The Christian tradition

HEYER51

WiiChat Member
Oct 20, 2009
usa
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Many Christian don’t believe in Horoscopes and Astrology, unlike Indian Hindu families. Many Christian families do believe on numerology rather then astrology.

Numbers have long had great symbolic spiritual significance in the Christian tradition. In the middle ages, numbers and geometry found their way into nearly every aspect of cathedral design, from the number of pillars in the choir to the lay out of the façade. Number symbolism also features heavily in Christian theology.

Some well known examples include the two natures of Christ (human and divine), the trinity, the four points of the cross, the triple six( the number of the beast or the antichrist), the seven virtues and vices, the nine choirs of angels, and the twelve apostles or disciples.

The number thirteen, commonly thought of as the number of bad luck, symbolizes faithlessness and betrayal – the number of apostles plus judas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't the number of the beast found to be 616?

I think the Best family where getting a bit sick of the constant phone calls

Many Christian don’t believe in Horoscopes and Astrology, unlike Indian Hindu families. Many Christian families do believe on numerology rather then astrology.

Numbers have long had great symbolic spiritual significance in the Christian tradition. In the middle ages, numbers and geometry found their way into nearly every aspect of cathedral design, from the number of pillars in the choir to the lay out of the façade. Number symbolism also features heavily in Christian theology.

While there are many symbolic numbers in Christian theology, that is not the same thing as numerology. Numerology goes hand-in-hand with astrology, fortune-telling, divination, and other similar things denounced by God.

Some well known examples include the two natures of Christ (human and divine), the trinity, the four points of the cross, the triple six( the number of the beast or the antichrist), the seven virtues and vices, the nine choirs of angels, and the twelve apostles or disciples.

The number thirteen, commonly thought of as the number of bad luck, symbolizes faithlessness and betrayal – the number of apostles plus judas.

Judas was one of the 12, not in addition to the 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Christian. Protestant, mind. Not one of those dirty Catholics. Or Orthodoxs. But I'd happily team up with my Orthodox brothers if we could go Catholic bashing. According to Catholics, we're 'heretics', so our two denominations need to work together and turn St Peter's Basilica into an orthodox/protestant Cathedral. That is my plan.

God Bless you all and thank you for your support against the Catholics!

I'm not sure where this thread is meant to be going...

Of course, it's not solely Christianity that has numbers involved. Numbers are a fact of the universe. The fact that certain numbers keep cropping up is neither here nor there, considering it's usually only a maximum of 2 digits that recur. If it was a 5 digit code that kept recuring without even indirect connections to other ocurrances, I think people might believe in something to tie them together.

In the end, people see what they want to see when it comes to numbers (of this kind of interpretation).

You know what's amazing to think

Christians using spam bots to try and get there message across.

Coming up
I program a bot to spread the good words of Lemmy

I got rid of the link which the spambot was obviously advertising, but I see no reason to close this thread. Even though I consider numerology to be a load of crap.

Last edited:
You know what's amazing to think

Christians using spam bots to try and get there message across.

Coming up
I program a bot to spread the good words of Lemmy

What makes it all the more confusing is that it's unclear exactly message is trying to be spread.

Back