Tatsunoko Vs Capcom best controller question

gino_76ph

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2010
London, England
i have a brand new Wii and so far i'm loving it especially TvC. but i noticed there are several ways to play it on controllers. what i mean is you have to use a nunchuk attached in order to shift/change players mid-game and you can't do this with just the wii-mote alone. is this true? can swapping characters be best with a classic controller you think?

like i said i have noticed that you have to connect the nunchuk to the wii-mote in order to initiate a switch (i.e. back + X button i think) but can you not do that on just the wii-mote itself? do you think it's better having a classic controller to enjoy full use of all moves, etc.?

You CAN do it with JUST the wii remote. Did you read the manual? Hold back on the d-pad and press B. It wouldnt make sense to offer a controle scheme and only allow certain ones to have all abilities.

I dont recommend using this controll style as your finger with accidently hit the B button causing unwanted assist attacks.

i did not find the way how to switch characters on the manual. all i heard was press back + shaking the wiimote which IMO is a bit awkward and fiddly.

the wiimote is fun and simple in playing TvC. i just thought if i can "mimic" the controls (i.e. the "easy" config) on the classic controller that's all.

is holding back + D the way to switch characters via the wiimote?

would you say the wiimote is still the ideal controller in playing TvC?

Words of wisdom: dont use the motion actions, they arent mandatory and theyre sometimes unresponsive. Simply hold back on the d-pad while pressing the B button and you will switch when just using the wiimote.

The wiimote and wiimote+nunchuck where made for having more simpler controls since they have less buttons than the game cube or classic controller.

Personaly I prefer the wiimote+nunchuk. The buttons are far enough apart where I dont have to worry about hitting the wrong one and after a while with the wiimote by itself, your hands could start to cramp.

Back