The bigs season mode

What is the point of this exactly? If I want to pretend I am playing a season by just doing exhibition games against the team that my fav team is playing next...why would I need a yahoo group for that?

so your not the only team in your season and so you can do trades and stuff like that.

I'm sorry but you play a game and then report on the group if you won or not? How is that suppose to work? If my team is the Twins, and someone else is Oakland. And I win against Oakland with the Twins, and he beats the Twins with Oakland...

Do you have any idea how dumb this is and how little sense it makes?

Yea the games is pretty sweet. Rookie challenge is definitely a lot of fun.

EDIT: I agree with Vagrant, how would it work if your playing exhibition games? Only way this would work is if the bigs had online play, but I wish they would have thrown in a season mode, but it is an arcade style game so go figure.

Last edited:
ok you could have just clicked on the link and read the summary but maybe you're sped or something so i'll explain it. say you beat the tigers with the indians, your record is now 1-0 and the tigers don't get a loss unless the tigers lose their game, if the tigers win their game too, your record is 1-0 and the indians record is 1-0. yeah i no complicated right. only records by human controlled players will count the computers record will not be recorded. Any other questions?

Yea, what you are saying makes sense, but then it is just overly complicated for whoever is taking care of that and you also have to consider if people are going to be honest, considering there's nothing on the line I would hope people would have the character to report honestly.

true the honesty is going to be a problem if i think anybody is lieing im going to kick them out, and i was thinking of haveing the people post the stats of the games to so it would make lieing a little harder. if someones record is like 10-0 then ill tell them to stop lieing or up the difficulty say they then win there next 5 games ill kick them out, but so far thats ill i have

b-ballin55 said:
ok you could have just clicked on the link and read the summary but maybe you're sped or something so i'll explain it. say you beat the tigers with the indians, your record is now 1-0 and the tigers don't get a loss unless the tigers lose their game, if the tigers win their game too, your record is 1-0 and the indians record is 1-0. yeah i no complicated right. only records by human controlled players will count the computers record will not be recorded. Any other questions?

I clicked the link and read the summary. The point is, that is nothing like a real season. So if the Twins are playing the Tigers, and I am playing the Twins and some other guy is playing the Tigers...and we both win....both teams get a win for that day?

And your whole "I will tell if your lying!" thing is just dumb. I apologize if you are just young and whimsiful.

ha well i am only 12 and i dont really care if you dont like the idea and yes good you finally got the point of the group.

b-ballin55 said:
ha well i am only 12 and i dont really care if you dont like the idea and yes good you finally got the point of the group.

Read my first response, I got it the first time.

Online leagues that use the "buddy truth" system don't work.

Yea, I'd have to say that the only way you could really know if someone wins their game or not is if they prove it with a screen shot of the results. Even then, they could have played 6 games and only won one of them then post that win, and you would never know. So I think its a good concept, just there are too many variables. Only way this could really work is if you get a bunch of friends to do it locally, that way you can see first hand who wins/loses and whatnot.

well someone would have to have absoulutley no life at all to lie and make up stats every day for how ever many days and ruin the league, no one would want todo that and if someone's record was like 20-0 you could tell that they're lieing and just kick them out.

Back