Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sytem Repair for SSBB

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by ChaldoG, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ChaldoG

ChaldoG WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5297-4023-7522-9192
    5297-4023-7522-9192
    Many people have had problems with their wii read ssbb and nintendo said that ssb has a large memory capacity and some wii's can read it. So they are offering a free repair service to clean your wii for it to work better.

Has anyone done it yet?

Heres the link http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us_ssbb.jsp

2. Chewtoy

Chewtoy WiiChat Member

I just logged on to see why my SSBB isn't working and whala! WTF is up with that man!? Totally sucks...

3. Chewtoy

Chewtoy WiiChat Member

Does anyone know how to submit the repair form? There is no submit button or anything... I fill it out and then what?

4. ChaldoG

ChaldoG WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5297-4023-7522-9192
    5297-4023-7522-9192
  5. CaKe EaTer

Well mine works. That sucks for the rest of ya! :lol:
    JK i'm sorry.

6. brief12

brief12 WiiChat Member

That is all well and good for nintendo to state that the disk read error is likely due to dust; even better they will repair it for free. My issue is all of my other games play just fine, and I just had my nintendo repaired (system update so I could connect wirelessly through my cable provider). You would think they would go ahead and clean the darn thing while they had it. I wonder if it is really due to a dirty lens or maybe they will just quietly do an update so this dual layer disk can be read properly.

7. Chewtoy

Chewtoy WiiChat Member

I think you misunderstood me, but I figured it out any way. The issue was there was no "Submit" button on the repair form for me. The reason was because I was using the google auto fill feature to fill in all of my info. I guess the website wasn't registering it for some reason and the Submit button doesn't appear until all of the info is typed in. Thanks anyway!

8. rabownz

rabownz WiiChat Member

print it after you fill it out:lol:

9. rabownz

rabownz WiiChat Member

then take it to your nearest game store they will send it in

10. Chewtoy

Chewtoy WiiChat Member

I guess reading and comprehension isn't taught in school any more...

11. Vancouver

Vancouver WiiChat Member

I sent my console in last week to be "cleaned". Kudos to Nintendo for returning it in the 1-week period they said they would. However, IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!!! Same "can't read disk" error as before, 5 minutes after it's out of the packaging.

There's no way this is a dust problem, and Nintendo knows it. Unless they've decided to get into the game console cleaning business, something else is going on.

I'm just about done with Nintendo. This once-loyal customer has been abused enough.

12. Chewtoy

Chewtoy WiiChat Member

Are you going to send it back to them? Did you send it to them with the SSBB disk like you're supposed to? It's stupid of them if they sent it back without testing it...Keep us updated as mine is in the shop right now.

13. 2muchVCs

2muchVCs WiiChat Member

I'm a little disappointed in the whole thing as well. But since i'm a die-hard Brawl fan, I decided to go throught with it starting tomorrow.

Mine has been working, but it doesn't sound very good when playing it, so i figured what the heck. If it's free, i'll give it a try. Hopefully mine will come back better than before, and good luck to all the others that have to do the same thing.