The DS features.

Sssmally

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
Ok, so im thinking of buying either a DS or the PSP. I will be buying both in the end but what one should I buy first?

I know about the PSP features they dont sound that impressive to be honest. Just the gameing sounds great.

I dont know a thing about the DS, I have played on a few games at a DS Comdey tent at the V Festival and T In The Park. I liked the looks and it seemed impressive, however I did not like the puppie game :p I did not know how to play etc.....

So if you can either compare the DS to the PSP or just tell me the DS's features I would be very greatful. The last portable console i bought was the NintendoGameboy Advance SP.

Also do you use your DS/PSP alot or just stare at them and use them while you go out?

Many thanks for this. (I am very sorry if this has been posted before hand or I am being lazy thro not just using Google, however I want to have a view from a gamers eye.)

Danny.

well ill tell you ive traded in two psp's for a ds and games cause of the suckiness
the ds is simple and you dont have to be ascientist to use it,the psp is complicated for 1 its to big for a mp3 player,its to small for a movie player and you cant hear that good,and the internet is stupid on it,and alot of the games super suck.
i hope that helped alittle
and the dog game is cool when you know what to do,(its also a babe magnet)

• The DS is small.
  • The DS is much cheaper than the PSP.
  • PSP has, almost literally, no good games. They are all FPSs and they all usually suck. You'll have much more fun with a DS. Trust me. There's such a wide assortment of games for the DS... There's Final Fantasy III, Yoshi Island DS, Mario Kart DS, Brain Age, Elite Beat Agents, Metroid Prime Hunters, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, New Super Mario Bros, Castlevania, Trauma Center, and so many more awesome games.
  • The online is great. Mario Kart DS is so much fun online.
  • You'll find more people with a DS than PSP in most places. DS is pretty much pwning the PSP sales.
  • Touch screen brings a whole new things to games. Especially games like WarioWare Touched.
DS > PSP

Homesrfan said:

• There's Final Fantasy III, Yoshi Island DS, Mario Kart DS, Brain Age, Elite Beat Agents, Metroid Prime Hunters, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, New Super Mario Bros, Castlevania, Trauma Center

• So these are the best games? Or just ones you thought of off the top of your head?

Also the DS is looking alot more of a fav now. Ill probly invest with the DS first, as the PSP can only offer me a few games. What to be honest arnt the best.

EDIT: Also I rember a game I played in HMV on the DS, I might sound dumb asking this question but meh, what is one of the first games with sevral inner games? Im pretty sure it was one of the first games anyways. It had sevral inner games and you could not chose what games you got, I wondered if you knew the name of this game, I will probley know what game it is the second I see a screenshot.

Last edited:
The DS also has MUCH better battery life.

Plus, if you REALLY want MP3 playback and that multimedia stuff, you pay like 30 bucks and you get an addition which allows that for the DS, that way you aren't forced into having all that extra unnecessary crap.

You should DEFINATLY buy the DS first, as I have both consoles, and the DS has given me so much more than the PSP has.

The PSP would probably be better if you homebrewed it, but I would still stick with the DS, as its amazingly fun and addictive with games such as Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart.

I hope I have helped.

If your into legalities, then DS is the system for you. However, if you like to dabble on the more illegal side of things, then the PSP rules. ISOs are easy to find for it and easy to use. There's TONS of homebrew apps (i.e. controlling your PC and TV from your PSP). You can emulate almost anything on it: SNES, GBA, GBC, GB, NES, PS1 and N64 (not fully functional yet), Genesis, Neo Geo, Neo Geo Pocket... :p That's all I'll say for now. I won't tell you how to get any of these or provide any links because I know these forums don't support piracy. Just Remember: G-o-o-g-l-e. ;)

Back