The Biggest Let Down of the Wii

I had been playing PC games on-line for years at no cost then got an Xbox. What? You want me to pay? I don't think so.
Nintendo should provide free on-line play for the Wii. They have plenty of money now!

lansaguy said:
I had been playing PC games on-line for years at no cost then got an Xbox. What? You want me to pay? I don't think so.
Nintendo should provide free on-line play for the Wii. They have plenty of money now!

I would and do gladly pay four dollars a month to get excellent online gaming that beats the **** out of the free stuff such as playstation online and probably Wii online. If your too much of a cheap ass to pay four bucks a month then you have fun with your shitty free stuff. You can use XB Connect and get free online play for the Xbox but it still sucks ass, which is why I pay for Live.

paintba||er said:

I would and do gladly pay four dollars a month to get excellent online gaming that beats the **** out of the free stuff such as playstation online and probably Wii online. If your too much of a cheap ass to pay four bucks a month then you have fun with your shitty free stuff. You can use XB Connect and get free online play for the Xbox but it still sucks ass, which is why I pay for Live.

I dont play pc games online but im deffinately with you on that one, i have no problem paying for xbox live

paintba||er said:

PC on-line gaming isn't shitty and I don't know how good or bad the console play is. And getting something for free for years and then not wanting to all of the sudden pay for it doesn't make someone a cheap ass.
$4 isn't bad I guess if you are into some good games. I pay more than that for crap I don't use like internet on my cell phone.

Borch712ers said:
The fact that Wii online will be FREE makes it better than Xbox live imo. $4 a month? That is rediculous.

But you're fine with dropping $50 to buy a game you probably won't play for longer than a month? Give me a break.

lansaguy said:

Yeah, I'm not about to pay additional "clams" for an online service, especially not after having to spend additional money to purchase games, I already owned cartridges for, in the Virtual Console.

Thank God in Heaven my Ebay auctions (old N64 games) are doing as well as they are or I would be a very grumpy Wookie right now.

-Chewie

bugmenot said:
But you're fine with dropping $50 to buy a game you probably won't play for longer than a month? Give me a break.

No. Which is precisely why I dont buy those games. I buy games with high replay value. Oh, and in addition to that comment, live for 5 years will cost a lot more than a couple $50 games. Lets see 5x12=60 and 60x4 equals $240, plus lets say you have 3 games to play on live that comes to (240 +180) $420

So, you can either play three games on live, or play 8 fun, incredibly replayable games that arent online. And that is if all 8 of those are full price (ive only bought three games at full price, EVER, I ussually buy $20 or less, sometimes 30) and you still have $20 to spare.

It IS personal preferance, and personally, out of $420 I could probably get 20 games, and that is why it is MY PREFERANCE, that sometimes I would choose good multiplayer games over a couple live games. [/ranting]

EDIT: Give me a break.

Borch712ers said:
No. Which is precisely why I dont buy those games. I buy games with high replay value. Oh, and in addition to that comment, live for 5 years will cost a lot more than a couple $50 games. Lets see 5x12=60 and 60x4 equals $240, plus lets say you have 3 games to play on live that comes to (240 +180) $420

So, you can either play three games on live, or play 8 fun, incredibly replayable games that arent online. And that is if all 8 of those are full price (ive only bought three games at full price, EVER, I ussually buy $20 or less, sometimes 30) and you still have $20 to spare.

It IS personal preferance, and personally, out of $420 I could probably get 20 games, and that is why it is MY PREFERANCE, that sometimes I would choose good multiplayer games over a couple live games. [/ranting]

EDIT: Give me a break.

You don't have to pay for Live for each game. You just pay $4 a month and you can play as many games on it as you want. Also I doubt that you are still going to be playing a game regularly after four years. Xbox Live also dramatically increases the life of the game.

Was XBox live available at release?

It takes alot of money to make a good online.And nintendo wishes to make it free soo it wont be as good as xbox live:sad:
Jorge said:
Was XBox live available at release?
and yes it was.

How do you know that? we have good online channels on Wii, in fact all of them are entertaining and very good especially the Opera Web Browser, and they are all free, so I expect the Online or live capabilities of the Wii to be even better than that of that Xbox..let's just wait and see.

Axtlar said:
How do you know that? we have good online channels on Wii, in fact all of them are entertaining and very good especially the Opera Web Browser, and they are all free, so I expect the Online or live capabilities of the Wii to be even better than that of that Xbox..let's just wait and see.
that would be pretty cool if you were right, but by the look of how this whole friend code thing is going on i think (hope not) that it will end up likes an improved version of the DS online but only time can tell, right axtlar?:cornut:

Back