The Agency

That looks like an MMO id be into. No more point click snore.

"The game is developed by SOE Seattle, a new branch for the company formed partly by members of Microsoft's ambitious but unfortunately canceled Mythica project."

Thats hilarious. Sony's giving people from other companies jobs. <3 SONY.

You thinking about getting this one Cel?

Meh. Looks like hype, again. Plus SOE is making it. So it'll be fun until they nerf it. Like they do with SWG, EQ1, EQ2, Vanguard... Wait Vanguard was broken day 1. Nevermind.

I'm definitely getting this one, I love how they're making things that are just amazing, like Home... and this..

sagema said:
Meh. Looks like hype, again. Plus SOE is making it. So it'll be fun until they nerf it. Like they do with SWG, EQ1, EQ2, Vanguard... Wait Vanguard was broken day 1. Nevermind.

lol, the usual sony hate from you sagema. If sony invented a cure for aids, you would say that everyone cured by it is a sony employee and that its all hype too. lol

Whats all hype? lol how is it different from any other MMO out there. It seems that if this is all hype, then so is every other game announced for every other system as well. SWG is still being played to this day, so is EQ and EQ2. They all have decent player bases, that says a lot. As for vanguard... did you forget? It was once a microsoft vista title, but microsoft dropped it because it was "too ambitious". Sony gave Sigil the money to continue production. Ouch4u.

Sometimes I wonder if you and NFanboy are related.

Shiftfallout said:
It was once a microsoft vista title, but microsoft dropped it because it was "too ambitious". Sony gave Sigil the money to continue production. Ouch4u.
Sony does that a lot. I dont see how they are a bad company that doesnt care if they give people who were fired jobs.

I played a lot of Sony games. I probably spent more time on MMOs than any other genre. Especially EQ1-2. I'm not venting my hatred to Sony. I'm explaining how games like WoW can desimate SOE because they don't aim for the casual gamer enough. EQ1-2 has a player population of 450,000. Where WoW has a player population of almost 9 million. SOE needs to change the way they make these MMOs overall or face a series of Vanguard failures.

I dont think so. If all mmorpgs started catering to the casual gamer, then there goes the good ol RPG. We need choices on the market, and to be honest, this push for casual gamer friendly games only ends up dumbing down the game genre as a whole. Many Casual gamers feel entitled to have every game playable with their patience, mentality, and life. I dissagree with that, I think there needs to be games that are casual and games that are not casual. Simple as that.

EQ isnt known to be a casual gamer friendly franchise, nor should it change its ways just to be so. Though I think EQ2 wasnt as good as EQ1, it still wasnt a bad mmo. Vanguard was created by one of the guys behind EQ1. So why expect anything else.

Back