Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

I have to agree that it is "gay" indeed. I agree that the other consoles can be seen as not completely "next gen", but nintendo cant just half-ass this ya know? i'm just sayin....if they bust out the wiimote and nunchuck, might as well go all the way no? I'm sure they can pull it off, cause the way i see it, SSB is already ****in awesome, and combined with the wiimote and nunchuck...well...lets just say it gets me a little wet just thinking about it :p

-SpideyKonfusion

EDIT: o yea, and like Wii_Rulez said, you're basing this all off an E3 article, that happened MONTHS ago, and SSBB doesnt come out for MONTHS as well....i still have some hope left ^_^"

Yes that's true - I have based this on an E3 article that happened months ago but since then, there has no statement about changing back to the Wiimote controllers. I also have based my info on smashboards.com under a particular thread dedicated to keeping up to date with SSBB, as well as translating Sakurai's blog into english for those non japanese speakers.

I'll post it here for anyone who's interested in keeping up with the latest in SSBB.
SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1 - Smash World Forums | SmashBoards.com

By the way, I'm not Sakurai...

ok, hold on a second. how WOULD you play with motion controls? that would be insanely hard, and i think it would take away from the game. I prefer using the gamecube controller

yeah motionsense would be weird, but at least use the "classic" controler ya know? i never owned game cube. so that would mean me buying a GC controler for 1 game aswell :(

nooooo, nintendo HAS to find a way to make it work....or else...all is lost :(

or atleast use the classic controller :p heheheh

anywayz, my point is that no one has said that the controls WONT be the wiimote/nunchuck, so i still have hope that it will be it. there so much time until SSBB is released that who knows what is to come. we only know the characters from the teaser trailer, what were doing here is like saying that ONLY those characters will be in the game, know what i mean?

-SpideyKonfusion :D

Classic controllers are not going to be used for this game as it doesn't offer ANALOG L or R for sheild size and control. The classic controller is just about as cheap as the GC controller and having both won't do you any harm.

Exactly what I was trying to say through links here - motion sensitivity would be weird for this type of game and would interfere with the player and make it complicated to play.

You'd think that with Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but it works out doesnt it? you do certain attacks with certain movements. why not with the wiimote? the nunchuck can be used for movement Z for grabs like in SSBM, C and analog movement for the quick smash. on the wiimote B/A would be to attack, and movement could be combined with the B or A to smash, kinda like in SSBM. moving without hitting B/A could be for dodging, and blocking could be the other button (A/B).

or something like that, maybe not that exact layout, but something similar?

all im saying is that it could work, and i REALLY want nintendo to do it, because then it would make the wiimote PERFECT, dont you see?! then you could say "i can play ANY game with this krazy controller" wouldnt that be awesome?

and if the whole online thing worked on the wii, then the Wii would be perfecct, itd be so great that its lack of awesome graphics wouldnt matter at all because that would be its only "flaw"

maybe i just want the wii to be better than it is, i just see so much potential in it!!! i lovez my wii too much <3

-SpideyKonfusion :3

ok in my opinion, SSB is a game you cant play with a wiimote, it would take away the essence of the game, to add motion sensing to it.

and as far as i knew, you CAN use a classic controller for it, if anyone actually has a source that says you cant, then post it.but i believe you can..

think about it, Nintendo made the wiimote for 98% of wii games, and the classic for all games that couldnt possibly operate with the wiimote...soooooo
it will most likely work with the classic controller..

p.s. i agree that the classic controller should have been made either completely wired, or wirelss.. doesnt anyone else think its gunna be dumb sitting there with a controller in your hands, and the wiimote dangling from a cord?

xpirate77 said:
ok in my opinion, SSB is a game you cant play with a wiimote, it would take away the essence of the game, to add motion sensing to it.

and as far as i knew, you CAN use a classic controller for it, if anyone actually has a source that says you cant, then post it.but i believe you can..

think about it, Nintendo made the wiimote for 98% of wii games, and the classic for all games that couldnt possibly operate with the wiimote...soooooo
it will most likely work with the classic controller..

p.s. i agree that the classic controller should have been made either completely wired, or wirelss.. doesnt anyone else think its gunna be dumb sitting there with a controller in your hands, and the wiimote dangling from a cord?

well if youre sitting you can put it in your lap....

but how is motion sensing going to take out the essence of the game? i dont see it....what if you could use links whirl attack like in TP in SSBB? or slash his sword with the wiimote. yea, its different than the standard smash or attack buttons for ALL the characters, but doesnt that make it better? more personal? so that you dont have someone jumping around hitting the C-stick near a person, but have to do a krazy-kewl slash motion attack to execute that smash? i think itd be kewler...more complicated and harder to make yes....but were going for the end result here no? we want a game that feels freakin awesome, so why not have link slash his sword in brawl? or pull back the wiimote for an arrow shot, or "throw" the wiimote for the boomerang

im just saying...IF it could be done, nintendo can do it, and itd be awesome

if it cant be done....please let us use the classic controller

-SpideyKonfusion ;_;

because the essence of SSB is for it to be a simple game to control, nothing very complex, it was never supposed to be a game that was very complex, so it shouldnt be made into one. even something like motion sensing would just change the whole feel of the game, and idk it just wouldnt be like SSB...it would just be different..and idk..

SSB was alkways a sick, easy contorlling game, that you could play to kick each other's asses, and have some fun...

hmm...i guess youre right about that, but im not krazy nintendo genius so my controller scheme sucks of course :p im just saying, i have some hope left that nintendo can do it ya know? and what if they made it easy to control? would it be kewl then?

and so what if its different? isnt the Wii different? who ever heard of playing madden with that controller...but it works doesnt it? or an NFS game? or Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

no matter what you all say, i just have hope that nintendo MIGHT come up with something krazy, i can feel it in my bones.

but like i said, if they dont, i just wanna be able to use the classic controller for something other than VC games :/

-SpideyKonfusion :p

Classic controller for every game?!?? The best controller I found very comfy to use was the GC Controller. Only problem I had with it was the awkward placement of the c-stick. Sure I've tried the PS2 controller and I don't like the placement of the joysticks as it forces your thumb in an unnatural position. The same can be made of the classic controller.

Sure I can deal with the controller - hand placement if I need to but Sakurai is concerned about the controller usage and how people will react with it rather than sticking to the latest 'gimmick' and trying to give everyone a hard time trying to remember wiimote movements to attack with various SSB characters. It would slow the game down significantly. One button or two is enough for a fighting game like SSB.

Back