Tetris is Coming to WiiWare - Online Play Included

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Generally regarded as one of the greatest videogames of all time, Tetris has just been confirmed as a WiiWare release.

The most exciting aspect of this update is the ability to play online against people all over the world; according to the Japanese press release up to 6 people can participate in block-based multiplayer madness, which makes us very happy indeed.

The controls are also getting an upgrade to make the most of the Wii’s unique motion sensing technology, but we would imagine the standard d-pad control is available too. However, we have to admit that the allure of playing motion-sensitive Tetris is considerable.

The game is being produced by Hudson in conjunction with The Tetris Company. The release date is Summer 2008.

linkage

Everyone loves a bit of tetris..sweet. And 6 players? Woah nice.

I hope theres an option to control it like on Dr. Mario for the WiiWare, because that looks freaking sweet.

Great news! Perhaps my mother can play the gamen ow :3

i won't buy any software that doesn't support headsets! and the graphics are so.... blocky :p

:lol::lol:

Sounds decent, WiiWare has a mix of things offered to us, Gems like Final Fantasy, then run o' the mill stuff like Tetris, which is good. We won't be seeing an actual Wii Tetris this way :lol:

Back