The Conduit First Review!!!

Well, the conduit is a great game. If you ask me, I think more effort and time was put into it than your average 360 fps. First off, the wiis graphic capabilitys are horrible. When you compare the average wii games graphics to the conduits, you will notice the conduit looks much much better. That is alot of work put into there, as in a 360 game it doesnt take as long [dont get me wrong, it takes a while] as it does to make good graphics for the wii. High Voltage worked their arses off, and so far it looks like it is going to pay off. Also I want to see nintendo back on top, so all those halo addicts will stfu about how nintendo is for kids when more than half the players on live or no older than eighteen. This is a breakthrough for wii. The conduit will set the standard for the next fps for wii, so looks like a great beginning. It does look really similar to halo, but your fighting humans also. The website ratings are good, I mostly trust IGN.

Congratulations highvoltage, youve heard and satisfied the cries off wii gamers.

I have read some previews of the game and I am very hyped about it (again :p). I think it's just a matter of opinions in the end of how it is rated. I think I'll definitely be getting this one, it is what a lot of us wii gamers were asking for and it's finally here (almost). Looks like the multiplayer will rock also. I want this game so bad! :)

That is the opposite of what is true. It is suppose to be more robust than most Wii games.

Having features like a rank system and unlockables is always nice, but if the core gameplay sucks (bunch of people running, jumping and shooting instead of actually aiming) it'll be a huge disappointment.

I would guess an 8.5 from IGN and 75 overall on metacritic. Sadly you could tell from the start it wasn't going to be a 9+ game as much as I wanted it to be.

I give The Conduit a 9.5 score and IGN too for sure!!
It's the Best Shooter on the Wii to date and can compete for Game of the Year along the other xbox360/ps3 games.
It's now the second best seller on GameStop begin TigerWoods2010...
It's clear: The Conduit is the Halo3 and Halo:ODST KILLER!!
I hope will beat the 8.1 millions copies of Halo3!!

It's the Best Shooter on the Wii to date and can compete for Game of the Year along the other xbox360/ps3 games.

For fucks sake.
Please stop with your annoying optimism.
The Conduit might be good but what your saying is ridiculous and embarrassing.
Please just move onto something else.

Another review came and it is from Official Nintendo Magazine UK.

Official Nintendo Magazine UK
Nowhere near classic status, but this is a welcome companion to "Metroid Prime: Corruption." [July 2009, p.78]

its good looking but its not gonna defeat bungie
calm yourself down

Its not getting the greatest reviews so far. Thats dissapointing me. Ah well, if the conduit flops then the grinder will always be there next year.

GameTZ > Goozex

The Conduit does look promising, although, I'm little skeptical due to the hype, but we'll see when it launches.

I definitely agree, it has gotten a lot of hype, and when a game is hyped up so much I usually tend to have unrealistically high expectations. I'm wondering whether or not the online multiplayer is going to be as good as COD WAW!! I'm addicted to WAW online... I haven't even played throught the campaign because I love the multiplayer so much.

I'm dropping 50 bucks on this game because I'm a damn nerd who loves owning up on people online and then laughing in their faces while throwing my wiimote out the window and then crying....

I definitely agree, it has gotten a lot of hype, and when a game is hyped up so much I usually tend to have unrealistically high expectations. I'm wondering whether or not the online multiplayer is going to be as good as COD WAW!! I'm addicted to WAW online... I haven't even played throught the campaign because I love the multiplayer so much.

I'd imagine the online won't nearly be as addicting as WaW. Two reasons:

No voice chat, you can't really form friendships, groups and talk trash.
Not as many addictive elements, which WaW features greatly, which is probably why you're addicted.

Yeah I agree, I see many reviewers (who are Wii haters *cough* Gamespot *cough*) ready to slam this game with a 7.0 and say that it "doesn't do anything revolutionary". So what!? Ya kissed Halo's ass, it didn't do much new, ya kissed Bioshock's ass, it didn't do much new, and God Knows ya kissed Gears of War 2's ass!!! And it didn't do ANYTHING NEW!!! So ya might as well pucker up one more time and give The Conduit's ass a big wet one. Because it is looking to be far more innovative than any of those other games.
*facepalm* And one couldn't argue SMG, Zelda: TP and MP3 did nothing 'innovative'? Still, let's not get into that.

But let's not forget, a game doesn't even have to be innovative to receive a good score, it has to be ENTERTAINING.

I'm sorry Nintendo has left the impression that everything has to be innovative in order to be worthy. But a game can be as innovative from the stars and back, but it doesn't mean **** if the game isn't entertaining. So I leave you with this simple statement, scores aren't based off innovation. And before you revolt & rage let me simply bold your statements that you said yourself.

Back moreeeee on topic. The Nintendo review itself said The Conduit wasn't that innovative...

Well, the conduit is a great game. If you ask me, I think more effort and time was put into it than your average 360 fps. First off, the wiis graphic capabilitys are horrible. When you compare the average wii games graphics to the conduits, you will notice the conduit looks much much better. That is alot of work put into there, as in a 360 game it doesnt take as long [dont get me wrong, it takes a while] as it does to make good graphics for the wii.
Not true. Wii is using similar to last generation hardware, that hardware developers are use to and comfortable with. The only real 'challenge' of developing for the Wii is keeping all your graphics at the level where the FPS can stay at a steady frame rate. So when they say "we're really trying to push the Wii to its limits" what they mean is: "we're trying to get one more enemy on the screen in this part, but that means we'll have to cut down the number of polygons on all of the enemies."

What do I do with this one? He's so young, I'd feel bad...

Its not getting the greatest reviews so far. Thats dissapointing me. Ah well, if the conduit flops then the grinder will always be there next year.
Yes, yes, next year, yes. The WiiChat mentality for the past... since the Wii was released.

Last edited:

First of all, the Conduit is not going to flop. Second, after the Conduit, there are 3 FPS games coming out for the Wii for the rest of 2009. Metroid Prime Trilogy, Call of Duty (maybe), and Red Steel 2.

Back