The best boxing game on Wii

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, If you don't remenber the last boxing games on Wii, I will tell you all the Wii boxing games to date. (In order from the best to the worse).

Don King Boxing (the best and most realistic boxing game to date, only if EA wants to release Fight Night Round 4 for Wii next year, I hope so).

Ready 2 Rumble Revolution (the best cartoonish boxing game, even better than Punch-Out, becose it's more fun and the graphics are better).

Face Breaker K.O. Party ( the best boxing game with arcade style, better graphics than Punch-Out too).

Punch-Out (The same clasic game from Nintendo with updated graphics and gameplay).

Showtime Championship Boxing (It's better than the cartoonish games, but the graphics don't look like realistic as Don King Boxing).

Victorious Boxers Revolution ( the most worse game in the list, cartoonish and not realistic).

Ok, choose by yourself!!
What it's the best boxing game on Wii for you?

Last edited:
Most of these haven't even come out yet and yet your saying which are better than others.

Well, in my oppinion Punch-out looks the best. Really its the only one I plan to get.

I think that Wii Sports Boxing is the best so far.

Don King Boxing sounds like it could be interesting as it has balance board support for improved movement. It didn't rate particully well on the other consoles though so it will depend on how much they have tailored the game for the Wii. If it's a downgraded port with waggle added then it wouldn't be good.

Punch Out!! will no doubt be the most polished and fun.

I think that Wii Sports Boxing is the best so far.

I don't like Wii Sports Boxing at all. It does not have (or try to have) 1:1 motion tracking, which is ESSENTIAL for a good Wii boxing game IMO. Instead, WSB has a lame 'gesture' control system. Why didn't they let you throw a roundhouse by throwing an actual roundhouse, or an uppercut by really sending your fist/controller upwards? The whole tilt-and-turn for throwing different punches is LAME.

I think Don King will be the best game. Besides the balance board option, I believe the controls will be 1:1 (Excellent), and will have various training/fitness modes too. Exactly what I want in a boxing game.

(Seriously, who would want to move the little thumbsticks around and press buttons for a boxing game, no matter how good the graphics are!)

Haven't played any of these, except for the Wii Sports one :p which I don't think could be the best because the way it responds drives me crazy. Its good to sweat if you want it to exercise but the movement isn't good.

And of the ones mentioned I'm waiting for Punch Out. One of my faves in the old NES.

Haven't played any of these, except for the Wii Sports one :p which I don't think could be the best because the way it responds drives me crazy. Its good to sweat if you want it to exercise but the movement isn't good.

The movement is fine if you learn the gesture-based control system, as I mentioned above. It does NOT track actual punching/blocking motions, so if that is what you are doing then it will seem to have bad response. DO a search online to find the control scheme of 'gestures' that you need to play.

Back