System Update Problem

Sanskiwi said:
I have the same disappointing problem.

But, I'm also very... uninclined in the whole internety/computer field. So the suggestions are not making any sense to me.

I do know that I am using a linksys router...

Can anyone give me a little more detailed help or help me with computer jargon? Thank you sooo much!

(Nintendo doesn't answer!)

Mate - I have a linksys WAG354G and was havng some problems doing the wii updates etc etc..... go into your router settings and change you broadcast channel to channel 1, this should help as all linksys are set to channel 11 i think ....let me know if this helps

thapranksta said:
I guess it's not just me huh? My second update froze before it started good. It's still frozen now. :yikes: LOL.

Your signal isnt strong enough on your router, change the broadcasting channel.....

agu320 said:
hiii..i have the same problem on the second update but this one frozes like in the 5 perecent and im using a toshiba router with a 256kps conection and the router is beside the Wii...so i dont know what to dooo!!!!...if some one know how to mke this work please reply..

Try changing the broadcasting channel in your router, it will be trial and error,

jerseyjames said:
Same thing happened to me - anyone have any idea what is being updated in this process? Is this like a BIOS flash? From the number of posts about it, seems the process is a bit flaky... Had a similar problem with Windows update frying my OS so badly that I had to rebuild the PC. I then disabled Windows updates - it would be nice for Nintendo to ASK if I would like a system update before starting instead of forcing it on a perfectly functioning console. If I can get the Wii working again, I think I will take it off the internet to avoid future problems.

actually, wii asks for confirmation if you want to update or not.. there's a big yes/no where you can point to when it asks for confirmation. :cool: :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

are you using a wireless router .... i had the same problem until i called nintendo and a recording told me to have the router on channel 1 or 11 ..... i used both and i never had a problem after that

Back