Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by linkzeldagame, Nov 24, 2006.

1. linkzeldagame

linkzeldagame Posts when necessary.

SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL WILL NOT USE THE WIIMOTE... ONLY GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS!!!
    ... for those who still believe that Brawl will use the Wiimote.

EDIT: Link:
    IGN: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Preview

#1 linkzeldagame, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  2. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
  3. ABC

ABC Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1929-2278-1848-3419
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Hahhaa, Link for real. I don't have a Gamecube controller and I refuse to buy one if Nintendo is forcing me to. That is some serious bullshit. I bought their Next-gen console not a Gamecube.

4. linkzeldagame

Then that means if you want to play brawl with the Wiimote then you're gunna be left out. Gamecube controllers are very cheap to buy compared to Wiimotes and by the way, I have now a link. Nobody is forcing you to buy a GC controller and if you want to play Brawl with the Wiimote, then be my guest!

5. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

Aw, damn, I was hoping for Wiimote compatibility. :(

But this shows you that the graphics HAVE improved since GC:

[​IMG]

6. KCBlack

KCBlack WiiChat Member

You can also just buy a classic controller. But from a pic I saw, don't those just plug in to the Wiimote where the nunchuck usually does? That's pretty dumb. You should be able to plug it in directly to the consle, or it should just be wireless...

#6 KCBlack, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
  7. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

Pretty sure the Classic controllers won't work for this game.

#7 Homesrfan, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
  8. linkzeldagame

Classic controllers don't work for this game. GC controllers plug into the top of the Wii, and the classic controller plugs into the back of the Wiimote, making it wireless.

The latest consoles are pretty much wireless and Nintendo is following the trend. However, with Melee, some people reckon that having GC controllers is better over Wavebird as the Wavebird controller creates a bit of lag between the button presses and the character animation on the screen. If you're not concerned about lag and want to stay 'wireless' then you can use Wavebird.

9. Taero

Taero WiiChat Member

Woah woah woah, slow down a sec...so we're to believe that a NEXT GEN game for a NEXT/NEW GEN console MUST use a last gen controller which by the way in an interview reggie said he was unsure whether they were continuing the production of the GC controllers but "Stores still stock them".

Well duh Reggie, what happens if you dont make more, stores sell out then noone can play SSB:B. This is pretty retarded if you ask me, having to buy a whole new controller to play a game and not even a new controller, a controller for their last console...come on Ninty what the F?

10. Close

Close 幸せ雑&

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thats gay.
    :( :( :(

11. Half Empty

Half Empty CHAD SMITH IS KING!

Wii Friend Code: 7404-0035-3816-1331
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    I, for one, am actually glad that they are making us use the GC controllers. I really would not like having to play SSBB with the Wiimote. And it's not like they cost a whole lot.

12. Wii_Rulez

Wii_Rulez Waluigi The Great

Wii Friend Code: 3498-5538-0554-5440
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    What's in that article was stated @ E3 months ago, so who knows what they could have done since then with the controls. DBZ:BT2 is a great example how Wii works with fighting games. Developers for DBZ:BT2 had less time to develop controls for the game than developers for SSBB. Since E3 they could have found a way to make it work with Wiimote & Nunchuck easily. If not, then it's not a big deal, but I would have really like to try it with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.:mad2:

13. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

Seriously. It just screams LAZYNESS to me. I mean, it could be okay with GC controls... but I don't have a GC controller. I will have to buy them for ONE GAME! I guess I might buy some old GC games now...

14. linkzeldagame

If you want to complain about the 'wiitardness' of it all thats cool but Sakurai is still sticking with GC controllers, whether you like it or not. And you guys should feel honoured about it all coz the other NEXT GEN consoles have virtually not changed their controllers - and people don't complain about it. In fact they are happy about their favourite console only having a graphics upgrade.

Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement.

Nintendo constantly changes the controllers to improvise on gameplay with their games. And to stay ahaed of the gaming industry being dominated by Sony and Microsoft... by creating stuff that Sony or Microsoft never thought of before.

The only exception is with Brawl because the creator, Sakurai experimented with Wii controllers and found it made it more complicated to play with. So he stepped down and used GC controllers.

15. Wii_Rulez

Wii_Rulez Waluigi The Great

Wii Friend Code: 3498-5538-0554-5440
    3498-5538-0554-5440
    I'm not complaining, I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to at least try the Wiimote & Nunchuck with game like with the next F-Zero Nintendo recommends using the classic/GC controller because it's a very fast racing game, but the Wiimote will still be an option. I'm fine with using the GC controller.

16. Joe

Joe Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5856-5939-3035-0479
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Thats gay as hell!!!

17. SpideyKonfusion

SpideyKonfusion Village Idiot

Wii Friend Code: 6223-1629-4659-6835
    6223-1629-4659-6835
    I have to agree that it is "gay" indeed. I agree that the other consoles can be seen as not completely "next gen", but nintendo cant just half-ass this ya know? i'm just sayin....if they bust out the wiimote and nunchuck, might as well go all the way no? I'm sure they can pull it off, cause the way i see it, SSB is already ****in awesome, and combined with the wiimote and nunchuck...well...lets just say it gets me a little wet just thinking about it :p

-SpideyKonfusion

EDIT: o yea, and like Wii_Rulez said, you're basing this all off an E3 article, that happened MONTHS ago, and SSBB doesnt come out for MONTHS as well....i still have some hope left ^_^"

18. linkzeldagame

Yes that's true - I have based this on an E3 article that happened months ago but since then, there has no statement about changing back to the Wiimote controllers. I also have based my info on smashboards.com under a particular thread dedicated to keeping up to date with SSBB, as well as translating Sakurai's blog into english for those non japanese speakers.

I'll post it here for anyone who's interested in keeping up with the latest in SSBB.
    SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1 - Smash World Forums | SmashBoards.com

By the way, I'm not Sakurai...

19. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I couldn't imagine trying to use motion sensoring in brawl anyways. I'd prefer it on a gamecube controller.

20. ronin89

ronin89 Wiiman

Wii Friend Code: 4378-1687-7846-0698
    4378-1687-7846-0698
    ok, hold on a second. how WOULD you play with motion controls? that would be insanely hard, and i think it would take away from the game. I prefer using the gamecube controller