Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

First of all, the Wii classic controllers will work for this title, second of all, the regular Wii mote works for this as well, but I wouldn't advise using it because Brawl isn't meant for the Wii mote.

I put my money on wiimote support, and it being decent. I also put my money on the classic controller (It totally has left and right analog). Lets be logical here, nintendo won't be shooting themselves in the foot so early, especially with a very anticipated title.

I dont know how many buttons are on the wiimote and nunchuck. Assuming there are enough buttons, Just because they choose to use the wiimote and nunchuck DOESNT mean they will make use of the sensor you know.

Like I said in my recent post, the game will be playable with the wiimote, it doesn't mean that the game is meant for it. Take Duck Hunt for example. You can play it with the regular remote but it's really mean't for the NES Gun.

Here is a source to back up my claim on why SSBB won't use the Wiimote -
...And its on Wiichat.com XD

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will not use the Wiimote features. Instead it will be designed for the Gamecube controller and possibly the classic pad.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai.

"The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

Nintendo officially revealed the game under the name of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Miyamoto and Sakurai, who were there to make the announcement, hinted that the game could have full compatibility with the GameCube controller. Sakurai said that the reason was because he did not want to "alienate those familiar with the pad." In an interview with IGN, Sakurai said the Wii's motion sensing features might not be included because, "we found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game."
Source: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

linkzeldagame said:
Then that means if you want to play brawl with the Wiimote then you're gunna be left out. Gamecube controllers are very cheap to buy compared to Wiimotes and by the way, I have now a link. Nobody is forcing you to buy a GC controller and if you want to play Brawl with the Wiimote, then be my guest!
That was way back in may. This is what Nintendo said "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet." You can't disprove the Wiimote will be used aswell as another control option because it's still in development.

But still, this is basically forcing people who've never had a GC to go out and buy just a controller, I can see controller shortages on the horizon in games stores unless it comes packaged in with the game but then instead of paying like £35-40 for the game you're paying that + a controller for that one game.

Smacks of money grabbing to me, I know they need to make their money back somewhere but this isn't the case, I have a GC controller that my mate bought me a couple of years ago to play on his GC and it never got returned but that's not really the point.

Couldnt you tilt the nunchuk to move and jerk it to dash? Use the nunchuk analogue as the c stick and its shoulder buttons for shield and grab? Can't remember the other buttons needed but they could be mapped to the wiimote right?

I highly doubt that Nintendo will force people to buy an old shitty GC controller to play a next-gen game. Until I hear something coming from a Nintendo rep's mouth, I won't believe it.

linkzeldagame said:
SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL WILL NOT USE THE WIIMOTE... ONLY GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS!!!
... for those who still believe that Brawl will use the Wiimote.

EDIT: Link:
IGN: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Preview

Yeah, not going to happen. Regardless of rumours going round on the Internet, the game will come out and will be mapped to the Wiimote. It would be public suicide if Nintendo could not get one of their own games to work with their own hardware. It's statments like the above that start wars :mad2:

ok lets just get this straight first, people who are saying, oh they cant use the wiimote cuz they wont have motion sensing capabilities on the game...listen, just cuz you're using the wiimote, doesnt mean you're using motion sensing..you could just use it as a wireless controller(turned on its side)

also, its not the biggest deal to buy a GC controller, and they are in no way shitty. just buy a wavebird and it will go along with the wireless sense of the wii.. its a good thing to get, because you'd be suprised how many GC titles you can find nowadays for like under 10 bucks, that are still amazing titles, and if you have a GC controller, you can play em..

but all of that aside, im sure nintendo will make it classic controller compatible if not wiimote compatible(not saying motion sensing)

Back