The Best FPS Experience

A mouse is too easy to use..it feels like you're playin a video game. But when I moved the wii from my small 19" in my bedroom to the the big screen tv in my living room..It's in a whole different league. All I can say is try it, get used to it, and you'll love it. If you like something similar to the real-life experience.

I still think a mouse is better. The Wii will not compete in FPS's unless it lands bigger titles anyway.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it's even better when your couch and the tv is on the same level. Usually the tv is higher for some hanged tvs so try it on a large tv on the same level if you can and post what you think.

Yeah nothing will beat the sensitivity and speed of a mouse. I haven't tried dual analog really for an fps, never understood how FPSes got popular on consoles. From its release it was know the potential for wii FPSes was huge. I don't think it'll land really big titles till next gen when it has better graphics though.

This is a joke, right? Ofcourse the mouse is better. There's just no competition. I'd argue the wiimote is certainly better then dual analog, as I hate analog, but to try to compare the wiimote to a mouse? The wiimote has decent accuracy, but it's still suffers from being too jerky sometimes.

I have a 52inch tv, and I still disagree. The size does not make it a better competitor against a mouse. Mouse control ftw!

Apocalypse said:
This is a joke, right? Ofcourse the mouse is better. There's just no competition. I'd argue the wiimote is certainly better then dual analog, as I hate analog, but to try to compare the wiimote to a mouse? The wiimote has decent accuracy, but it's still suffers from being too jerky sometimes.

I have a 52inch tv, and I still disagree. The size does not make it a better competitor against a mouse. Mouse control ftw!

Is your tv on the same level as your couch? How far are you sitting from yout tv? How do you hold the wiimote? I agree w/ the mouse being the easiest to use but the wiimote I think gives you the most realistic experience and if you're looking for the most realistic then it's the best

They all do well for there own style...

If you want to be quick and accurate mouse all the way, i still use a PS style gamepad on my PC games always thought it was cheep to use a mouse... it is nothing like the real thing its funa nd all but unless your playing real people all day long, headshots of multiple COM's isnt that fun or challenging...

With the dual stick atleast you get some kinda challenge its going to break it down to some form of human skill,accuracy,speed for you to compete even agenst COM's

But for the real life feel taking the dual stick up a notch i agree you cant beat the wii mote, For once when im snipping me physically moving around will effect my aim as if it was a real gun you have to hold steady and aim not just point and click... With a list of better titles i don't think anything would top the Wii style controls in your living room... there is a reason FPS always use guns in the arcades instead of joysticks... you always use joysticks why pay the money to do the same thing you do at home?

I also kinda hate it cause i suck being so use dual stick and just starting to jump into FPS on the Wii i gotta learn all over again, but atleast im intrested in playing again and get excited... i can barely go an hour on my old FPS because of the routine... We will have to see how long the Wii style keeps us happy before we need a VR helmet or something...:lol:

bruceleroy said:
Is your tv on the same level as your couch? How far are you sitting from yout tv? How do you hold the wiimote? I agree w/ the mouse being the easiest to use but the wiimote I think gives you the most realistic experience and if you're looking for the most realistic then it's the best

Most realistic? I agree there, but that doesn't make it the best, imo.

Apocalypse said:

It is if you like realism and a more immersive game experience. In the fps games, you are aiming and shooting a weapon. That experience is captured more closely by aiming a wiimote-based controller (preferably in a gun casing) AT THE TARGETS ON THE SCREEN. Aim and shoot--that is what is going on in the game, and that is what you're physically doing. Rolling a mouse around at your side to indirectly translate a cursor on the screen is not the same at all. It may be a bit more accurate, but it is a clearly inferior control option IMO.

For example, I love playing Ghost Squad with a Nyko Perfect Shot gun, and cursor set to off, so I'm actually aiming the gun at targets on the screen and shooting. Can you play a shooting game with a mouse and turn the cursor off? Didn't think so. You're missing the 'shooting' experience with a mouse, plain and simple.

Apocalypse said:

I'm not tryin to start a debate. I'm just trying to give a recommendation to FPS fans out there. I used to think that the mouse was the best because it was the easiest, but after playing w/ the wii on a large tv, sitting on a couch that's on the same level as the tv, it was a totally brand new and more realistic=funner experience. All I'm saying is to try it if you can and I'm pretty sure you'll love it if you have all the settings right. What I haven't tried yet is Ghost Squad w/ the nyko perfect shot gun w/o the pointing reticule so you'll be doing all the aiming. That seems like fun, especially on a big screen. The realer the better imo.

Ghost squad is alright its still an on-the-rails type shooter like RE umbrella cronicals, but its just corny enough and lets you "pick your rails" a few times in the game.

Still the shooting part is just like the games that you would put endless quaters in at an arcade shooter. fun game for the money just need a partner to keep it intresting.

wezeles said:
Ghost squad is alright its still an on-the-rails type shooter like RE umbrella cronicals, but its just corny enough and lets you "pick your rails" a few times in the game.

Still the shooting part is just like the games that you would put endless quaters in at an arcade shooter. fun game for the money just need a partner to keep it intresting.

Yup. That's a key bonus in Ghost Squad--2-player co-op mode, so you can blast the bejezus out of everything with a friend!

I'm not quite sure what you guys are trying to argue here. How is the most realistic setup NOT the best setup?

If you're arguing for pc fps, what are you arguing rather than the fact that its easier? I could make a game for you in which you didn't have to aim; just click and they're dead. Best fps experience evar?

i'm sorry, but cod 4 for the 360 is the greatest fps experience created.

end of story.

Back