Super Smash Bros. Brawl WiiWare channel in the Pipeline?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
As if Nintendo hasn’t packed enough into Super Smash. Bros Brawl already, rumour has it that a new WiiWare channel will soon be launching to provide players with a host of downloadable extras.

N-Sider forum member ‘«Ќęў»’ reports that the new channel will be named Super Smash Bros. Brawl: New Challenger and will allow gamers to download the likes of new characters, stages, music, trophies and stickers. They won’t be available for nothin’, mind you. The site also reports that the additional extras will be payable for with Wii Points.

Given that we know Nintendo plans to host a daily user-created SSBB-created level at some point in the future, does this make the existence of a new channel more feasible?

If the rumour does turn out to be true, would you be welcoming of it - even if it does mean paying for extras?

Source

Awesome if this is true!

People have found character files and stage files within the programming of the game, so there is actually a good chance that this is true.(don't remember who the characters were, but they actually weren't that great and likely clones)

But we have to pay for it?
Thats pretty lame, what if we end up not liking how the character controls?

what, what???

"NEW CHARACTERS"!?!?

i'm going to like this :yesnod:

Yeah new characters and stages sound awesome, but having to pay for them seems really dumb. You already bought the game, why spend more money for it?

This is great news... 2 questions though.

1. When does this channel release?
2. Do you have to pay for all these extra's?

I believe this, It's very sensible and realistic. And downloaded content will give Nintendo more time to work on the 4th game, if there ever will be one

Sweet, if this is true, we'll finally being getting downloadable content, even if it is a year and a half into the Wii's life.
New characters and stages sounds awesome, but the fact that you have to pay for it is pretty lame.

Shoko said:
I believe this, It's very sensible and realistic. And downloaded content will give Nintendo more time to work on the 4th game, if there ever will be one
I HIGHLY doubt there will be a fourth game since Sakurai was basically forced into making Brawl. But the downloadable content will allow Nintendo to further build on the game which is better than having a fourth game... kinda.

...brawl isn't even out yet and people are already wanting another sequel.

seriously.

So...Beautiful...*sniff*
My dream of Ridley one day swooping through the skies of the Mushroomy Kingdom are once again revitalized!

iOwnage said:
I HIGHLY doubt there will be a fourth game since Sakurai was basically forced into making Brawl. But the downloadable content will allow Nintendo to further build on the game which is better than having a fourth game... kinda.
Who says Sakurai has to make it? it could be anyone the next time, a new label, a new publisher, new rules, new designers... Big changes for sure but there will be a SSB 4.

this is a rumor....thats sounds out of line. i cant believe im really saying this but doesnt the game have enough? what could possibly be the next uninspiring things they want to charge for? i dont see this happening. selling expansions to a fighter platform video game...yea...

Back