Texting during school. RANT.

when is said that i didn't mean any kind of sarcasm towards you or anything....i meant like school administrators have to realize that more and more students have cell phones at yyounger ages. And like I said, I don't think they should be used in class either.....but I do think they should be allowed to be in possession of them for emergency use, or extra curricular activities.

I never used mine in class, but I always had it in my bag so I could call for a ride after volleyball practice, musical practice, drumline practice. etc.

That changed my junior/senior year though since i always had a ride home anyway.

but i r homskoold soes i dont need a selfone.

I swear, those things kill brain cells by the ton.

Every time I see someone "texting" instead of talking, I want to freaking punch them in the face.

Have you read the CNN article about people using leet like 'u' and 'btw' in their college works? It's just plain out stupid.

And the stupid shall inherit the Earth, is how it's seeming. I can't wait for my generation to grab the world with force...

"Happy" New Years, everyone.

tank said:
when is said that i didn't mean any kind of sarcasm towards you or anything....i meant like school administrators have to realize that more and more students have cell phones at yyounger ages. And like I said, I don't think they should be used in class either.....but I do think they should be allowed to be in possession of them for emergency use, or extra curricular activities.

I never used mine in class, but I always had it in my bag so I could call for a ride after volleyball practice, musical practice, drumline practice. etc.

That changed my junior/senior year though since i always had a ride home anyway.

It's all about temptation, and faced with some boring lesson that they hate, people are obviously going to use their phones in class.

dakuda said:
I will agree that technology has changed since I was in school. However, I know of no lesson plan that requires cell phone usage. Therefore, since school is for learning, and no lessons require cell phones, cell phones are not needed in schools.

Society has changed, and it has not been an improvement. There is less respect generally, and more feelings of entitlement across the board. I know every generation says and sees this. I now know why.

The only thing a school has to provide you with is a education. However, the expectations and responsibilities placed on school staff have far surpassed that lately. Additionally, it is amazing the things that parents let their kids get away with nowadays. I see kids talk back to their parents, in meetings with school officials, and the parent just takes it. I think they need to make spanking permissible again. That will fix quite a few problems while the kids are growing up.

Eh, I am rambling.

This fellow/fellowette speaks the truth.

On a further note. Got my first ACT scores in.
Seems I've got better grammar than 90% of the country ;D
28 on the English, babe!

And then a 21 on the reading. FAIL.
i nid maor tym.

Pfft... You all are essentially the man, trying to keep me down. I propose free texting anywhere/anytime. :D

Only joking...well kinda.

Hahaha, do you really trust those percentages, Trulen?

I am supposedly in the 99th percentile... How stupid can America REALLY be?

I was out on my evening walk a couple of days ago, and there were two people walking the opposite way on the sidewalk..both of them were holding their phone up to their face (it was dark out and not much street light on that street) and texting away as they're walking. :lol:

AtomicB said:
but i r homskoold soes i dont need a selfone.

I swear, those things kill brain cells by the ton.

Every time I see someone "texting" instead of talking, I want to freaking punch them in the face.

Have you read the CNN article about people using leet like 'u' and 'btw' in their college works? It's just plain out stupid.

And the stupid shall inherit the Earth, is how it's seeming. I can't wait for my generation to grab the world with force...

"Happy" New Years, everyone.
u and btw aren't leet...

Back