The Brawl Sequel Speculation Thread

Status12

True or False?
Jun 26, 2009
Seattle, Washington.
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Okay, I know that it may be a longshot, but I still think we could have some really good conversation on the possibilities of this. Post what you think, what you want them to include, what you don't, and anything else relevant to the topic. Here's an article I found:

Originally posted by N-Europe.com
Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai airs his thoughts on the possibility that Brawl may not be the last in the series after all...

More information has been revealed from Sakurai's interview in the new issue of ONM magazine - in which we recently reported his comments on how Brawl's character roster had originally been bigger.

Sakurai has in the past confirmed that Brawl would probably be the last in the Smash Bros. series for the foreseeable future, despite the fact that he has now commented on how many ideas for the game had to be limited to release it on time:

“It’s taken over three years to make Brawl but I actually stopped trying to include new ideas early on in development.

"What happened in the next year and a half was that we distilled the game down, worked out which ideas we had time to include and which we didn’t. Sadly, we had to trim out many great concepts just to keep within the time constraints. I had a lot more characters, for example… but sadly I can’t discuss which ones didn’t make it.

"There are 39 characters in the game this time around and just adding a few more wouldn’t be enough to justify a new game in my opinion; I’d have to draw a line in the sand and have a new approach to make it worthwhile. As long as the fans enjoy it, though, that’s what matters and in the distant future, I guess that might be something I have to consider."

Could we really see a Brawl sequel? With the development time so long, N-Europe thinks we're likely to - but only for the Wii 2."

Source - http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12007

Characters:

Naruto, Naruto Manga/Anime/Game Series.
B Attacks - Charge Kunais (Sheik's needles). Something similar to Falcon Punch.
Final Smash - 9-tailed Fox.
- GCommander

MegaMan, the MegaMan Series. - GCommander

Roy, Fire Emblem Series. "Needs a few changes from Melee". - GCommander

Sora, Kingdom Hearts Series. - Toon Link

Travis Touchdown, No More Heroes. - Toon Link

Viewutiful Joe, Viewutiful Joe Series. - Toon Link

Female Pokemon Trainer, The Pokemon Series. - Toon Link

Knuckles the Echina, Sonic the Hedgehog Series.
Glide ability, wall climb ability. Stronger than Sonic, but a little slower. About the same speed as Captain Falcon.
- GCommander

Simon Belmont, Castlevania Series. - uber1337

Alucard, Castlevania Series. - uber1337

Julius, Castlevania Series. - uber1337

Soma, Castlevania Series. - uber1337

Stages:

Destiny Islands, Kingdom Hearts Series. - Status12

Items:

The Mystery Box (Container), Super Mario Bros. Series.
Could contain coins (when playing Coin Match), a Smash Ball, Starman, Deku Nut, Smart Bomb, et cetera.
- GCommander

Misc. - Titles, game modes, et cetera.

Super Smash Bros. Crash, Game Title. - Toon Link

Additional costumes.
Wario has two distinct costumes: his new motorcycle outfit and his regular Mario-Style outfit. Mario could have a whole range of costumes, from Hammer Bros suits to Frog Suits to 8-bit Mario? The same with Link (8-bit link, 16-bit link, et cetera). Shouldn't take much time to program, and it would make for some excellent unlockables.
- uber1337

Last edited:
N-Europe thinks we're likely to- but only for the Wii2
this is something i've known for a while. if there was ever to be another Smash it would be on the next Nintendo system. it was obvious that a new Smash would be like that since it's been one Smash per system.

nice find btw. i've got something to look forward to.

I want Megaman in the next game. He could be a little faster version of Samus. He could have charge shots and missles.
Naruto would make a great character. Like Sheik charges needles he could charge Kunais. He could use his Rasengan like a Falcon or Warlock Punch. His Final Smash turns him into the 9-Tail Fox.I got more ideas for him.
Roy should return but with a couple of changes.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Feel free to add movesets and anything else. GC's was a good example. I've also added a stages section.

Last edited:
Eh, I will list what I think the game should have and what it should be named. DON'T FLAME ME, K?

Name of next game: Super Smash Bros. Clash

New Characters to add: Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series), Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes), Viewutiful Joe (Viewutiful Joe), MegaMan (NT Warrior Series), Female Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon), and more.

EDITING AS I THINK OF NEW THINGS.

Last edited:
^GC already suggested MegaMan, but thank you for your other additions to the Status12 Archives.:p

I'm adding a miscellaneous section for suggestions like the name of the game, Toon Link.

Knuckles the Echina: He could glide and wall climb. He's stronger than Sonic but a little slower. He's about the same speed as Captain Falcon.

Item: The Mystery Box:Just like in the Super Mario games it's a mystery. It could be coin(s) (if you are playing a coin match) it could be a smashball, starman, deku nut, smart bomb, or anything.

I will EDIT if I have any other ideas.

Hi there, besides the obvious MegaMan, why not include more skins for Mario and the others?

You know like how Wario has two distinct costumes (his new motorcycle outfit; and his regular mario ripoff suit?); why not give Mario a whole range of costumes from Hammer Bros suits to Frog Suits to 8 bit Mario? Same with Link (8 bit link, 16 bit link, etc). Shouldn't take much time to program; and it makes an excellent unlockable.

Also, everyone seems to forget Simon Belmont/Alucard/Julius/Soma (or for those inclined to it, that lady; the Belnades girl. Yoko I believe? But that's overdoing it; Alucard or one of the Belmonts is good enough). The castlevania series catapulted the NES into making millions; why not add them to the NES? I mean far more people can recognize a castlevania character than someone obscure like ROB (I know what he is; I had one).

Also, I think there's been a street fighter for every nintendo system minus the NES and Virtual Boy. So why not include RYU or Ken? Or if they included wolf, then surely they can keep M. Bison as the 'evil' character for the set.

Likewise with Mortal Kombat. That series has appeared in far, far more systems than metal gear or sonic.

I used to have a bigger list, but Castlevania/Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter is all I've got at the moment.

I know I'll hear a lot of "OMG, MK/SF is too violent for Smash Bros!" or "THEY'VE ALREADY MADE A DC VS SF SERIES!!!"; but yeah:

for part a, I'd say "Oh, yeah, you're right. Because Snake came from a totally non violent game. I mean it's not like you shoot people or twist their necks or anything"

for part b: "Who cares?"

More costumes seems interesting.

Birdo: A little bit like Yoshi. It's a little faster but a little weaker than Yoshi. It shoots eggs from it's mouth like a canon.

Baby Bowser may look cool in a Smash Bros series because of his cocky attitude in games.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi: They are synched like the Ice Climbers but have their own set of moves. Fire, hammers, koopa shells, ect.

Also, I think there's been a street fighter for every nintendo system minus the NES and Virtual Boy. So why not include RYU or Ken? Or if they included wolf, then surely they can keep M. Bison as the 'evil' character for the set.

This made me laught REAL REAL HARD.

yup
the wii 2 looks like reality
id like about 100 peeps in the next game
i would call it S.S.B.R
(super smash bros. revoulution)

Back