Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

Nintendo are not going to start making thousands of GC controllers to fill the void of demand. It just doesn't make business sense.

from what i heard we'll be turning the wii-mote to the side (like excite truck) and pressing buttons and maybe tilting it left or right for special moves or something

MetroidZ said:
That was way back in may. This is what Nintendo said "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet." You can't disprove the Wiimote will be used aswell as another control option because it's still in development.
i looked at the artice too and it was from E3 so they could be talking about playing VC games and GCN games

linkzeldagame said:
If you want to complain about the 'wiitardness' of it all thats cool but Sakurai is still sticking with GC controllers, whether you like it or not. And you guys should feel honoured about it all coz the other NEXT GEN consoles have virtually not changed their controllers - and people don't complain about it. In fact they are happy about their favourite console only having a graphics upgrade.

Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement.

Nintendo constantly changes the controllers to improvise on gameplay with their games. And to stay ahaed of the gaming industry being dominated by Sony and Microsoft... by creating stuff that Sony or Microsoft never thought of before.

The only exception is with Brawl because the creator, Sakurai experimented with Wii controllers and found it made it more complicated to play with. So he stepped down and used GC controllers.

"You guys should feel honored"

Ew...? As if you know this information is confirmed, and as if you have the right to say I should feel honored that the game will apparently use the gamecube controls. because I bought a brand new next generation console, and extra NEW wiimotes...I should feel HONORED that they wont be used?

Also here you are trying worthlessly to prove your point by saying, the game will still be next gen because of graphics. Seriously where the hell have you been, graphics on the wii are NOT next gen.

and then you counter your idea with....

"Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement."

So if Smash Bros. doesn't use the wiimote and chuck......whats your point? Its graphics will still make it next gen? I don't think so.

Quit telling people your assumptions are facts, using a third party source to try and prove it , and your misinformed opinions.

when in reality the game wont even be out for over half a year.

um well im not sure where i heard this but im pretty sure that they are going to make it so you can set it to wiimote controlls, classic controller controlls, and Pre-Gen controls. the game's tutorial will proabably be in wiimote form though. im sorry i dont have a link for this now

dogdigity said:

Ew...? As if you know this information is confirmed, and as if you have the right to say I should feel honored that the game will apparently use the gamecube controls. because I bought a brand new next generation console, and extra NEW wiimotes...I should feel HONORED that they wont be used?

Also here you are trying worthlessly to prove your point by saying, the game will still be next gen because of graphics. Seriously where the hell have you been, graphics on the wii are NOT next gen.

"Next gen consoles apart from Nintendo are not fully 100% next gen - more like graphic upgrades with wireless controller enhancement."

So if Smash Bros. doesn't use the wiimote and chuck......whats your point? Its graphics will still make it next gen? I don't think so.

Quit telling people your assumptions are facts, using a third party source to try and prove it , and your misinformed opinions.

so from what you're saying this is just a gamecube game with a different label i agree with the blue part though

dogdigity said:

Can we say PWNED!!!

pwned.jpg

dogdigity said:

well the graphics do look better, much better.

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060823080625492.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060823080624414.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060823080628556.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20060823080630291.jpg

Yes they are, no doubt.

His arguement didnt support either of those things.
By saying graphics doesnt really make a next gen console.

LINKZELDAGAME,

you stabbed yourself in the foot.

I know this sucks a little bit but I bought 2 Nintendo GC controller since they can be used in all games. And I wanted to play to the good'ol Mario Kart: Double Dash.

people who think the game should be ran with wiiremote are noobs... theres no question about, they dont no how to wave dash they dont know how to get Fair combos and Uair combos there flat out noobs, once they go to wikipedia and look it up they may try and bash me but there still noobs, u cant play that game with a wii remote unless all u do it punch them and pick up items, learn the game and than re-post :mad2: :mad: dont talk about stuff you have no clue about makes me soooo mad :mad2: :mad::mad2: :mad:

if you still think im wrong tell me how u can play like this on a wiimote...
YouTube - Captain Jack(Shiek) vs EK(Marth) 7 its impossible

oh ya dogdigity ur a noob i thought it should be clear to everyone... i was mainly talking about you... go play sim city

NintendoWiiMASTER said:
people who think the game should be ran with wiiremote are noobs... theres no question about, they dont no how to wave dash they dont know how to get Fair combos and Uair combos there flat out noobs, once they go to wikipedia and look it up they may try and bash me but there still noobs, u cant play that game with a wii remote unless all u do it punch them and pick up items, learn the game and than re-post :mad2: :mad: dont talk about stuff you have no clue about makes me soooo mad :mad2: :mad::mad2: :mad:

if you still think im wrong tell me how u can play like this on a wiimote...
YouTube - Captain Jack(Shiek) vs EK(Marth) 7 its impossible

Oh look who just walked in, Mr. "I think I designed SSB". Dude, Nintendo will find a way. Between the Nunchuck, the Wiimote's button's and the tilt and motion sensing I am SURE Nintendo can think something up to contorl the damn game. Got that?

Sure I admit I said some contradictory stuff back then WITHOUT realising it. What I was trying to say was that Nintendo has made games that don't feature the latest 'gimmick' or innovation tool. Some DS games don't feature the use of the touch screen. There were a couple of N64 games that didn't use the Joystick for gameplay/developer reasons. Melee in GC doesn't use the DPad for obvious reasons - analog control of characters in the air or on the ground and attacking using tilts and smashes. This dynamic control cannot be replicated through the D Pad.

Dodigity - I did stab myself in the foot, but I didn't go around making threads and asking for a flamewar, especially one full of responses that show no actual intelligent thought into the original topic.

nintendoWIIMASTER - I agree with you. This is the reason why I think GC controllers are going to be used for SSBB not the Wiimote. Oh and by the way I did mention smashboards here as there's more interesting discussion info to get from there.

ABC - wiiNINTENDOMASTER DID NOT DESIGN SSB. The creators/developers of SSB created L-cancelled aerials, short hops, aerial combos, and wavedashing, which is often seen in that video. It is up to the user to use them or not. By the way I do use those techniques you often see in the vid. Fair to Dair combos with Marth - sounds easy? Wrong! It is hard. SSBM has more depth than most games of its caliber, yet looks childish to play.

If you think the video was in lightning melee or the players who used the characters hacked the game, think again.

Most of my sources have not just came from 3rd party sources, they're from IGN who has always been up to date with Nintendo. And Wikipedia.

I must say I misinterpreted what I thought might be used as a controller in the game. The GC for melee battles and such, but the Wiimote for minigames such as Home Run contest, trophy room, etc

Back