system help other consoles

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I don't know what form to put this under, but help me make a decition, all my life just about i bought only nintendo products of course i bought the dremcast and ps1, but I have nothing against the wii, its a great system with somewhat kickass games but I'm think on a wanna play more mature video games ago like x-box 360 or ps2 or ps3. what should i get x-box 360 or ps3?

Personally, I like the 360. Yes it has technical issues, but its not nearly as bad as some people say. It has as good as graphics as the PS3, and its cheaper. Good library of games since its been out for 2 years compared to the PS3 1.

Have you tried the RE for Wii? Those are mature games.

I know little about either, but based on info I get from other boards, more people recommend the Xbox.

There are quite a few 'mature' type games on Wii such as Resident Evil:4, Resident Evil: UC, The Godfather, Scarface, Splinter Cell, Mortal Kombat, Manhunt 2 and the upcoming No More Heroes. Id expect any M rated PS2 games released in the future would also be on Wii as well.

As for choosing between a 360 and PS3 that depends what you want from the system. I would look at the exclusive titles and pick which one has more that interests you. Unless you specifically want a Blueray player for movies i dont think that there is too much to choose between them.

For wii for mature games i have godfather,scarface, MK armagedon, RE4. Thinking on buying no more hero's. Whats the diff between Blu-ray dvd and HDDvds? Can i do more stuff on 360 than ps3 or what?

castlezelda said:
For wii for mature games i have godfather,scarface, MK armagedon, RE4. Thinking on buying no more hero's. Whats the diff between Blu-ray dvd and HDDvds? Can i do more stuff on 360 than ps3 or what?

PS3 has built in Bluray while with the 360 you need to by seperate hardware to play HD-DVD's.

Bluray and HD-DVD are basiclly the same quality wise. It looks like slowly HD-DVD is losing market share though.

Last edited:
castlezelda said:
Whats the diff between Blu-ray dvd and HDDvds? Can i do more stuff on 360 than ps3 or what?
360 uses standard DVDs with the HD DVD drive being an optional extra for HD movies.

PS3 uses Blueray disks that can hold a lot more than a standard DVD and can play Blueray movies.

DVD single layer - 4.7 GB, DVD dual layer - 8.5 GB
Blueray single layer - 25 GB, Blueray dual layer - 50 GB
HD DVD single layer - 15 GB, HD DVD dual layer - 30 GB

In the future Blueray could go up to 200 GB though.

In terms of gaming it dosent make much difference at the moment though as no developer is going to fill up a Blueray disk, a game that big would just cost too much to make so the only games that might even come close are future PS3 exclusives. Multiplatform games are usually developed with the 360 in mind first though so they are virtually identical on both formats.

raisinghelen said:
360 uses standard DVDs with the HD DVD drive being an optional extra for HD movies.

PS3 uses Blueray disks that can hold a lot more than a standard DVD and can play Blueray movies.

DVD single layer - 4.7 GB, DVD dual layer - 8.5 GB
Blueray single layer - 25 GB, Blueray dual layer - 50 GB
HD DVD single layer - 15 GB, HD DVD dual layer - 30 GB

In the future Blueray could go up to 200 GB though.

In terms of gaming it dosent make much difference at the moment though as no developer is going to fill up a Blueray disk, a game that big would just cost too much to make so the only games that might even come close are future PS3 exclusives. Multiplatform games are usually developed with the 360 in mind first though so they are virtually identical on both formats.

:thumbsup: Nice post.

will x-box 360 allow me to surf the net like the wii does? Now multiplayer onlines games aren't for me. But whats the mnost voilent game for 360 any of you recommend? So let me get this straight blu-ray and HD are same quility? does 360 have VC channel like the wii? or what is this ps3 home thingy people r talking about? if i buy 360, can I buy castlevania SOTN which i would love to play again.

castlezelda said:
will x-box 360 allow me to surf the net like the wii does? Now multiplayer onlines games aren't for me. But whats the mnost voilent game for 360 any of you recommend? So let me get this straight blu-ray and HD are same quility? does 360 have VC channel like the wii? or what is this ps3 home thingy people r talking about? if i buy 360, can I buy castlevania SOTN which i would love to play again.
Im not sure about the 360 having a web browser yet or not.

Both 360 and PS3 have downloadable games, either on Xbox Live Arcade or the Playstation Store.

I think both the 360 and PS3 have downloadable versions of Castlevania SOTN too.

This is really easy. KEEP the Wii and GET a 360.
360 is superior to PS3, cheaper, has more and better games, and has far superior online capabilities. The PS3 is not worth it as this point.
But the Wii has games no other system will ever have which is awesome.
I have a 360 AND a Wii, and it's the best combo in the world!

The L.S said:
Personally, I like the 360. Yes it has technical issues, but its not nearly as bad as some people say. It has as good as graphics as the PS3, and its cheaper. Good library of games since its been out for 2 years compared to the PS3 1.

Have you tried the RE for Wii? Those are mature games.

its not cheaper its more then the ps3 now

no its not the

xbox360 arcade is 279.99

ps3 40gig is 399.99

Last edited:
Uh once again... Yes it is... PS3's cheapest console is still more expensive than Xbox's 2nd cheapest. Xbox = $270, $350, then $450. Seriously, kronau how many lies/misinformed info are you going to give on these forums?

Xbox 360 does not have a Web browser, then again why would you really need one? 360 does indeed have a VC channel like Wii, but with alot more games. PS3 has one too, but with a little bit of games. PS3 and 360 can both download demos, but PS3 has a very small amount compared to 360 which has over a 100 demos you can download.

So far it looks like you are more of a hardcore gamer and you like online capabilities. I would point you in the direction of the 360. It has a big selection of more mature type games and alot of them are AAA titles. Gears of War, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Bioshock, The Orange Box, etc. The list goes on. PS3 has some titles, but not as much as 360. Though this year they are releasing more titles.

Btw, those games that you said you already own for the Wii. Those games are like childsplay compared to what 360 already has. In all seriousness if you want the best out of gameplay, get 360 along with the Wii you already have. Its the best combo and costs the same as a 80gig PS3. The only downside is paying $50 for 13 month online subscription ($4 a month). But IMO thats really cheap and its not much of a downside, plus you can usually find the card on sale for $40. There used to be technical issues with Xbox overheating and getting the Red Ring of Death. But its been improved with the current Xbox consoles. Besides even if it does mess up, you have a 3 year warranty where they repair it for free. Since you already have a Wii, you could always play that while you wait. Though ive had my Xbox for a long time and its still like new.

Back