tech peoples! question on component cables

Scuba Kid

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
Wii Online Code
6069-2332-3129-0150
I have a 51" rear projection Sony Wega TV. I think this TV has a pretty good picture for a non-HD TV, however im pretty sure that it does have component cables in the back. Thus far, I have only ever used the standard composite cables. My question is, how much of a difference would i see in picture if i switched to component cables? will i only see a big change with an HD TV? I'm just wondering if its worth the extra money down the line.

its got progressive scan so it would be at its highest quality if you got component cables cause yours is prolly almost hd just like the wii

so yes you would probably see a good difference

you will see a difference, the colors will be much more vibrant even though your tv isnt hd. I just got my cable from nintendo wow what a difference

yeah its a big difference. the wii uses Y'PbPr style component cables opposed to the regular RGB components. if your tv is kind of on the older side, i'd check it your tv can accept these.

Of course a TV having component doesn't mean it can support 480p too, your best bet is to check the manual that came with it. However, most people don't seem to keep the manual.

yea dude get the cables. what are you waiting for. :) your experience in gaming will grow a worthy percent with the better cables.

Back