. Jumping on he headed to Nefirus' lair.

-Meanwhile-
Sora was suffering the scars from Xehenort were still giving him intense pain.
He fell to the golden brown sand and laid there next to Kairi surrounded by hundreds of heartless.
"Snake, Samus, Marth, somebody help!"

Kairi kept looking for help but nothing happened. She was fighting off the heartless."LEAVE US ALONE!" As she shouted, a dark pink light shone from Kairi's keyblade and suddenly Kairi's clothes turned into a beautiful pink dress with a rose petal crown on top of her head. She only had one keyblade in her right hand but her energy increased tremendously.

She slotted the 300 heartless that surrounded them and looked at Sora. She picked him up and flew with him by arm and took him to Ratchet's ship and seated him in a steel silver seat and sealed the door with her keyblade.

She said "Only my keyblade can open this door" She swiftly went back to the matter of defeating the heartless and sealing the keyhole.

Marth was slashing his way through waves of Heartless when he saw Dedede escaping with Samus.
"SAMUS! Sora, Kairi, hold them off, I'm going after Samus!" Marth jumped in the ship and stared at the rows of buttons and switches. How on earth was he going to figure out how to drive this thing? He took a random guess and pushed down a switch. The ship shot off into the sky at an amazing speed.
"Ah!” He quickly caught up to Dedede, but was wrestling with the controls.

"How does this thing turn?!" Marth flipped several switches, but still nothing. Slamming down on a blue button activated a beam that blasted King Dedede's Warp Star to smithereens.

"Samus, hold on, I'm coming!"

OK cool chapter. You did miss a few things and Kairi was at two places at the same time, in one point.

OOC: Finishing up the chapter...

----------------------

King Dedede created 10 waddle doos and 5 waddle dees on top of the ship. He then created 5 primids, reached out, and touched one creating a clone of himself. "Attack, my minons!" 5 waddle doos charged with spears drawn, while the 5 others threw their projectiles.

~The Island of the Ancients, the Temple of Time~

The Black Knight walked forward with Master Hand, Link, Snake, and Ryu. They had arrived at the Temple where the Triforce was housed. Two stone golems stood in front of them, blocking the door. "It appears they will only let in the Hero of Time." “This will work just perfectly,” thought the Black Knight. “If only Master Hand would leave.”

~Destiny Island~

Kairi went back to her normal clothes, breathing heavily and exhausted.

"Looks like this is where I come in," Thought Ganondorf. Seeing as how Samus was falling through the sky and there was nothing that Marth could do to save her in time.

Ganondorf closed his eyes and concentrated. This is the first time he tried to open a portal to such a far away place.

-Meanwhile-

As Samus was falling it became clear than no one could save her in time. They'd be dead in a few seconds. Just then, however, a Subspace portal appererd below them, still high up in the sky. They fell in it and it instantly closed. Than it reopend a few feet above the ground and they both gently fell out of it.

Kairi, seeing that Samus didn’t need her help anymore, finished off the last of the heartless.
A great blue piece of ice hit the 10 heartless and there were no more.
Suddenly a dark clothed man with a bright orange beard appeared from a portal.

Marth watched, astonished, as the Subspace portal dropped Samus to the ground.
The only people who control Subspace are Nefirus and Tabuu, why would either of them help us?
Marth jerkily landed the ship and ran over to Samus. "Wake up, Samus!" Marth shook her gently.

Kairi went towards Samus."You OK?"

"Of course I'm fine! No penguin is going to get away from the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter! I'll find him. And I'll kill him."

Marth couldn't help but laugh. "He's gone now, he fell into the ocean as far as I know." Marth helped Samus up. "Come on, let's go see if Sora and Kairi have found the Keyhole."

~Subspace, the Smash Dome~

Nefirus watched the events taking place through a portal in subspace. He didn't even need to think to realize what Tabuu was up to. He sent him a telepathic message.
"HELLO, TABUU. IT IS NEFIRUS, THE TRUE MASTER OF SUBSPACE. DON'T THINK YOU CAN FOOL ME; I KNOW GANONDORF SAVED THOSE TWO. IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE ANYWAY, I'LL ABSORB YOU SOON ENOUGH. YOU'RE SUCH A COWARD; YOU DON'T EVEN SHOW YOURSELF IN FEAR OF ME."

~Destiny Island~

Ratchet looked up. The whole scene seemed very hectic and ridiculous to him, but it was an attack. Whether the attack was planned out or not, though, was what Ratchet was wondering.

He saw with am mix of horror and anger that his ship was taking off without his consent. He did notice, however, that Marth was not there, which gave him momentary relief, knowing that it was his ally piloting the ship, not an enemy.

His relief changed to horror again when he realized that Marth, originating from a medieval world, had no idea how to pilot something with that type of technology.

Master Hand was on it before Ratchet said anything. He hovered up to the ship, and made a motion to Marth telling him to lay off the controls. Using telekinesis, he took control of the ship, and fired several time bombs at the hoards of Priless and Heartless. They exploded, causing severe thinning out of the crowds.

Back on the ground, Ratchet charged at the herd of his foes and blasted them with his Lancer gun.

Meanwhile, Master Hand let go of control of the ship, hoping Marth could manage it himself, because he was too tired. Telekinesis took energy. Taking no time to pause, he sent a telepathic message to the ROBS. We need you! Master Hand called to the Ancient Minister. Warp about 20 squadrons of ROBs here as fast as possible! We need backup!

In about half a minute, something like 100 ROBs materialized onto the battlefield.

"Attack the Heartless, Priless, Waddle Dees, and Waddle Doos," Master Hand commanded.

Obediently, the Robs went over and fought their enemies. Though they were stronger, but the ROBs were also severely outnumbered. And as such, they were losing. There were still countless Primids left, but only twenty or so ROBs. The fight seemed hopeless. They would have to run. But with Kairi still off sealing the Keyhole, they couldn’t leave just yet.

"I know where the keyhole is!" shouted Kairi.
She walked towards the waterfall and looked at the cave next to it.
"It's in here."

"Then seal it, for crying out loud!" Ratchet yelled to Kairi. "I'll hold off the enemies!" He parried blow after blow with his wrench, then fired a shot from the Bouncer, hoping to thin out the crowd even further. It took energy, to fire that gun, and Ratchet fell down by firing it. Tired, he got back up, but the grunts of the enemy forces had backed off. They knew the destructive power of the Bouncer.

Marth watched, fearful, as the last ROB fell. The Primids were coming for the heroes now; it was a battle they couldn’t win. The prince was surrounded on all sides, but he kept fighting. No matter how many he defeated, however, more always came to replace them. It wasn’t too long before Marth suffered a few blows. Just as the crowd was swallowing him, the Primids were destroyed. Marth looked up, to see the Shadow Bug had been replaced by Link. The Hylian helped Marth up, and they fought on. The Black Knight, and the rest of the Relic group was there as well, and they managed to kill off the last of the Primids.

“What are you guys doing here?” asked Marth.

“Well,” said Link, “Master Hand felt that you guys were in danger, and he transported us here.”

“There are no longer any groups,” the Black Knight said. “We’ll be cutting it close, but we should manage to gather the Relics and seal the Keyholes in time.”

Kairi ran in the cave that had so many memories for her. She saw the keyhole above the picture of Sora and Kairi eating the papou fruit. Purple smoke was flowing through it. She aimed the keyblade at the keyhole. Blue light streamed across the distance between the top of the keyblade and the keyhole and a sound like a locking noise was heard. As the keyhole was sealed a green gas engulfed Kairi's face. She was choking.

END OF CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR: DEATH OF CREATION-- Sneak Preview!

With Kairi hostage, The heroes are forced to make a deal with Nefirus to get her back! But his demands will rob the team of it's most important member-- Master Hand! Time ticks away as the heroes speed towards the first Relic. Next stop-- The Triforce!

Sora looked at King DeDeDe sorrowfully. "I'm sorry Master Hand, I can't kill him, and I know he's evil, but...."

"Fine, I’ll do it!" Snake forced king DeDeDe to his knees and shot him square in the head.
"Rest in peace!”
Snake then pulled out the swords gave them to their rightful owners, picked up Rya and boarded the ship.

"Master Hand, you said you wanted me to go to the gummi ship?" Sora asked, looking at the bright yellow and orange colors of the ship

Sora entered the Gummi Ship along with Master Hand.
"Where do you want me to go?"

Nefirus looked at Master Hand through the portal. "YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT... I NEED YOUR ENERGY TO BECOME COMPLETE."

Last edited:
OOC: I added some cool dialogue to the fight between Marth and Ridley. I think it makes it a lot more dramatic, go check it out! :D

NOTE: This is not dead!
Just letting everyone know that Chapter 4 IS COMING!!! I've been swamped with AP work, hopefully over February Break I'll get both Chaps. 4 and 5 cranked out. Sorry once again, and hoping you look forward to the next chapter!

I know, I know. I'm getting chapter 4 started tonight (fingers crossed).
Hold on just a little longer, guys!

OOC: This took far, FAR too long. THis isn't even a big chunk of chapter, but it's something. Sorry, guys. Just know that I won't give up. THis thing will get finished even if I have to write up the whole thing from scratch.

Anyway...

GAME LOADING...
Chapter Four: Death of Creation​

~Destiny Island~

"Help!" Kairi screamed. Sora woke up. He heard her. He rushed towards the waterfall and entered the cave. He heard screams of pain. He saw Kairi crouched on the floor and he suddenly heard the same high-pitched noise he heard before. "Leave me alone!!" Sora held her hand and tried to heal her.

"I need help!"

"Kairi stay calm, you'll be okay!"

"No!" She was gradually becoming intangible. Kairi looked upto Sora. "Sora, save me… okay?" She kissed him gently on the lips. He held her light red hair and stroked it, and in mere moments, she vanished. Sora was crying and crouched down on the ground.

Sora shouted at the top of his voice: "NO!" He looked at the keyhole at great disgust "There… there was something wrong with that keyhole…" Streams of tears were falling upon his cheeks. He sat by the drawing of Kairi and Sora sharing a papou fruit together. His shirt was getting wet because of the crying. He reached his hand out towards Kairi's drawing of Sora. "Why does everyone…have to die?”

He couldn't get himself together and his life was falling apart. His two best friends were dead…
"There still might be hope" He walked outside the cave and saw hordes of heartless coming from the sea and filling Destiny Islands with darkness. He saw Ratchet still by the entrance of the cave but with Marth standing next to him.

"I.... Kairi… she's gone."

King Dedede fell through the air towards the water. He quickly begian sucking in air to make himself lighter. As he reached the water Dedede was almost at a stop. He splashed in and swam to the shore, opening a portal to talk to Nefirus. "I have failed you, master. I grabbed Samus and tried to bring you her arm cannon, but I was followed and outnumbered. They are all together at Destiny Island. We must strike now!" With that, King Dedede created a warp star out of subspace and flew towards the cave.

Snake charged at group of primids, he drew his ak 47 and blasted two in the head. One primid lunged at snake with a light sword, but snake dodged and whacked it across the face with the butt of his gun. Snake took out a knife in one hand and his pistol in the other. A group of heartless came charging at him.ha kingdom heart panzes He shot one in the face and stabbed another in the shoulder, Snake spun and pistol wipped a heartless, and kicked another out of the way. "There's too many," snake yelled. Just then Rya ran in and cut two enemies in half. Rya sliced the legs off of another, and rammed a sword through a primids throat, sending black shadow bugs all over the place. A group of 20 waddle dees enclosed the two fighters, "lock the keyhole," Rya screamed

Nefirus turned to Bowser. “WHAT IS IT, BOWSER?”
“I killed Mario, like you asked. May I be second-in-command, now?”

"VERY WELL, YOU MAY BE MY SECOND-IN-COMMAND. GO AND FIND GANONDORF, ONCE HE IS DEFEATED, TABUU WILL BE FORCED OUT INTO THE OPEN. THERE'S NO HURRY THOUGH... I FINALLY GAINED ENOUGH POWER FROM KING DEDEDE TO ASCEND TO A MORE POWERFUL FORM ONCE AGAIN."

Nefirus closed his eyes and was suddenly consumed by waves of darkness that shrouded him like a cocoon. When the darkness cleared, Nefirus had gained far more ornate armor and large wings similar to Tabuu's old Off Wings. His eyes now glowed a more powerful shade of red and he had a long trail of darkness sprouting from his head that looked a bit like a ponytail.

"DO NOT FAIL ME, BOWSER."

-Meanwhile-

Marth was walking toward the waterfall where the keyhole was with Samus when he heard Sora's shouts. He ran through the waterfall and found Sora crying. Kairi was nowhere to be found.
"Sora, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"She's...She's..."
Sora couldn't say that awful word. He said it too much recently.
Sora's face was red because of the crying.
Marth didn't need for Sora to finish the sentence. He understood what had happened. He put his hand on Sora's shoulder. "Sora... I'm so, so sorry..."

Sora suddenly saw King Dedede on the shore and leapt to his feet. His face was still red and strained, but now he looked furious.
"ARRGH!!! COME ON!!!"
Sora charged into the army of Primids and Heartless. Marth nodded. He understood that Sora needed a way to let his feelings out, even if he didn't admit it to himself. He turned and cut his way through rows and rows of Heartless and Primids. Though Marth cut down many, more just seemed to take their place. He didn't know how long he could last like this.
"You okay Marth, you don't look too good!"
Sora changed into his Valor Form and ran twice as fast.
The heartless that were in the way of King Dedede fell by the keyblade.
-Meanwhile-

"LET ME GO!" Kairi shouted towards Nefirus. She was trying to free herself but it was no use, the Subspace energy on the chains made it impossible to escape.
Kairi looked at the pedestal that showed what was happening in Destiny Islands. "Oh Sora!" she thought. "Why do you want me anyway, Nefirus?"
Nefirus laughed. "FOOLISH GIRL. DID YOU NOT THINK I HAD MADE PRECAUTIONS IN CASE SOMEONE TRIED TO SEAL THE FIVE KEYHOLES? I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR KISS WITH SORA, BECAUSE THAT WILL BE THE LAST YOU EVER SEE OF HIM. HE'S PROBABLY DEAD RIGHT NOW, ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHERS. THEY CAN'T HANDLE ALL THE HEARTLESS AND PRIMIDS I SENT TO KILL THEM."
"They'll find a way Nefirus, good always does, and Nefirus you and your goons will fall and lose this battle!”
"PERHAPS SO, BUT THAT IS JUST THE REASON I BROUGHT YOU HERE, LITTLE GIRL. YOU FOOLISH HEROES ALL HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON: THE WILLINGNESS TO SACRIFICE YOURSELVES SO YOU CAN SAVE SOMEONE. YOU REMIND ME OF LEMMINGS, SO EAGER TO JUMP TO YOUR DOOM."
Nefiruses' laughter echoed throughout Subspace.
Kairi gasped. "No I will refuse, I'll sacrafice myself if I need to." She stared at Nefirus' evil red eyes and a shiver went down her spine.

~Destiny Islands~

Rya said to Snake: "Go get Dedede, I’ll take care of these guys!" Snake used opened a gap in the the waddle dees with his remaining ak ammo and ran through, it closed quicky and rya was surounded. Rya pulled out double samuri swords and turned into black smoke and flew through his enimies at a very fast pace. He slashed and hacked the waddle dees to bits until only one was left, it stabed with its spear and hit rya square in the chest, however it went right threw the smoke. Rya choped the waddle's head off in one blow and fell to the ground exasted, in the middle of a circle of bodies.

King Dedede called on 200 waddle dees to block the path of sora and his friends. Snake charged at dedede and fired two rockets at his large body. Dedede took control of the rockets with Subspace matter, and redirected them back at snake twice as fast. Snake shot one down with his colt and jammed anothers signal causing one to blow in the air. I need help he thought.

Sora saw Snake in peril."Reflect!" The missle reflected off Snake and went back towards Dedede. "There, now the favour has been returned!" he shouted out to Snake.

Sora refused to be stopped by the inferior Waddle Dees. He threw his halo handled keyblade that said "FOR MY FRIENDS!" on it and threw it towards the Waddle Dees. To Sora's disbelief, they all fell and left King Dedede open for an attack.

Dedede pulled out both of his hammers and slamed one on the ground sending a wall of subspace at Sora. “Lets see him reflect that!” King Ddede then charged at Snake and swung both hammers at him one high, one low. Snake ducked the first but was hit by the second hammer sending him to the ground. "Throw me your sword!” he yelled at Rya.

Sora was not in the mood to be beaten easily. He threw the kingdom key at the Subspace wall making it cut in two.

Marth leapt towards King DeDeDe and slashed at his mallet. To his surprise, it simply re-formed. It must be made of Subspace energy! thought Marth. He leapt behind DeDeDe to attack him from the rear.

-MEANWHILE-

Nefiruses' eyes glinted. "LIKE I SAID, GIRL, YOU ARE LIKE LEMMINGS. YOUR FIRST REACTION IS TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF SO THE OTHERS LIVE." Nefirus grabbed Kairi's hair and roughly forced her to look up at his face. "I'M SURE SORA WILL DO ANYTHING TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE ALRIGHT. AND SO WILL MASTER HAND. THEY WOULD BOTH SACRIFICE THEMSELVES TO SAVE YOU. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M COUNTING ON!"

"I WILL TELL THEM THAT I'M NOT IMPORTANT!, I AM NOT AFRAID!" Kairi shouted

~Destiny Islands~

Ratchet ran over to help his friends. There's so many of them! He though with dismay. He took out his Gravity Bomb, and launches it 8 times in different directions. Powerful force-fields resulted. However, he was dissatisfied, so he took out his Zodiac.

This might finish them all, Ratchet thought grimly. The Zodiac was the most powerful weapon in his arsenal. A click of the trigger, and the whole area becomes engulfed in a white light of extreme, incinerating energy. He had only used the Zodiac once before, and it had left him unconscious for hours, and when hew woke, he was sore all over. While it would never effect any team mates of the user of this powerful gun, pressing the trigger is a serious energy drainer.

Slowly, he pressed the trigger.

BOOM.

An explosion that sounded extremely powerful and dark rang throughout the Destiny Islands, but Ratchet was out cold on the ground, Zodiac next to him.

Link ran over. He had talked to Ratchet before about the Zodiac, and if it were used by the wrong hands, Nefirus for example, it could prove deadly. Nefirus might not even feel the drain of energy. Carefully, Link slid the gun into Ratchet's bottomless pocket.
Link sighed. The battle was not yet over. He took out his sword and walked over to King Dedede. "Take THIS!" He yelled, and he thrust the Master Sword into Dedede's head. Link, too, was exhausted, and he dropped to the ground, panting.

Master Hand telepathically called to the Ancient Minister again. We need a lot more ROBs! Send in 200 of them!

Moments later, a large number of ROBs teleported in. "What do we yes master?" One of them asked.

"Just fight the Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, Heartless, and Primids," Master Hand sighed. "I just don't have any more energy to fight with," he muttered to himself. He turned to Sora. "Wheres... Kairi?" He asked.

Rya used his remaining strength to toss snake his sword, snake ran at ddd with an uzi in one hand, a sword in the other, and a rocket lancher across his back. King dedede threw a hammer at snake, but snake ducked under it, sliding on his knees he cut king dedede's inner leg as he pasted under the kings legs. He then turned to his back and a burst from his uzi into the large penguins back. ddd stumbled, but quickly black shadow bug material rushed out of his hammer and covered the wounds stoping the bleeding.
He ran and slashed the keyblade at the heartless that were blocking his way.
5 ROBS were circling around Sora protecting him.

Dedede felt the cold sting of links sword as it entered his head, shadow bug quickly moved to the wound, but his mallet was getting smaller and smaller, he felt weak. gotta get out of here Snake lept to his feet and climbed up ddd's back he dug the sword deep into the kings shoulder blade. King dedede turn and yelled in pain. He swung his hammer at marth, and shot a beams of subspace at his other foes. He knocked snake off his back and slamed the hammer hard into snakes back.

Sora dodged the blast and slashed the keyblade at King Dedede.

"No!" Dedede yelled! The Keyblade shattered DeDeDe's leg with a resounding crash. He fell to the ground, clearing the area and sending dust into everyone's face.

Nefirus suddenly appeared, holding a struggling Kairi.
"KAIRI IS WITH ME! NOW DO AS I SAY, OR BID HER FAREWELL!"

"NO!!! NO ONE DIES TODAY BUT YOU!" Marth shouted as he dashed towards Nefirus. He didn't even get close before he was blasted away by an invisible Subspace force.
"No more killings will happen!" Sora shouted. He jumped up towards Nefirus and grabbed Kairi by the hand.

~Destiny Islnads~

King Dedede's blood trailed out as he flew. He used the last subspace energy he had left to heal the wound. Snake pulled out the rocket launcher and fired at the king. The rocket easily tracked down the exhausted king and blew him out of the sky. He fell to the ground and began to crawl away into the forest. How many hits can this penguin take? Snake followed his trail and walked up to Dedede. His body was tattered and torn. He had two swords stuck in him. rya's samuri sword, and the master sword of link. his back was covered with bullet holes, and his leg completely shatered. the black subspace had seald the wounds but it left large black scars. He was still bleeding internally. Snake radioed to master hand "Should I finish him?"

Kairi screamed "No Sora, run!" Nefirus watched Sora attempting to escape with Kairi.

"HOW FUTILE."
Nefirus extended his hand towards the two. It stretched and grew like rubber until it was big enough to grab a person. Nefirus grasped a struggling Kairi and brought her back to him.
"IF YOU WANT TO SEE KAIRI ALIVE, YOU WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW MY PLAN WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. UNTIL THEN, FAREWELL." Nefirus disappeared through the Subspace portal with Kairi.

OOC: I know this needs some serious editing work, which will be up shortly. Sorry this has been so sparse lately.

Last edited:
AS GLaDOS says, "I'm still alive".
This project is going to be on hold for a bit longer. I know it's been a huge break since the last update, but I'm making it official. Don't worry It'll be up in a week or two. Senior year has just been very busy for me (two essays due at the end of the week-- BIG ONES).

Is anyone still out there reading this? I'm not posting this for myself, you know. I'm posting the next part of the chapter now. If anyone wants more, TELL ME. I'm not working on this for an empty audience.

GAME LOADING...

"No, Kairi... "Nobody else will die! Nobody! You hear me Nefirus!?"
Sora was in pain emotionally and physically, the scars and the bruises from the heartless and Xehenort were burning. He turned towards the others.

"We have to protect each other in any means possible, we can't lose another soul, Kairi if you can hear me, I will save you" said Sora.

Kairi watched as Sora limped down the steps. "Nefirus, you will pay for this!"

Master Hand responded to Snake's message telepathically: Yes, definitely. There’s no reason to keep him alive. And, please try to take the swords out of his body and return them to their rightful owners. Those are powerful.

Snake tied king Ddede's hands behind his back and threw him in the back of a hummer. As Snake approched the battlefield he noticed the ground was littered with robot parts, pieces of Waddles, Heartless, and Primids. Ratchet and link and rya were unconsions and aang was dead. But the battle was won. "I’ve got a prisioner," shouted Snake offering King Dedede. "where to now," he asked.

"Hey, Sora you want him," seeing that sora had lost alot today.

Marth got up and walked over to Sora. "Sora...be strong. We know Kairi isn't dead, and for the time being, it looks like Nefirus wants to keep it that way. The best way to help Kairi and everyone else is to gather the relics and seal the keyholes.”

How many more will have to die? Sora? Kairi? Link? Ratchet? Master Hand? Even me? But one person made Marth more worried than even the thought of himself dying.
Samus?

“Kill him," Master Hand said simply. "There's no need for him to be alive. The battle is over. Let's get on Ratchet's ship." Master Hand grabbed Ratchet and Rya, then dragged them onto the ship. “Sora,” he called. “Get in the Gummi Ship. I have some unfinished business with Nefirus," he said. Heart beating, with a sick feeling in his palm (stomach), he approached Nefirus. "What- who- do you want in exchange for Kairi?" He asked, knowing that Kairi was essential for the sealing of the Keyholes, and that the mission couldn't be completed without her.

"Thank you Marth, I really appreciate it," Sora said. Sora looked at King Dedede sorrowfully. "I'm sorry Master Hand, I can't kill him, and I know he's evil but...."

"Fine I’ll do it" said snake he forced king dedede to his knees and shot him square in the head, "Rest in peace!” Snake then pulled out the swords gave them to their rightful owners, picked up rya and boarded the ship.

"Master Hand, you said you wanted me to go to the gummi ship?" Sora asked, looking at the bright yellow and orange colours of the ship

Sora entered the gummi ship along with Master Hand.
"Where do you want me to go?"

Nefirus looked at Master Hand through the portal. "YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT... I NEED YOUR ENERGY TO BECOME COMPLETE."

-MEANWHILE-
Marth stayed behind as the others boarded the ship and turned to Samus. "Samus, I-I haven't really talked to you since what happened on your ship. There are a lot of things I want to say to you, but I didn't feel ready to talk about them, I was too cowardly. But what happened on this island has been a true eye opener to me. Kairi is gone. Sora never even got a chance to say goodbye to her. I now fully understand that Nefirus is true, pure evil and won't hesitate to kill any of us. I wanted... I wanted to make sure I got this off my chest, because I don't know if either of us will even be alive a week from now. I couldn't bear it if you died and I hadn't said anything, never knowing what you would have said or done in response. So..."

Marth took a deep breath. "Samus, I love you."

So he does love me, thought Samus. She leaned forward to kiss Marth. But something was wrong. She wass kissing her visor, and so was Marth! She had forgotten to take her helmet off! "I'm the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter...But apparently not the best at socializing." Samus was so embarassed, she didn't know what to say. She was speechless. Marth laughed and turned slightly red. "You forgot this," he said as he lifted her visor off and kissed her. Time stood still.

After what seemed like an eternity, they broke apart, both still looking rather dazed. Samus was the first to speak.
"We should...get going now." It wasn't very romantic, but it was true. Nefirus could be right on their tail, for all they knew. "We should go back to the temple," she called to whoever was listening. Samus was still thinking about her kiss with Marth. She didn't know what to say to him. So she headed for Ratchet's ship without looking back.

Rya woke up on Ratchet’s ship. "Did we... win," he asked to snake

"Yes," Snake answered.

"And..... Dedede?" Rya asked between breaths.

“Dead,” Snake responded. "I think.... I will get some rest," said Rya.

“Good idea," responded Snake before walking off.

"Suddenly, a large ship appeared on Ratchet’s ship's radar. "Bowser," Snake cringed. "Sora, where is the second keyhole," he yelled. We need to take off now."

"Go to the Bridge of Eldin, we'll meet you there!" Sora shouted.
Without knowing where to go, the Gummi Ship rose above Destiny Islands
The Island was surrounded with dead Heartless and Primids. They resembled his friends on The Island in his head.

Nobody on the Island was probably alive but he shook off those thoughts and put his attention on the ship. He saw Ratchet's ship fly away into the distance and Sora suddenly had a pain in his stomach because Master Hand and Sora were on their own.

"Master Hand, tell me where to go!"

Marth turned and followed Samus onto the ship. She loves me... Marth thought dreamily. He had never felt this happy before. Snap out of it, Marth! He thought to himself. Marth tried to focus on what was happening around him, he needed to stay alert. "Where are we going now?" he asked Snake.

"So you want me?" Master Hand asked, but he was just stalling for time. He noticed a coconut next to him. Having an idea, he sent a telepathic message to Link. Link, I want you, Sora and Marth to lead the fight against Subspace. I am sacrificing myself to save Kairi, as she has one of the Keyblades, and we can't go on without her. He paused for a moment, to let the information sink in. Now, Link, after I die, please get rid of all of the coconuts beneath the tree. One of them has my powers secreted in it, and it must not be found by the likes of Nefirus.

Then, with intense focus, he transported his powers of telepathy, mind reading, and telekineses into the coconut. It was impossible to detect.

"I am ready, Nefirus. Release Kairi, and I shall give myself up."

He added one more message for Link: Please bring our forces to the Forest next. It is necessary that we recover at least one of the relics before doing anything else.

The Black Knight looked at Link. He appeared to be focused. "Is something wrong?" The Black Knight sounded more like he was trying to get information than he cared about Link himself.

~High above the Smash World~

Snake gazed at the landscape as they flew over, everthing looked darker. The sky turned black. From these clouds a thick, heavy rain begian to fall. The black drops made a load ping on the metal extieror of the ship. He remembered one year ago when all seemed lost against Tabuu, and the world was covered by darkness. Now they had two enimies to face, and not all of the fighters from 365 days ago returned. Many were dead.

Then he saw it. A large black beast flew in front of the ship. At first he thought he saw Ridley, but no, the animal was thiner, and far darker then Samus' nemisis. This creature had the apperence of a dragon, but was made of black magic. But the most horrorfying thing was what sat on its back. It was a man sized figure. With long crimson hair, he wore crimson red robes over black armour, carried a wine red sword called zarroc. Snake looked deep into his eyes, they were pure evil. Looking at the pale, boney face of the shade sent a chill down snake's back. Then it vanished, the beast dove out of sight and left Snake wondering if what he saw was real.

OOC: Terrible grammatical mistakes. All will be fixed if I hear people clamoring for more.
If not, farewell. I will stay on this forum as a ghost, watching, only interacting sparsely, until people return. If you read this, I may be still around. Knowing me, I'll be back. Hopefully sooner than later.
A wise man once said "It's just a big bag of pointlessness."
Remember that videogames aren't everything. But they can sometimes seem like quite a lot.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, enjoy your games like I do: with vigor, but not obsession. This is probably going to sound incredibly pretentious. Not my intention. :D
See you guys around!
-GigaRidley

Hey Giga, you are very right. Games cannot be an obsession. Thanks for putting this up by the way.

Back