Tekken Designer Katsuhiro Harada Impressed With Wii U

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
[FONT=&amp]
maura-albums-news-picture9727-tekken-wii-u.JPG

Eurogamer reports today on an interview by Nintendo Gamer with Katsuhiro Harada who is currently working on Tekken Wii U, and therefore has some very interesting insights to offer on his experiences of working with Nintendo’s new console. Harada says that he has been very impressed by the 60fps running of the game on the Wii U, telling Nintendo Gamer, “the first time I saw Wii U, I thought, ‘isn’t the delay longer than one frame? If it is, it’s going to be difficult for fighting games.’ But when I heard that the latency actually isn’t more than 1/60[SUP]th[/SUP] second I was really happy.” Harada also said that the Tekken development team’s aim is to fix the frame rate of the game at 60, “so it becomes a match about movements and no longer a match about visuals.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Harada also told Nintendo Gamer that he thinks that Nintendo does not intend to try and make the Wii U graphically superior to the XBox 360 or the PS3, preferring instead to focus on the unique features provided by the touchscreen controller. For example, one idea that Harada has is to have a game’s strategy guide running on the controller screen at the same time as you are playing the game. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“It would be useful if we could, for example, distribute an enhanced digital version of the guide that the player could see while playing, and even touch to have a live preview of the main screen.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Another idea for the second screen put forward by Harada is to let the player use it to customize or redesign a character by drawing on the screen. The more you hear game designers talking about the Wii U and what they can do with it, the more exciting it gets![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-28-tekken-wii-u-60fps-low-image-latency[/FONT]

Well lets hope Tekkan comes to the Wii U

It's definitely coming! The above screenshot is from the demo video of the Wii U game. I would think it may well even be a launch game!

Nintendo does not intend to try and make the Wii U graphically superior to the XBox 360 or the PS3

I hope that's not the case, admittedly... I'm gonna love the WiiU, next gen graphics or not, but if it's nothing more than a buffed up WiiU in terms of the graphics capabilities, I'll be disappointed.

[FONT=&]Another idea for the second screen put forward by Harada is to let the player use it to customize or redesign a character by drawing on the screen. The more you hear game designers talking about the Wii U and what they can do with it, the more exciting it gets![/FONT]

That's... cool. Even Soul Calibur 5's customization couldn't compete with it.

Back