Tekken 5 to Ps3

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Credit: IGN.com

December 6, 2006 - The PlayStation Network is off to a slow start, but things are going to get a lot more interesting in the near future. According to Japan's Famitsu Weekly, Bandai Namco will be releasing a version of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection for the download service. A release date and pricing information were not announced.

This version of Tekken 5 is based off the arcade update that powered the recent PSP entry in the series. The PS3 version will feature full 1080p visuals and the playable debut of boss character Jinpachi, who was unplayable in the arcade version. The various modes found in the arcade game, including arcade battle, ghost battle and gallery, will also be updated for the PS3 version.

At the very least, this ought to hold Tekken fanatics over until Bandai Namco is ready to start talking about Tekken 6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, the only reason I believe that Namco has done this is because of the shitty glitches that it had with it's Ps2 version, and if it's going to be the price of 59.99 for one extra character that I won't even use, it's totally not worth it.

Pecky said:
I thought we were on at least Tekken 11 by now.

No, that's a bit over exaggerating. Here's for what systems it came out on:

PSOne:

Tekken
Tekken 2
Tekken 3

Gameboy Advance:

Tekken Advance (Tekken 3)

Ps2:

Tekken 4

Tekken Tag Tournament

Death By Degrees (an action game starring Tekken fighter, Nina Williams, playable Tekken 5 demo.)

Tekken 5 (Also a Tekken 5 premium pack was released, which is an arcade style joystick along with a tin foiled cover.)

Kamikaze said:
No, that's a bit over exaggerating. Here's for what systems it came out on:

PSOne:

Tekken
Tekken 2
Tekken 3

Gameboy Advance:

Tekken Advance (Tekken 3)

Ps2:

Tekken 4

Tekken Tag Tournament

Death By Degrees (an action game starring Tekken fighter, Nina Williams, playable Tekken 5 demo.)

Tekken 5 (Also a Tekken 5 premium pack was released, which is an arcade style joystick along with a tin foiled cover.)

So 8 games then? :rolleyes:

Technically seven games, the ported version to the Gameboy Advance is for Nintendo and not Sony. And Death by Degrees is more of an adventure/shooter starring a character from the Tekken series. I also happened to forget to mention the new Tekken for the PSP, Tekken Dark Resurrection.

Lol
Tekkens past it now
Bring on Virtua Fighter 5
The 3D (ish) beat em up for gamers

Smash Bros. and Tekken are two entirely different fighting games. And Virtua Fighter sucks, the movements are way to slow for a fighting game, it feels as if they're all senior citizens in a retirement center attempting to pull of some fancy martial arts moves.

Back