The BIG question for all Wii Owners.

"Shion"

Burn, my COSMOS!!!
Jan 19, 2008
In the cosmos
Will, and IF, WHEN will the Wii be able to play music, dvd's, etc.?

This is the only goddamn thing holding the Wii back from confirming its power over the next gen consoles.

so the ability to play music and watch dvds is what puts the wii behind. woow.

Well, nothing official has been announced.
But I heard that at their website, in the FAQ section, the question if it is able to play DVDs or CDs and the answer was that the 2006 models weren't able to.

Shion said:
Will, and IF, WHEN will the Wii be able to play music, dvd's, etc.?

This is the only goddamn thing holding the Wii back from confirming its power over the next gen consoles.

Well that and its graphical power is whats holding it back.
Wii's with DVD capabilities are rumored to be coming out once the Wii supply is evened out.

They should add a serious system update which would enable the DVD-Video-MP3 capabilities of the wii instead of releasing a hardware add-on. And it would be even greater if this update was for free!!!

eh if you buy a wii for that you got the wrong thing just use a computer or heck even a dvd player may be able to play dvd's

Hylian said:
They should add a serious system update which would enable the DVD-Video-MP3 capabilities of the wii instead of releasing a hardware add-on. And it would be even greater if this update was for free!!!

****, I wouls still buy it if it was for 500 Wii Points.

But let's say that there is a new Wii that plays DVD and music, would you have to BUY another one or would you be able to just simply "trade it in" for the other one?

i actually don't think this issue is holding the wii back at all. yeah these capabilities would be nice, but i think its a bit ridiculous to say that this is the BIG problem with wii. The only real problem with the wii is the lack of great 3rd party games(yes i know there are a few). Aside from that, a really good online play system as well as lack of internal storage. Those are the biggest issues really. Then you can argue that graphics are holding it back. Then you can maybe complain about the lack of dvd/music playback, but i wouldn't say it's really holding it back, it's just lacking that luxury.

Kyle

Personally I feel dvd playback should have been on the wii since day 1. I'm in college and good thing my roommate has a 360 or else we wouldn't have a dvd player. Don't get me wrong, I love the wii and would never use it's lack of dvd playback as a reason not to buy one. But I don't see why nintendo would feel that including dvd playback and raising the price maybe $5 per system would make people less interested in buying. Honestly I think it would have raised sales slightly more, if that were even possible ha.

Back