Surround Sound Systems?

Calvinhedge

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Colorado, USA
Wii Online Code
8160-5319-6257-2561
Ok, I've searched this, and didn't find very much about it. Anyways, I have a panasonic surround sound system, and I have noticed that in many games, there is some sound missing. In Zelda, for instance, link's sword sound is missing, and a few other sounds I noticed on my regular TV. I have heard that only the Dolby Pro logic II is supported by the Wii, and I'm wondering if this is true. I'm using composite cables, the ones that came with it, and have 5 speakers. Any help?

I have a 5 speaker RCA surround sound system and HD componet cables hooked to my wii.I have exellent sound nothing missing sounds great.

The Wii can only put out stereo sound. There is no digital coax or digital optical output to transmit any kind of surround sound.

nope the Wii is dobly pro... just like GC... make sure your speakers are setup right.. and make sure in your settings on your wii go to sound... then surround... there is mono,stereo, and surround... its ment for dobly.. but ive tryed it on each of my different surround settings and the sound is fine on all of them... make sure your wii is set to surround..

Jorge said:
The Wii can only put out stereo sound. There is no digital coax or digital optical output to transmit any kind of surround sound.
surround sound has been out far before eaither coax or optical even was thought of.. they are just new versions of surround sound..

the wii has surround sound.check your settings in the wii settings on your wii menu screen.it has sound settings and surround sound is a option.

"true surround" is that a technical term? :prrr: :D

The sound comes from - front centre, left and right. It also comes behind -left and right. Plus Bass speaker (sub woofer) Thats 5.1 pro-logic surround. Its simply not an sophisticated means of producing surround sound.

It is surround sound though. And it is possible to program games to work well in 5.1 (pro-logic).

Last edited:
most movies arnt even put in true surround... do you think there are 5 boom mics around a set at all times to get your surround sound? no they have a couple mics and digitally make it into surround after the film process... any surround unless your at an IMAX theater, or if its a verry elite movie... is not real surround its imitated.. thats all surround sound is... stereo split in 3 or more directions... digitally enhanced... work in the film industry for a bit figure it out..lol and then try doing it.. pain in the butt to make people enjoy there "surround sound" takes a few hours in the editting booth... ive done it plenty of times

but yes nintendo has built in 5.1 dobly pro and it works just fine some games better than most.. but thats all up to the game designers...

works pretty good in 7.1 dobly too :)

Back