The Future of Wii Online Gaming in Question

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Well, the first Wii online game around our part is just around the corner, Mario Strikers Charged. A big step for the Wii? of course, or possibly not? Of course, the Wii community is desperate for online games, but are they willing to sacrafice motion controls, the key concept of the Wii, for this? While not totally, but the motion controled parts in Mario Strikers Charged are very limited. This raises the question, can motion sensing really be done on a wide scale over online play?
The motion sensing in Super Mario Charged is dumbed down to a simple point and block game. This is a play that dose not require both players to respond to what is happening. The game just generates balls that the player must block. Not putting both players using motion controls in touch at all. Pokemon Battle Revolution is the other online title which is out in Japan. This also only uses the point technology which only triggers events to come.
Both these games are using extremely limited motion sensing, both of which go online. The question is, can motion sensing interaction be done between players online? They both require very small amounts of motion sensing, which don't even affect the other player online. Another issue making this a legitment question is the fact that Nintendo dosen't even allow third party developers to use online aspects. Even though this is for a limited time, the future online-proof game, Elebits, only uses a transfer system, no interaction.
If this is actually an issue. Wii owners might have to end up sacraficing motion controls for online play. This might not always be an issues, but a good explaintion for all that is going on at the moment.

Well, Madden 08 for wii was recently confirmed for online and i think that the first few online games probably wont take any risks with the motion sensing and just get used to the feature. I still think you could easily play wii sports online without too much trouble..

mmmm interesting, red steel 2 is aparently online

but i have my 360 for online if it craps up

i think they need better online games for the wii, i mean pokemon and sports games really dont do it for me....a fps online would be good or a sword fighter like soul caliber legends?

cheers,
Tim

Back