Super Smash Bros. Brawl - The Perfect Game?

MatPerry: I did not see the mario mention because it was listed awkwardly, and I apologize for that, because it is obviously made by Nintendo. I said I was not sure about Zelda, so no reason to bring that up.

And just for your referance: A game that is not made by Nintendo, but is overseen by and copyrighted by Nintendo is a Second Party game, halfway between First and Third Party.

AtomicB: Sonic does talk in Brawl, and his voiceover his horrible...

Isn't it far too early to tell?

We are still 3 and a half months away from launch! For all we know, headset support is already implemented, there's 10 single player modes, subspace emissiary has 75 hours worth of gameplay, there are no friend codes, there's matchmaking surpassing Halo, and there are over 200 maps and characters.

Obiously all of these things are unlikely (Maybe excluding headset support) but the fact is we don't know what's in the game so it's far to early to judge.

Even though I do expect this game to get very solid reviews and be one of the top 3 best reviewed games on the Wii, it obiviously won't be perfect.

AtomicB said:
GuyWithASweatyDudeAsAPic: Well he's bound to speak much less than his own games. And that's good enough for me.
ah well, compare it with the 2d games, the old one on genesis, game gear or GBA, there is no voice act at all. but games like director's cut are just a pain, I agree

ok, i dont think there perfect games. i would rephrase it: best. and they are two different meanings. perfect is everything imagineable. best is the best game we have had so far in life.
these are my top 6 best videogames ever:
1. Zelda OoT
2. SSBM
3. RE4
4. Zelda A Link to The Past
5. Super Mario Bros 3
6. The Halo Series
anyone agree?

yeah if you only play nintendo and xbox.. if you add playstation in there i think some GTA titles would be up there.. vice city and san andreas

BDAOutlaw said:
Sorry its not that hot :p I quit at 49 it got boring doing quest and lvling for just....gear that I may sell later or delete.

We'll either you lie for one, or you played a pve server which can get dull at times. Something tells me though, you didn't get that far and finally say, well, i'm done. Anybody that has quit who I've spoken with quick with the first 20 levels. 49 takes weeks to achieve my friend and if this was your first, it would hve been months. No way you got that far and quit.

@main topic, i consider perfect games, games with perfect scores, and this game probably will get it's share of perfect scores
secondly, i think there might be headset, probably not

@ wow, it's not perfect, if it's perfect, than why do they keep coming out with expansions....especially since you already pay monthly for mini-espansions(patches), it's semi-repetetive, go to a village, do a bunch of quest(most of them are 'kill 10 wolves') than move onto the next village
...only after doing this for a whole month(or more) does the game get exciting, and it's not even that exciting.....there's a lot of waiting/traveling/loading involved too...cause the game's huge

matperry said:
Mario, Zelda and older Samus is Nintendo.
New Samus by Retro
DK by Rare before but now I have no idea, Rare is with Microsoft
Kirby is HAL Laboratory and not sure about the others

and well, even if "Sakurai" is not Nintendo, he works for it... as if Zelda is with Nintendo because Shigeru is with Nintendo. It goes different with games like Perfect Dark because it is produced by Rare and publicised by Nintendo but games such as Zelda or Mario Galaxy are all Nintendo. Dunno why you said that

donkey kong is mainly with first party developers, i know mario vs donkey kong was nst, and donkey kong: jungle beat was with nintendo ead.

i wouldn't say sakurai works for nintendo, after quitting hal i would say he is working with nintendo to make this game, although we don't know what development team is working FOR sakurai/nintendo

also i'd say that eiji anoema(sp) is the loz guy, seeing that he is more involved in the loz series than shiggy is

JerryC said:
yeah if you only play nintendo and xbox.. if you add playstation in there i think some GTA titles would be up there.. vice city and san andreas

Top ten reviewed games ever via gamerankings.com

1. LoZ: OoT (N64)
2. The Orange Box (PC)
3. Soul Calibur (DC)
4. Metroid Prime (GCN)
5. RE 4 (GCN)
6. Goldeneye 007 (N64)...and yes, the top six have no playstation on it.
7. Tekken 3 (PS)
8. Half Life 2 (PC)
9. Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
10. RE 4 (PS2)

lol that doesn't look too reliable.. wheres all the GTA titles? FF7? and FF titles for that matter? Why are 2 RE4's up there?

mushroomedmario said:
@ wow, it's not perfect, if it's perfect, than why do they keep coming out with expansions....especially since you already pay monthly for mini-espansions(patches)

you don't have to pay for those. simple fee $12 a month to use servers. And in fact it is near perfection not in the means that you may appreciate everything that occurs in game but the fact that almost every aspect of the game was thought through. Any bugs or glitches, no class is to op, and they haven't nerfed any class to much. The complexity is far beyond any other MMORPG and the the vast world is overwhelming in size which is a good thing. Every person in game is extremely unique in so many different ways that most people couldn't understand unless they played. And trust me, there is a reason that CNN has covered this game many times, about how it's the most addictive game in the world atm. The statistics show a rather large number of deaths, loss of jobs, divorces, lack of parental attention to infants, and much more due to Warcraft addiction. My friend that plays is 4 years behind in school because of the game. He is 18 and in 9th grade. There must be something epic about this game. I had a close friend that died due to lack of nutrition and lack of sleep. He was intoxicated when he passed away in his sleep. Little does everyone know but all he did was play this game. I've got a little first hand experience with this game and I'll tell you now there is nothing average about it.

it's semi-repetetive, go to a village, do a bunch of quest(most of them are 'kill 10 wolves') than move onto the next village
...only after doing this for a whole month(or more) does the game get exciting, and it's not even that exciting.....there's a lot of waiting/traveling/loading involved too...cause the game's huge

You've hardly grasped the world of warcraft and everything that is behind it. And your right, it is a huge game. With how detailed the game is and how good the graphics look (not that great is what i mean if you didn't know) it should only be about 1 gig of harddrive space. It takes 6 gigs and that may be an underestimate.

JerryC said:
ol that doesn't look too reliable.. wheres all the GTA titles? FF7? and FF titles for that matter? Why are 2 RE4's up there?

One...GTA games are way to repetitive now a days. So, they fell to the 11th and 12th spots on this site.

Two...Resident Evil 4 appeared on a total of 3 consoles with varying content and controls. So, that's why the PS2 version is 10th and the GCN version is 5th.

Three.. The first final fantasy title comes in at 73. With the next at 114.

Four...And this is a metareview like site. They take the reviews of other sites. Average them and rank them. There is nothing to question here.

Back