An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
*Places two cards on the table and says*
Consider this............
Ok there 25gig.(Think Wii and 360 ones are about 8gig Sonys are blu ray and im to tired to remember how big they are)
But there Nintendo made, so that means the third party company's have to go threw Nintendo to get them.
Now cast your minds back to the Game Cube. This was a problem (Bootleggers found a way around it)
The Dreamcast used GD roms, but a lot of games didn't fill them.
Point is. Since Nintendo are distributing the discs that means they set the price so the games might be a bit expensive, also that means that any crap that comes out is on Nintendos hands.
It does also mean that there will be no bootleg games out, (for a while)

Your thought's on this

(Also the opening quote was from Ultima 4)

well honestly i dont care as long as nintendo brings good games to the console, and doesnt get to hungry for money. If nintendo promises to bring good games to the system you wont hear many complains from me.

superkarpmodthreadrevivalGO!

"... ****!" is what I think about the possibility of even more expensive games, simply because of the disc being higher quality/overpriced/whatever. The price creeps we get every new generation are going to get even worse if trends like this start popping up.

Price creep? Snes games cost the same as Wii games back in their time. Which leads me to be baffled by those who thought the $40 price for FFIV afteryears was overpriced.

Regardless of what games used to cost; do you want games to be priced higher for arbitrary reasons? ¬_¬

I thought you of all people would realize that Nintendo is known for being the cheaper console decision. Expensive discs would certainly go against what they are trying to do.

Last, it's Nintendo. Paying a little more for another Metroid or Zelda is perfectly fine.

Expensive discs would certainly go against what they are trying to do.

Precisely why I'm bitching over the possibility. If for some ungodly reason they decided to do such a thing and go against that long-standing principle, that's a gateway being opened to said principle being forsaken.

Unlikely indeed. :lol:

i think wii games are 4.38 gigs. blurays are around the 50 gig range.But if wii u is a 25 gb dvd then they better be good cause i am not going to pay 60 to 80 bucks on a game. ill just turn to crap box 360. or start playing the ps3 again.

Back