The "Create a Costume" Contest

Nimoi

WiiChat Member
Nov 3, 2007
Wii Online Code
8182-4961-9048-4138
create_costume_contest_ban.png

It's the "Create a Costume" Contest!

In this contest participants design their own Super Smash Bros. Brawl alternate costume! (Doesn't have to be a confirmed character.) Once the deadline is up there will be a separate topic in which everyone may vote. The participant with the most popular costume wins! Wins what? Well, you win everyone's respect as an Artist. What else could you want, a little graphic to show off and prove that you won? Sure, fine.

Deadline: December 22nd.
Voting will begin in a separate topic the day of or the day after the deadline.

How do I submit?
-----------------------------------

Please submit in this fashion:

(Picture of Costume)​

Name of costume:
Comments: Tell us more about this Costume; Tell us how you made it. You can leave this blank if you must.

Example I'm not entering.

diddykong_ice_alt.png

Name: Frosty Diddy Kong
Comment: I was thinking about trying to make a Yeti Diddy Kong, and not to say that this isn't similar, I just went a different way because there probably already will be a Yeti Diddy Kong

(Yes, this does mean that you can just edit existing official Nintendo art if you so choose. Post whatever you can, hand drawn, photoshop edited, paint edited, recolored, whatever. Just as long as it isn't an edit of already existing fan art. Please no.)

Rules

There are some Rules that apply.
  • No obscene costumes. This includes items with obscene outcomes. This one is a given seeing as how it would also violate the forum rules.
  • No obscene costume names. Again, this one is a given seeing as how it would also violate the forum rules.
  • NO STEALING.

Submissions

FRuMMaGe said:
waluigi30fy6.png

Name: Dark Waluigi
Comments: This is what Waluigi becomes when he picks up the Deathshroom from the last competition. As you can see, the already awesome Waluigi has ascended to new levels of awesomeness :lol:

LinksDarkSide said:
ninjalink.jpg

Name: Ninja Link
Comments: If a hero needs to be stealthy, what better way to do that than to become a ninja! In this mode, Link does not use a sword or shield, but instead, he uses nunchuks, shuriken, and thin warrior swords.

*Gymnast* said:

3665-create-costume-contest-aquamario-bowser.jpg

Name: AQUA MARIO
Comments: His power is "putting out" fire flowers, creatures with fire etc...
He can also "kill" just like fire Mario. I thought of this the other day when I was playing the new super mario bros. I made an image in photo shop shortly after. Then I saw this post and I was really excited... Hope you like it =) Merry Christmas[/B]

SAVAGE said:
superbowserredandblack.jpg

Name: DARK BOWSER
Comments: A SUPER BADASS BOWSER.lol

Popert said:
FrostGoomba.png
Name: Frost Goomba
Comment: -

dark samus said:
3730-create-costume-contest-normal_icemario.jpg

Name: Earth Mario
Comments: there was already ice, and fire, why not earth?
if you want to see it large, just click on the pic

GanNeOn said:
Untitled1.gif

Name: Curropted Gannon
Comments: Just Gannon but 200000000000 TIMES STRONGER.......and cooler.....and stuff.....and it's really sloppy because I did it quick.....yeah.

Last edited:
darkwaluigiur9.jpg

Name: Dark Waluigi
Comments: This is what Waluigi becomes when he picks up the Deathshroom from the last competition. As you can see, the already awesome Waluigi has ascended to new levels of awesomeness :lol:

I know it's only 1 entry per person, but if I want to edit my pic, can I replace my current one?

ninjalink.jpg

Comments: If a hero needs to be stealthy, what better way to do that than to become a ninja! In this mode, Link does not use a sword or shield, but instead, he uses nunchuks, shuriken, and thin warrior swords.

LinksDarkSide said:
ninjalink.jpg

Nice drawing. But isn't that basically shadow link from SSBM?

frummage did you have to install the extras from the install disk of your op. system to install gimp? crap, wait do you use linux?

im a mac guy and i need to install optional extra stuff off the disk to use gimp

samXcor3 said:
frummage did you have to install the extras from the install disk of your op. system to install gimp? crap, wait do you use linux?

im a mac guy and i need to install optional extra stuff off the disk to use gimp
I'm a Linux user.

For me all I had to do was: sudo apt-get install gimp

Gimp still easy to get on mac. Just google it

Frummage, just post your new entry and I will add it and remove the old one if you want to submit something else. Just as long as you don't replace the pic when the voting starts. :p

Aqua mario.jpg

aquamario&bowser.jpg

Name:AQUA MARIO

COMMENT: His power is "putting out" fire flowers, creatures with fire etc...
He can also "kill" just like fire Mario. I thought of this the other day when I was playing the new super mario bros. I made an image in photo shop shortly after. Then I saw this post and I was really excited... Hope you like it =) Merry Christmas

Last edited:
I'd say, it's pretty obvious that people with photoshop, paint, etc are going to win. Us pencil and pen users don't stand a chance. Photoshop, bunch of new age hooey if you ask me!

Back