Surround sound and Video hook up help

AVHELP

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2009
Washington DC
I have a Sony STR DE 575 receiver and I am trying to hook up my Wii through my system for surround sound and video. I have Satellite and it works fine, the DVR works fine but my VCR has no video, only sound. So hoohing it up through the VCR is out. I have the standard RCA jacks that come with it. who here is the hook up master and can help me with this configuration issue. Thanks in advance for your help Wii Chat.....

What abouit the video

I have two jacks for the AUX, red and white, but there is no connection for the video. Do I connect the video directly into the TV. I tried the AUX using the RCA jacks that came with it and alls I got was sound. Thanks for the reply.

Dave

I got it

Well, I hooked the Wii directly into my old 42 inch tv Audio input jack and then ran the two rca jacks out of the audio (from the TV)to my Sony amp, to the input section of the monitor. I then changed the Wii sound selection to surrounsound, made sure that my Sony STR DE 575 was using the Dolby Prologic. One more step, I had to tell the TV itself to turn off the internal speakers and use the variable output. WALA, it works. What a piece of work! So I played games for hours, smiling like a chesser cat doing so.. Thanks for your help.

Back