Super Smash Bros. Brawl will it be on wifi?

Wich new character is do YOU like best?

• Wario

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Pit

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Mechankight

• Snake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
eth123 said:
About the first thing, think practially. Do you actually think people are going to bring these big systems to each others houses with their own screens? I highly doubt it. The only way to battle between systems would probably be connecting to an access point. Many devices can connect to one access point. I think it would be much easier if everyone was at their own house. Many things connecting to one hotspot could lead to major lag and slow internet connections in general. It probably would work with a high speed connection, but the hastle of bringing your own TV would be pretty annoying.
Um...when you say "big systems...with their own screens" are you saying Wii is big? Sorry, I really don't think you meant that, but you seperate systems and screens, so it's a bit confusing. Quite a few of my friends have small 13" TVs and almost everyone has an LCD monitor, which the Wii can use as long as the monitor has composite, s-video, or component inputs, so it really wouldn't be a hassle. Plus, not everyone would have to have their own TVs because SSBB isn't a split screen experience; all opponents are viewable at all times. I was sort of thinking more of a LAN party set up by a game shop or and I know this may sound weird, a church LAN party. Now, if anyone has read the posts I've made in the thread "Red Steel headed for an M rating," you'll know that I am in no way religious, but in my town, there's this church that holds LAN parties, mainly Halo tournaments, and they have like 20 or 30 27" tube TVs with Xboxs provided by them, so you don't have to bring your own unless you want to. I really think it's the weirdist thing, church LAN parties, but they never make us pray or anything, so I guess it's cool.:confused:

eth123 said:
Here's what I think in general about WiFi on SSBB:

All I see is a lag fest. Think of how they programmed Melee. The timing is very effective and efficient for the gameplay. There could be a millisecond difference in gameplay depending on who attacked first. Most games don't require expert timing and such because they aren't very demanding of timing. Now let's put this into internet terms. If one person lagged, the whole attacking would be thrown off and people would complain. I can't even imagine how horrible the connection would be between 16 players. All I see is lag chaos. While I think this is a great idea, could it also be a horrible disaster? What do you think?

Well I've heard of games like Starfox: Command for DS having 16 player around the world and very little to no lag; don't have a source but it's said on IGN. I know the DS is less graphicly strong, but SSBB isn't a graphicly intense game either and as long as Nintendo makes it nearly impossible for people to play using dial-up, gameplay should be smooth. And when it's not, it'll just be like turning on the slow-motion option for a few seconds, which wouldn't be horrible. I don't care if it's 4 player or 16 player, just as long as long as it's not two-three player and it's got to have online if they want it to last longer than SSBM.

Yeah i think your right.. SSBB won't have masses of levels or scenerys.. just one for each battle, and then control of the characters, so i shouldn't think, if others have half decent internet connections, there won't be much lag for it, though I don't think the game will run as smoothly if there was up to 16 people playing.. so I think they might just have a 4 person multiplayer.. sort of like Mario Kart DS.. because that his immense levels, but not many people.. and even that lags at times..

Yeah SSBB online would be one of the best possible things that Nintendo could do just imagine Super Smash Brothers online.....i mean come on everyone knows that the game gets boring playing by your self the entire time.....eventually u get good enough that LV. 9 computers dont stand a chance......i agree with Dav 4550 the only downside of online is that there is going to be those freaks who will be absolutley insane (me) and you wont have a chance against (still me).

WTF!?!?!? Zero Suit Samus isn't in the poll!

Online will extend the replay value of Super Smash Bros Brawl which is great and lag will add a whole new feel to it!

how do i get wi-fi on ds it cant connect unless u need to buy something for it... to plug in or something ... please tell me!!

:)

andreas221 said:
I've been hearing rumors that nintendo might put games compatible with the wifi
connection...:) :confused:
On the Super Smash Bros Dojo ( which was supost to be the creater of SSBB that made the web site) Said that SSBB will be Wifi compatible, now lets just pray they dont change thier minds

Wii_Rulez said:
I think it would be a mistake not to put Wi-Fi for SSBB cuz that word make for a much better experience than Melee. As for the chracter i want to see in SSBB.............................isn't it obvious.

Uh....... do you want spongebob in it. just kidding you want walugi:smilewinkgrin:

Back