The Best Final Fantasy Game

Final Fantasy VII is the best. FF-VI and FF-IV are the only other FF's that come close to its level of awesomeness.

I enjoy all of the Final Fantasy games (except 11, 12, and Crystal Chronicles). But the best ones for me, are FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX.

I really enjoy the characters in FFVIII, the storyline isn't the most original but it's still entertaining, and i can't help but love the Triple Triad card game on there.

umm, ill count up these votes in a min, but i have to say, most of you are not actuall giving me votes, your giving me l a kist of ones you like lol, please can you state a fave, then if u wish tell us which other ones u like, but i need only 1 vote per person :)

the final fantasies i have played are, 4,5,7,8,10,10-2

my fave 7 then 10 then 8 then 10-2, then the rest

Hmm... I like 8's characters the bestt, but I love the battle system of 7, materia was just amazing... I also loved 10's battle system... I also love the stories for every FF I've played... If I had to choose....... 10! :yesnod:

Celestial said:
Hmm... I like 8's characters the bestt, but I love the battle system of 7, materia was just amazing... I also loved 10's battle system... I also love the stories for every FF I've played... If I had to choose....... 10! :yesnod:

The thing about these systems that have in later games is that the characters kind of lose their personalities. I liked how in VI the characters were thieves, warriors, magicians, pirate gamblers, and they had their own unique move that no other character could use. In a lot of the newer ones if you unlock it then that character has that move and each character basically becomes exactly the same. Kind of takes away any unique vibe each character could have.

daviduk200 said:
umm, ill count up these votes in a min, but i have to say, most of you are not actuall giving me votes, your giving me l a kist of ones you like lol, please can you state a fave, then if u wish tell us which other ones u like, but i need only 1 vote per person :)

My vote goes for Final Fantasy VIII then.

My favorite is ff9 It had great character development all the characters except one had a use. I think the story was perfect up until the end of disc 3 thats when it started to become ff7. Oh and chocobo hot and cold I would love to have a game of that on DS its the best mini game ever.

FF IV, great storyline, great music, decent challenge, lots of characters with great and varying personalities (unlike in more recent FFs). Overall most fun to play.

Zackh321 said:
The thing about these systems that have in later games is that the characters kind of lose their personalities. I liked how in VI the characters were thieves, warriors, magicians, pirate gamblers, and they had their own unique move that no other character could use. In a lot of the newer ones if you unlock it then that character has that move and each character basically becomes exactly the same. Kind of takes away any unique vibe each character could have.
The older systems had archetypes. The newer ones have actual character development, and allowed characters to develop outside a specific "job". I thought the characters were very individual in the later ones, even if they could use magic and still hit a 9999 with a sword...

FFVIII is my fave because of the story was entertaining, the characters looked realistic, characters acted realistic (except for Zell, lol) and the battle system was good, drawing magic i liked, it was 4 discs, laguna, ward, and kiros were cool, and the music was just excellent. i love the ****ing boss theme, that is the ****!
AND THE ****ING CINEMATICS WERE ****ING GREAT FOR ITS ****ING TIME!:cornut: BETTER THAN MOST OF THE ****ING CINEMATICS I SEE ****ING TODAY IN ****ING GAMES! HARD TO ****ING BELIVE BUT ITS ****ING TRUE!:cornut: I BET YA ALOT OF ****ING PEOPLE WOULD ****ING AGREE WITH ****ING ME!!!
sorry for my ****ing language. *calms the **** down*
the junction system was good too.
in my opinion, final fantasy started going downhill since 10, i hate the battle system! active time bar is the best!
FFVII is a very close second, i like it for most of the reasons of VIII but it just didn't have as good of a "feel" or "vibe", you know what i mean?
oh and i have some questions.
1. doesn't Headmaster Cid look like Robin Williams?
2. Dont ya think Zell has ADHD?
now a statement.
if you haven't named rinoa's dog yet, switch it to the name Anal. you'll see why i told you to do this.
BTW FF8 is my fave game of all time tieing with Zelda oot.

Last edited:
FF Tactics for PSX. It has the most replay value of any FF.

After that I would pick FF1, IV, and V.

Back