Super Smash Bros. Will Have a Change of Direction on Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-3-picture10162-super-smash-bros.JPG

Computer and Video Games reports that according to a new interview with Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai, the forthcoming Wii U Super Smash Bros. game, as yet unnamed, will represent a “change of direction” for the series. In the interview, Sakurai said that as far as the game’s all-important roster is concerned, it may well have “reached the limits of what’s feasible,” so that presumably means that the roster for the Wii U game will not be much bigger than the 36 characters that are featured in Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii. This would indeed mark quite a departure for the series, as CVG notes, as although Super Smash Bros. on the N64 started with just 12 characters in its roster, the roster increased with each subsequent iteration of the game, from 25 on GameCube to 36 on Wii. Sakurai adds that Nintendo is more concerned with how the Wii U version will connect with the 3DS version of the game than it is with how many characters are in the roster. Very little else is known about the Wii U Super Smash Bros., other than that Nintendo and Namco Bandai are working on it together.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/356328/its-quality-not-quantity-for-the-new-super-smash-bros/

Namco's influence is corrupting
the characters are why Super Smash Bros. is such a popular game

In the interview, Sakurai said that as far as the game’s all-important roster is concerned, it may well have “reached the limits of what’s feasible,” so that presumably means that the roster for the Wii U game will not be much bigger than the 36 characters that are featured in Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii.
What does that mean, "reached the limits of what's feasible?" Sukarai's expectations of what's feasible must be unusually high, because that's the first time I've heard anyone say that. Oh well, there goes all of the speculation.

we posted a whole bunch on the SSB4 thread a couple of pages back
a few of us are going to write a letter

New characters > WiiU-3DS connectivity.

If they really don't add any/barely any new characters, I really hope Ninty proves my statement wrong...

New characters > WiiU-3DS connectivity.

If they really don't add any/barely any new characters, I really hope Ninty proves my statement wrong...
This. [strike] Although if Ghiry is in the game I won't complain a bit.[/strike]

So far there is a couple of confirmed characters such as Mario, Sonic, Pikachu, and MegaMan. So far these are all I know are going to be in it for sure. Too bad I don't have a WiiU... :'( ... yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back