The Best FPS Experience

if medal of honor: heroes 2 is on your list for best fps...you obviously haven't played many games in the genre. sure, it's a big step for the wii, but it's a flat-out disappointment for any hardcore fps player.

hopefully brawl will make me forget the wii's sorry excuse for an online fps =D

We're talking about control schemes, here. Don't be so biased.

AoWFraggit said:
i'm sorry, but cod 4 for the 360 is the greatest fps experience created.

end of story.

Cod 4 would be even better with the wiimote on a big screen tv w/ all the proper settings that I recommended earlier in my previous posts. My only problem w/ cod4 is the analog control sticks. The controls are just not realistic.

DrMoze said:
It is if you like realism and a more immersive game experience.

I don't need exact realism to enjoy the game more. I have just as much fun playing Metroid on the wii as I do playing Doom 3 on my pc. The difference is I enjoy Doom more because I immerse myself better BECAUSE of the better controls I get with a mouse. The wiimote does not offer a superior scheme in this area. Sure, it's better then analog, but not the mouse. I am NOT immersed more by using the wiimote, because it LACKS the same precision that a mouse offers.

Perhaps instead of best, the OP should of used another word that wasn't so broad, like authentic. In this case, best means the most fun, as it did for other posters. I have the most fun with a mouse. I support this claim because of the precision I get with the control of a mouse. The wiimote does not offer this. If this argument was about the wiimote offering a more authentic fps experience over a mouse, then I'd agree, but according to the title of the thread, it's not.

Well it doesnt matter what you or anyone else thinks is the best, all that is is opinion everyones opinions different and no ones right.
Everyone can settling on what is the best for each type of experience...

Strong points of each being:

Real = Wiimote
Difficulty = Controller
Options and accuracy= Mouse

pretty simple argument... now pick which one you like more and be done with it.

wezeles said:
Well it doesnt matter what you or anyone else thinks is the best, all that is is opinion everyones opinions different and no ones right.
Everyone can settling on what is the best for each type of experience...

Strong points of each being:

Real = Wiimote
Difficulty = Controller
Options and accuracy= Mouse

pretty simple argument... now pick which one you like more and be done with it.

wezels u continue to amaze me.:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah i prefer the wiimote because with mouse and analog stick, it is easy to get disoriented because the reticule stays in the middle and the whole screen moves when you move mouse/reticule. this results in disorientation. whereas with wiimote, u can choose the size of your "dead zone" so your perspective stays same while u move the reticule on the screen.

vashivihan said:
wezels u continue to amaze me.:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Its like being in charge of a Day Care, if you don't take away the toy's when they are fighting over them it's just endless bickering over something stupid, even for a 4 year old!

wezeles said:
:lol: :lol: Its like being in charge of a Day Care, if you don't take away the toy's when they are fighting over them it's just endless bickering over something stupid, even for a 4 year old!

lol rofl iam laughing like cazy over your comment. u rock for an older male.

Yea this thread should be called the most realistic FPS gaming experience. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a debate. I have no problem w/ the mouse controls. I think it's real easy to use also. I just wanted to share how to get the most realistic FPS experience in a videogame. If you do want to try it, just make sure you're using the wiimote sitting down on your couch w/ your elbow resting on your knees, side, or pillow so you're arm doesn't get tired and so it'll be precise. Make sure that your tv is big, at least 55" or more. Don't sit too far or too close and make sure that the tv is on the same level as your couch so when you're pointing at a person on the screen it's like pointing at someone in real life.

most realistic?

in that case, counter-strike. an instant classic.

cs source isn't too shabby either.

Apocalypse said:
I don't need exact realism to enjoy the game more. I have just as much fun playing Metroid on the wii as I do playing Doom 3 on my pc. The difference is I enjoy Doom more because I immerse myself better BECAUSE of the better controls I get with a mouse. The wiimote does not offer a superior scheme in this area. Sure, it's better then analog, but not the mouse. I am NOT immersed more by using the wiimote, because it LACKS the same precision that a mouse offers.

Perhaps instead of best, the OP should of used another word that wasn't so broad, like authentic. In this case, best means the most fun, as it did for other posters. I have the most fun with a mouse. I support this claim because of the precision I get with the control of a mouse. The wiimote does not offer this. If this argument was about the wiimote offering a more authentic fps experience over a mouse, then I'd agree, but according to the title of the thread, it's not.

Let me guess--you've never actually fired a gun or rifle in real life, right? Spent your formative years within arm's reach of a keyboard and mouse, I bet. A First-Person Shooter is about twitching that mouse around to move that on-screen cursor. It has *nothing* to do with pointing and aiming a weapon. I truly am concerned about Gen Z and their misplaced concept of 'experience.' :scared:

DrMoze said:
Let me guess--you've never actually fired a gun or rifle in real life, right? Spent your formative years within arm's reach of a keyboard and mouse, I bet. A First-Person Shooter is about twitching that mouse around to move that on-screen cursor. It has *nothing* to do with pointing and aiming a weapon. I truly am concerned about Gen Z and their misplaced concept of 'experience.' :scared:

Typical limited assumption from a limited minded individual. During my 4 years of military service, I fired enough weapons to probably have a better understanding then most of the whining toddlers on these forums ((yourself included)). Unlike, what seems to be your red neck response, I've never felt the need to brag about using such weapons in my personal life. Maybe you should put the wiimote down and go back to duck hunting with your hillbilly friends.

Again, if you read ALL my previous posts, then maybe you could muster up a better response that isn't so weak.

I said the best is different from the most realistic, and the OP agreed rewording the title of the thread would of caused less confusion. Next time try READING the thread before responding.

Back