The Destiny of Zorro Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Publisher 505 Games have today announced their plans to release The Destiny of Zorro exclusively on the Nintendo Wii console.

Developed by Pronto Games the title is scheduled for a worldwide release later this year.

Here's some more info about the game from their press release (screenshots at the bottom).
Players will make an incredible action-packed journey through the sun-scorched coast and desert landscape of early 1800’s Spanish California playing as the infamous Zorro – the swashbuckling defender of the oppressed whose secret identity is the fictional wealthy caballero Don Diego de la Vega. Using the unique properties of the Wii controller, players can whip, slice and of course perform Zorro’s signature ‘Z’ slash move to bring his foes to justice.

The Destiny of Zorro draws inspiration from the Mexican, Spanish and Native Southwest American cultures prevalent in California in the early 1800’s – the time of the original Zorro. The multi-tiered story sees Zorro confronting the nefarious Calavera and his troops, defeating a plot to steal a great treasure, thwarting a power-hungry mob boss, and facing off against a rebel army. Players will discover the secrets behind the origin of Zorro himself. The game also carries forward some of the explosive plot lines suggested by recent Zorro properties, such as the recent blockbuster Hollywood movies.

“Swashbuckling Zorro is the perfect character for the Nintendo Wii,” commented Randy Angle, President and Creative Director Pronto Games. “We had a very short list of characters when we first considered making an action game for the Nintendo Wii… Zorro is a natural… using the Wii remote and the nunchuk controller players are in for a real treat as they slash and swing their way through Zorro’s story.”

Attachments

• z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 258
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 201
  • z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 193
  • z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 183
game sounds alright, the graphics arnt tht good but its always about gameplay at the end of the day:D

I'm guessing that those are some early screenshots, and they will turn out awesome! Can't wait for it, also heard something about a Ghostbusters game, not sure if it's for wii, but probably is.

The Zorro concept does not appeal to me to much, the movies are descent but not sure how well it would all port over to a game. There could be potential there depending on how they play their cards. I agree with you Wiiwillstand, I think that those are early screens as well and it should be a lot more crisp at release(at least one would hope).

Now the Ghostbuster game sounds cool (I'm just a little bit old school). If you find any info on that and its belonging to Wii be sure to post it.

I heard something about it on another site. I can remember which one, but it said that Dan Akroyd would star in it, that's all I can remember. It might also have to do with the fact that Akroyd has worked it out so that a Ghostbusters 3 can be made. I can't remember, but I think it said something about direct to video, but as long as Akroyd's involved, then sweet!

Original cast is always a bonus, nothing sucks worse then hearing the voice and saying WTF?!?!?

cavan said:
Original cast is always a bonus, nothing sucks worse then hearing the voice and saying WTF?!?!?
yep, can't agree with you more, but it does depend on the specific character. When it comes to Ghostbusters, you can't have Ray not sounding like Akroyd. I agree 100%.

Not sure about the gameplay, but the graphics are trash.
Why do developers constantly toss out crap graphics to Nintendo consoles?

Back