System Update is goofy

Altruist

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2007
Anyone else have problems on their first system update? I've had my system for maybe a month or 2 now and I don't have wireless set up in my apartment (it's campus owned and they are actually ridiculous enough to have a ban on wireless internet just to ensure that everyone using the internet is paying $50 a month or something). Anyways, I've only been able to attempt the system update a couple times as a result. Every time I try to update the thing, it stalls LONG before it's complete. I've seen it get anywhere from about 1-15% (judging by the size of the bar). I've tried this on 3 or 4 different wireless connections now (all with either 2/3 or full connectivity) and the same thing happens everytime (and it usually takes an hour or so even to get to 10 or 15%). What can I do about this?????????

Everything I've tried it on has been a non-campus connection (homes of 2 friends who live close to campus, a church connection, and I think one other though I can't remember what connection it was...)

Actually, I just read something about the LAN converters that just plug in through USB. If I got one of those, I'd probably be good, right? I just don't want to spend $30 (half the cost of a new game) and get something that might not even work for what I need.

Byuakuya said:
then have you checked if the router where you tried were set to 1 or 11?
Hmm? No. I don't really know what you mean. :p

Hmm... I'll have to keep that in mind next time I try. If I had to guess, I'd say that it's probably set to 1 at first though?

All right, cool, will do. It'll probably be a week or so before I get another chance to try though...

Altruist said:
All right, cool, will do. It'll probably be a week or so before I get another chance to try though...
cool. hope you get it to work. also get some VC games if you are into it.:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's actually why I signed on here in the first place (to get some info on something related to VC), but I realized I might be able to get some help with the connection.

well the router channel is set to 6 by default, so ya change it to 1 or 11, mine wouldnt even work with 6, but as soon as i changed it to 1, bam, online..and everything workin fast!because that same thing happened to me, this is prolly the reason u r having trouble, wish ya luck!

Back