Tha Best Nintendo DS Games

Cap'n Crunch

WiiChat Member
Nov 8, 2006
Indiana
So I know people hate these threads, but I really would like to know the best DS games to own. I would really like to get back into playing handheld games, so if you could just recommend some of the best games on the DS(your favorite games that you've played) to me that would be great, thanks.

All time best games for the Ds:
-1st:Metriod prime hunters
-2nd:pokemon: platinum
-3rd:Castlevania(any)
-4rd:Mario kart Ds
-5th:Animal crossing Ww.

Metriod Has the best wi-fi playing of any ds game. Its probably died down alot, but the online game was ruled by clans. It was very fun for 2years. Never got bored of it. But if you dont have wi-fi, dont get it. Same with animal crossing. Castlvania is really fun for the first few times, but gets boring eventually.

^ dont forget that that is your opinion.

Heres mine

Disgaea DS
Its not for people with out time

Hogisami remix
Like a shorter Disgaea with less character

Jump ultimate stars
A decent anime game?

Resident evil
Good conversion

All time best games for the Ds:
-1st:Metriod prime hunters
-2nd:pokemon: platinum
-3rd:Castlevania(any)
-4rd:Mario kart Ds
-5th:Animal crossing Ww.

Metriod Has the best wi-fi playing of any ds game. Its probably died down alot, but the online game was ruled by clans. It was very fun for 2years. Never got bored of it. But if you dont have wi-fi, dont get it. Same with animal crossing. Castlvania is really fun for the first few times, but gets boring eventually.

thanks, Pokemon seems convincing

^ dont forget that that is your opinion.

Heres mine

Disgaea DS
Its not for people with out time

Hogisami remix
Like a shorter Disgaea with less character

Jump ultimate stars
A decent anime game?

Resident evil
Good conversion

thanks, i may check out resident evil

As previously mentioned by Lastwords, Pokemon Platinum is a great RPG. I would personally recommend it as well; however, if you're not an RPG fan, I really would stray away from it. If you liked any of the past pokemon games, or just want to give it a shot, you can certainly go for it though.

... Anyways.

Chrono Trigger for the DS is something I've yet to get my hands on, but everyone I know who has it gives it a thumbs up. You should really look into this masterpiece of an RPG.

Mario Kart DS, as previously mentioned, is a classic Mario Kart game. I can imagine the price has gone down since it's such an old game, but old or not, it's a great one. Definatly something to look into.

The World Ends With You (yes, that's the full title) is another great RPG. It's unique 2 screen gameplay, combined with it's unique core gameplay make it a very original and fun game. Combined with a fitting soundtrack and a constantly shifting story full of entertainment (although it may not be for everyone), it's an absolutely wonderful game. This game has loads to do, and is just plain epic. Any RPG fan must look into it; it's another one of Square Enix's masterpieces.

If you've ever been a Mario fanatic and wanted to experience the good times of 2D, New Super Mario Bros. is a great game. There's a good amount of gameplay, and the new levels and elements bring a great rebirth to the 2D Mario franchise. It's definatly a great game to look into.

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is a must-have for any Zelda fans, including myself. Although it's one of the easiest Zelda games, it's still an engaging and fun game. There's tons of stuff to do pre-story and post-story, and the gameplay is just engrossing. All in all, it's another epic Zelda game.

That's pretty much all I can think of for now. Hope this helps increase your game library. :thumbsup:

Jump ultimate stars
A decent anime game?

You'd have to port stuff from a website like playasia.com, no? That's a hassle... and all for a non-translated game.

Last edited:
I think everybody knows that Zeldas a good game as there havent been any naff ones on a Nintendo console
You'd have to port stuff from a website like playasia.com, no? That's a hassle... and all for a non-translated game.
I got threw most of the main mode with no guide.
There was only a few missions that I couldn't figure out.
But other than that it was a pretty solid game. You do need to know about different anime/manga to understand why some characters can be teamed up and witch ones cant.

Its a otakus dream

Its not the first game ive played that was mostly in Japanese.

DS games?

42 All time classics (clubhouse games for the Americans)
Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart DS
Pokemon Diamond / Pearl
Professor Layton

Jump Ultimate Stars is great, but Super Robot Wars K(IT HAS FAFNER) & W(VOLTROOON), Gundam 00 DS, Tales of Hearts, etc. All awesome.

Jump Ultimate Stars is great, but Super Robot Wars K(IT HAS FAFNER) & W(VOLTROOON), Gundam 00 DS, Tales of Hearts, etc. All awesome.

Fafner? Or Fafnir? >_>;

Pokemon Platinum

Fixed.

Platinum is superior to Diamond/Pearl in every way, just to note. More pokemon to catch (including legendaries), much more wi-fi capacity, and the mechanics are fine tuned. Gameplay is also sped up without needless intervals, so you don't have to wait a second just for your attack animation to start, etc. The graphics also seem slightly more trim, IMO.

It comes out in Europe May 22nd as well, correct? That's not too far off, yeah?

Fafner Fafner Fafner!!! Not the norse dragon!!

Sokyuu no Fafner
soukyuu_no_fafner_azure_nowhere_ost.jpg

I really like the DS as a diversion while I'm in a waiting room, or on an airplane, or listening to a TV show...so I'm not as into the more immersive games on this console. I feel like for more intense games, I like a larger screen. So, this is more my puzzle & minigame console. That said, these are the games you'll have to pry from my cold, dead hands:

Tetris DS
Space Invaders Extreme
Rhythm Heaven
Big Bang Mini

I also play a lot of My (Language) Coach but don't really consider those as "games" so much as a learning tool, so I don't think they count.

Some of the new puzzle games on DSi, particularly Aquia and Dr. Mario Express are pretty addictive too.

Thanks so far to everyone who has commented. Hey what do you guys think about Ninga Gaiden, it's only $15 at Target?

Back