Taz on VC?

Hotspur Warrior

Mmmmmm. Wii.
Dec 27, 2006
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
7758-1065-4612-2696
Could the original Taz game (screenshots posted below to jog your memory/recall good times) on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis be available for the VC? I'm not asking whether it will be on there or not, because your guess would be as good as mine. It's just that most of you are in the know about what company owns what game, and whether that company is likely to support the Wii's VC. So what I'm asking is, is there at least the possibility of the game appearing on the VC or are there rights issues in the way?

I know that it was on a SEGA console (the Mega Drive/Genesis) and that SEGA are supporting the Wii's VC, but I don't know details in depth about who made the game and whatnot. I hope it does make an appearance, because it is still one of my favourite games of all time and I'd absolutely loved to play it again. If it was released, I'd be slinging Wii points at Nintendo within minutes.

MD_-_Taz_Mania.jpg

Taz-Mania%20(SS).png

Taz-Mania_gen_ScreenShot2.jpg

Nintendo_Addict said:
Yeah if you download the rom and figure out a way to put it on the Wii then it can work for the Wii.
I'm not asking about roms, I'm asking about the proper, legal version released by Nintendo onto the VC.

i highly doubt we will see lisenced games hit the virtual console. Although i'd love to see Taz-Mania for SNES i liked that whole pseduo 3D it had.

Back