Super Smash Bros. Brawl - The Perfect Game?

AtomicB

Sep 18, 2007
In my room. Working on project E-vile.
Wii Online Code
5873-1290-1753-2112
Now, I know no game is perfect. There is always something that can be improved, but if you ask me, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is coming pretty darn close.

Sakurai is paying attention to the people! For the first time in history, a developer is actually looking at them.

I mean:
  • Mid-battle Screenshots
  • Replay Game Recordings
  • Wi-Fi Play (Even on Sandbag Stadium)
  • Two Player Co-Op Story Mode
  • Sonic?!

If I can remember correctly, these are all the things I wanted in the game. And with a 60 fps rate, the game looks gorgeous.

The only thing left that I would want? Voice chat.
It may sound impossible, but with all the recent editions, anything is possible with this game.

Now don't get me wrong when I say this, cause I'm gonna freakin' LOVE Smash Bros. Brawl, but it still doesn't come anywhere close to my ideal, perfect, game.

But that is probably because my ideal game is unattainable. Well it most likely is, anyway. Besides, everyone has preferences when it comes to types of games, so even if a game could attain perfection, in its genre, it would still not appeal to certain people.

Nevertheless, I'm going to say that SSBB will prolly be one of my favorite games of all time. :yesnod:

World of Warcraft 10/100
SSBB 99/100
Nothing is perfect there is always room for improvement

"Now, I know no game is perfect. There is always something that can be improved, but if you ask me, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is coming pretty darn close."

Did anyone read the first sentence?

it all depends on what kind of games you like!!!!

I've never played a SSB game...so im pretty excited for Brawl. I'm probably gonna end up picking up Meelee before Brawl comes out so I'm not so behind

Nope, no where near my perfect game. I mean, no lobbies for the online game, just random matches and friend matches, doesn't seem like the ideal game...

What I want to see on the Wii, is something similar to Counter strike (LOTS of players, mixed with some halo (vehicles which can hold several people), with customizable wii controls (a la Medal of Honor), have a map editor for it (for macs and pcs, not on the Wii itself, as it would be too hard to make them. Easy to make of course, no programming needed), put in lots of cool weapons (Super explosive rocket launchers, sniper rifles, uzis), the ability to hold the gun gangsta style (a la red steel), 60 f/s, no lag, xbox 360 graphics (not possible, so that could be just a bonus), bundled with a super sweet gun shell (better than the zapper), add in lots of modes, 2-4 teams, no friend codes, highscore boards and stuff, bundled with a head set, prizes every week, + more, just can't think what right now.

That would come veeeeery close to perfect. Except my perfect game probably wouldn't be an fps.

JT. said:
Nope, no where near my perfect game. I mean, no lobbies for the online game, just random matches and friend matches, doesn't seem like the ideal game...

What I want to see on the Wii, is something similar to Counter strike (LOTS of players, mixed with some halo (vehicles which can hold several people), with customizable wii controls (a la Medal of Honor), have a map editor for it (for macs and pcs, not on the Wii itself, as it would be too hard to make them. Easy to make of course, no programming needed), put in lots of cool weapons (Super explosive rocket launchers, sniper rifles, uzis), the ability to hold the gun gangsta style (a la red steel), 60 f/s, no lag, xbox 360 graphics (not possible, so that could be just a bonus), bundled with a super sweet gun shell (better than the zapper), add in lots of modes, 2-4 teams, no friend codes, highscore boards and stuff, bundled with a head set, prizes every week, + more, just can't think what right now.

That would come veeeeery close to perfect. Except my perfect game probably wouldn't be an fps.

Vehicles, FPS Guns style, Gunshell in Brawl?
Uh, nope. And why the heck would Brawl have a gun-shell?

Because Super Smash Bros. isn't a FPS...
And it does have fully customizable controls already. You can set it up however you want.

Something tells me your ideal game is Halo. Just a hunch o_O...

It wont be perfect for me...

Including Sonic in the game, is the biggest fail Nintendo Ever done...

Now the title of the game must be Super Smash Brawl... as the current title makes no sense.

Sonic is not originally from Nintendo, so, Sonic is not a bro.... Sonic shouldn't be in the game, and now that the darn furry thing is in the game... the game can't be named Super Smash Bros Brawl...

I'm very disappointed with the Sonic guy... I will purchase the game anyway... but the reals bros games are the ones for the cube and the n64

There are some characters that I do not like, and I will love to smash (such Birdo, Toad or Kirby) Those guys will be crushed with my Ness/Mario/Pikachu character...

Sonic? He even not deserves that. If due the CPU I must fight him, I will do it... but I won't even bother smashing it.

Btw, sorry for the double post.... I thought I clicked on edit, but I quoted lol

My perfect game hasn't been created yet...and I don't think it will while I'm alive...but SSBB is gettting pretty close and probably will be my fav so far

Chicagoan said:
It wont be perfect for me...

Including Sonic in the game, is the biggest fail Nintendo Ever done...

Now the title of the game must be Super Smash Brawl... as the current title makes no sense.

Sonic is not originally from Nintendo, so, Sonic is not a bro.... Sonic shouldn't be in the game, and now that the darn furry thing is in the game... the game can't be named Super Smash Bros Brawl...

I'm very disappointed with the Sonic guy... I will purchase the game anyway... but the reals bros games are the ones for the cube and the n64

Quite your crying! Sonic is awesome and deserves to be in Brawl. Who cares if he's not a brother, I mean Zelda's not a brother and Mario's not a brother(lol, see what I did there, I...ahhhhh nevermind)

Well, anyway... Sonic's in and everyone should be praising Nintendo for allowing 3rd party characters in! Brawl is going to Rock

AtomicB said:
Now, I know no game is perfect. There is always something that can be improved, but if you ask me, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is coming pretty darn close.

Sakurai is paying attention to the people! For the first time in history, a developer is actually looking at them.

I mean:
  • Mid-battle Screenshots
  • Replay Game Recordings
  • Wi-Fi Play (Even on Sandbag Stadium)
  • Two Player Co-Op Story Mode
  • Sonic?!

If I can remember correctly, these are all the things I wanted in the game. And with a 60 fps rate, the game looks gorgeous.

The only thing left that I would want? Voice chat.
It may sound impossible, but with all the recent editions, anything is possible with this game.
im sure theyll put in voice chat.

Back