Television help please!

North99

Banned
Jan 1, 2007
Ok. Sooooo I'm gonna be poor soon, cause I have spending problems. I figure I will take 2 or 3k and throw it at a Tv.

This is what I want in it, and what I want it for.

-I want it to be HD capable.
-Must be widescreen
-Has to have a 'Sleep' feature
-Has to have at least a couple plug in spots so i can plug the Wii and the PS2 and possibly a DVD player into it at once, without having to pull the tv back and fiddle with the plugs every time I want to change it.
-I like brand names for electronics. I'm not looking for the best deal so much as a good quality tv for my purpose.
-I dont have HD Cable, I don't have a HD DVD player. I just have regular analog(thats what its called, right?) signal from my cable company. I am not a huge tv fan. I hate sports. Mostly when the TV is on it is playing Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, King of the Hill, and the Animal Planet station. I want to still be able to watch these things as clearly as I can watch them on my older Samsung tube tv.
-I see that the Wii has HD plugins. I want to use that.
-I want the Super Nintendo(or N64) System's picture to come in as clearly as its ever came in on my tube tvs.
-I want to be able to plug additional speakers into the tv. My Samsung tube wont let me.
-It would be nice if it is compatible with my Universal Shaw Remote Control, but I guess I can live with it if it doesnt.
-It will not be hanging on a wall. It will be mounted on a stand.

I know its quite a list. I am hoping the price wont be much more than $2000...

I really appreciate any help you can give me. Also, I am in Canada. I dont know if this makes a difference.

Thanks..

size wise....... looking for between 36-46"

my living room isnt massive.

Ever hears of your highstreet stores websites, have a look, u know what you want.
it sounds as if you want a tv, that is the best it can be at the moment, you don't really need it, but you want it anyway.

and of course your universal remote will work with it, hence the name!

never heard of highstreet, i guess i'll check it out. but i live in a screwy city and not everywhere delivers here, and if possible i'd like to get it locally so if i have problems i can have someone fix it. i have thebrick.com to choose from, and leons offers delivery and service here i believe. also the source, but i havent seen much of anything there. Might consider futureshop, as its in the closest city to me(which is still 4.5 hours drive away).

but you are right, i dont NEED it. i just want Yoshi to look bigger, i want Donkey Kong Country to come through on my speakers, and I want to watch movies on widescreen without having the side bits hacked off. And without any loss to picture quality.

Try Best Buy or Circuit City.
You could probably find a good priced TV with those specs there.
I gaurentee it.

Plus Circuit City has that sale for the free Surround Sound system when you buy a 60" HDTV right now.
I just watched the commercial but I'm not sure how long it lasts.

i have NO WHERES to go locally to LOOK at tvs. Thats why I'm posting here for opinions from people who CAN. I am not gonna make a 9hr drive to LOOK at a tv.

North99 said:
i have NO WHERES to go locally to LOOK at tvs. Thats why I'm posting here for opinions from people who CAN. I am not gonna make a 9hr drive to LOOK at a tv.

damn, where the hell do you live?

At least someone tell me.... for what ive described...... should i get plasma or lcd?

Back