Teacher Strike

Jun 22, 2007
USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Well as you probably guessed by the title, the teachers in my school district are striking soon. They have 2 meetings left, but no one suspects any resolutions for pay, health benefits, etc.

I was just wondering if any of your teachers went on strike. It sucks because we might not have any spring break and a shorter summer.

My middle school was on strike for a short time, but the problem was resolved quicker than I was hoping for.

Hopefully your school resolves their situation soon though, no spring break and a shorter summer would be just brutal. I am sure they will though, most of these tend to not last too long.

Well, the strike is set for Tuesday, the 29th. I heard that they can only go for 2 weeks, but I think they can go longer if you take away almost all of spring break + 2 weeks.

They haven't had a contract for about a year though, so it's looking pretty grim right now.

Well that sucks. Shorter summer? I'd be pissed as hell. It's too short already. Hope the teachers get what they want.

I've experienced 2 teacher's strikes.
Both lasted 2 weeks, and didn't result in us having shorter vacation periods.
It was kind of amazing.

^^Really?? Wow, we have to go 180 days a year before some date in June. They'll do whatever it takes for us to sit at that school for 7 hours...

Well, they striked. Soo...I guess I'll be here a good bit over the next week or two weeks. Depends on how long they'll strike for.

God I'm glad I graduated High School :p but ya that's unfortunate.

You mean you guys get your school time extended into your breaks? If they strike it's not your fault. Go into a student strike, teach those bastards.

Yeah we'll only get a few days of break if they strike for a long time. It really sucks...

DRMARIO said:
Our teachers weren't on strike..But our Teaching Assistants were. The school seemed so empty without them running round like headless chickens XD

Oh you got that too!

Yeah, none of my teachers ahev ever went on strike, but all of the assistants and dinner ladies could. But, they didn't, I don't know, they were still working out of their own decency.

Back