The first characters

adam1111 said:
it only had bowser link, mario ,and pikA-a-a-aCHU (bless you) on on melle

With all the other characters in small boxes.
250px-Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_Players_Ch.jpg

Yea, my theory has its holes, but, oh well. I'll change my statement: We'll have all these characters EARLY on in the game.

EDIT: doesn't say you unlock peach, so my thory is fine!

Last edited:
konomaroh said:
i'm sorry but your theory is ruined.

the website it says that you unlock Peach after the first boss

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea04.html

but i hope the pokemon trainer will already be available to play as
quote it from the website. and it doesnt say ''Oh and heres a tip on the first unlockable character. you beat petey as a boss..''

Snake? Snake?!?!?!?! Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakeeeeee!!!!!!!

No Worries, Im Sure He Is In The Back

Ack, so Peach won't be readily available? T_T

Eh, well, shouldn't take that long to unlock characters. I wouldn't mind if it started off only with all the characters from the original 64, and then broadens out as you play the game.

(though we all know that's not happening)

i don't think the cover has nething to do with starting characters... i understand y they would do that for mele since there wasn't a website announcing characters and all but since there is a website for brawl i don't think the cover has anything to do with starting characters

my guess is you start with the characters returning from the original ssb plus a few other big additions from mele

konomaroh said:
i'm sorry but your theory is ruined.

the website it says that you unlock Peach after the first boss

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea04.html

but i hope the pokemon trainer will already be available to play as

I'm not sure but I think that that's just reffering to story mode. If you don't understand what I mean look at Mario Golf Toadstool Tour. You start off with like 10 characters in vs but only four in tour.

Edit:Wait it doesn't even say unlock anywhere! plus I think that if anyone would be unlocked from that encounter it would be Petey himself.

Last edited:
Aha, so you do start with peach! And, today it was sort of announced that in the subspace emissary, you pretty much have to unlock every single character, except maybe mario and kirby.

the cover is fake. why? hmm... wifi avaible, perhaps?

"my guess is you start with the characters returning from the original ssb plus a few other big additions from mele"

well, remember that Luigi and Jigglypuff were to be unlock, same as in Melee. I'll bet they are still to be unlock in Brawl, that is to say if they are still in brawl

Last edited:
Umm, the wifi logo isn't on it, don't mean it's fake. I've seen this one with the wifi logo on it, just couldn't find it. They just hadn't put the logo on yet.

Im just gonna go back to "Ness" (and if you havent sigured it out yet the other character is Lucus) From Mother 2, Which really is earthbound 2. I Think that ness is going to be replaced... *sigh*

I really don't want Ness that much, although I think he deserves a spot in Brawl. He wasn't even that great... He's been there since the original, and him leaving just doesn't seem right...

Back