Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

Hahhaa, Link for real. I don't have a Gamecube controller and I refuse to buy one if Nintendo is forcing me to. That is some serious bullshit. I bought their Next-gen console not a Gamecube.

Then that means if you want to play brawl with the Wiimote then you're gunna be left out. Gamecube controllers are very cheap to buy compared to Wiimotes and by the way, I have now a link. Nobody is forcing you to buy a GC controller and if you want to play Brawl with the Wiimote, then be my guest!

Aw, damn, I was hoping for Wiimote compatibility. :(

But this shows you that the graphics HAVE improved since GC:

ssbcomparison_480_1147317849.jpg

You can also just buy a classic controller. But from a pic I saw, don't those just plug in to the Wiimote where the nunchuck usually does? That's pretty dumb. You should be able to plug it in directly to the consle, or it should just be wireless...

Last edited by a moderator:
KCBlack said:
You can also just buy a classic controller. But from a pic I saw, don't those just plug in to the Wiimote where the nunchuck usually does? That's pretty dumb. You should be able to plug it in directly to the consle, or it should just be wireless...
Pretty sure the Classic controllers won't work for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic controllers don't work for this game. GC controllers plug into the top of the Wii, and the classic controller plugs into the back of the Wiimote, making it wireless.

The latest consoles are pretty much wireless and Nintendo is following the trend. However, with Melee, some people reckon that having GC controllers is better over Wavebird as the Wavebird controller creates a bit of lag between the button presses and the character animation on the screen. If you're not concerned about lag and want to stay 'wireless' then you can use Wavebird.

Woah woah woah, slow down a sec...so we're to believe that a NEXT GEN game for a NEXT/NEW GEN console MUST use a last gen controller which by the way in an interview reggie said he was unsure whether they were continuing the production of the GC controllers but "Stores still stock them".

Well duh Reggie, what happens if you dont make more, stores sell out then noone can play SSB:B. This is pretty retarded if you ask me, having to buy a whole new controller to play a game and not even a new controller, a controller for their last console...come on Ninty what the F?

I, for one, am actually glad that they are making us use the GC controllers. I really would not like having to play SSBB with the Wiimote. And it's not like they cost a whole lot.

What's in that article was stated @ E3 months ago, so who knows what they could have done since then with the controls. DBZ:BT2 is a great example how Wii works with fighting games. Developers for DBZ:BT2 had less time to develop controls for the game than developers for SSBB. Since E3 they could have found a way to make it work with Wiimote & Nunchuck easily. If not, then it's not a big deal, but I would have really like to try it with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.:mad2:

Wii_Rulez said:
What's in that article was stated @ E3 months ago, so who knows what they could have done since then with the controls. DBZ:BT2 is a great example how Wii works with fighting games. Developers for DBZ:BT2 had less time to develop controls for the game than developers for SSBB. Since E3 they could have found a way to make it work with Wiimote & Nunchuck easily. If not, then it's not a big deal, but I would have really like to try it with the Wiimote & Nunchuck.:mad2:
Seriously. It just screams LAZYNESS to me. I mean, it could be okay with GC controls... but I don't have a GC controller. I will have to buy them for ONE GAME! I guess I might buy some old GC games now...

If you want to complain about the 'wiitardness' of it all thats cool but Sakurai is still sticking with GC controllers, whether you like it or not. And you guys should feel honoured about it all coz the other NEXT GEN consoles have virtually not changed their controllers - and people don't complain about it. In fact they are happy about their favourite console only having a graphics upgrade.

Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement.

Nintendo constantly changes the controllers to improvise on gameplay with their games. And to stay ahaed of the gaming industry being dominated by Sony and Microsoft... by creating stuff that Sony or Microsoft never thought of before.

The only exception is with Brawl because the creator, Sakurai experimented with Wii controllers and found it made it more complicated to play with. So he stepped down and used GC controllers.

linkzeldagame said:
If you want to complain about the 'wiitardness' of it all thats cool but Sakurai is still sticking with GC controllers, whether you like it or not. And you guys should feel honoured about it all coz the other NEXT GEN consoles have virtually not changed their controllers - and people don't complain about it. In fact they are happy about their favourite console only having a graphics upgrade.

Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement.

Nintendo constantly changes the controllers to improvise on gameplay with their games. And to stay ahaed of the gaming industry being dominated by Sony and Microsoft... by creating stuff that Sony or Microsoft never thought of before.

The only exception is with Brawl because the creator, Sakurai experimented with Wii controllers and found it made it more complicated to play with. So he stepped down and used GC controllers.

I'm not complaining, I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to at least try the Wiimote & Nunchuck with game like with the next F-Zero Nintendo recommends using the classic/GC controller because it's a very fast racing game, but the Wiimote will still be an option. I'm fine with using the GC controller.

Back