Its ultimate plat-former in Mario
The classic Space flying action game Star Fox
The great Sci-Fi Shooter and fps Metriod
Arguably the best fighter ever in Smash Bros
Awesome Party titles like Wario Ware and Mario Party
The game that created a genre! Mario Kart
A million casual games which was made by Nintendo
A work out game? Wii Fit

But what doesn't Nintendo have? (Specifically the Wii)
An Online FPS made by Nintendo!!!!!
Ok, we got MoHH2 but that wasn't made by Nintendo, and you can tell! The game is great, fun and its online is good... But it doesn't have the Nintendo feel, and it doesn't have the great FPS feel either...
It's obvious that the MAIN genre right now for most systems is an FPS...
I mean imagine a game like HALO with the wii controls...
Not a WWII game, thats not Nintendo.... (although Battalion Wars is cool)
Why not start a new franchise, A sci-fi fps online...
I want Halo on the wii! (Obviously not Halo, something like it...)
Heck! Bungie is apart from Microsoft now so they are now a 3rd party... GIVE US HALO! LOL!

yeah nintendo never really did fool around with the FPS's all that much. I want them to come out with a super revised Wrecking Crew.. Oh yea! 8 bit baby!:lol:

A hardcore violence game like GTA FTW!.
imagine would SSB would be like if they had a GTA character mugging that little electric piece of yellow turd pikachu.

How about some Secret of Mana-esque games?

FPS's are overrated in my opinion. But I'm in the vast minority on that view.

A game like Custom Robo would be nice also.

But what I'd give for a Secret of Mana remake!

errrrrrrrrm.

I'm still waiting for a decent racing game. (besides Excite Truck)

Mario Kart is great but it's not out yet and I'm looking for something realistic.

and @ trulen Custom Robo Wii FTW!!! The DS version was. . . OK, but a wii version would be nice.

I'm also still waiting for F-zero wii which would just plain own. wait thats not realistic. . .. you know what screw realism.

Last edited:
I don't think the Wii has like... a racing simulator kind of game does it? Like Gran Turismo, Forza or Project Gotham Racing?

yeah, custom robo was an awesome game, i can't wait to see a wii version.

Redsteel II is going to be coming out, and it's going to be online, but i think ur alone on the "Halo 4 Wii" thing.

valve is working on something for the wii. will prolly be something first-person based... would love to see something orange box-esque for the wii. imagine portal or team fortress 2 with solid wii controls.. :yikes:

lackluster dj said:
valve is working on something for the wii. will prolly be something first-person based... would love to see something orange box-esque for the wii. imagine portal or team fortress 2 with solid wii controls.. :yikes:

link please.

if this really is true, i'm going to be a very happy gamer. counter-strike wii anyone? :yesnod:

AoWFraggit said:
link please.

if this really is true, i'm going to be a very happy gamer. counter-strike wii anyone? :yesnod:

after reading through this again, it looks like more speculation than anything, but still, they seem to recognize the importance of having a game out on the wii, and they seem to appreciate the direction nintendo is going. there are other articles where they claim that the wii is "the most valuable console".

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177813.html

This week came word that an independent developer famous for its high-graphics PC shooters is also redirecting resources to the Wii. Speaking with Game Informer, Valve Software cofounder and managing director Gabe Newell said that his company's internal console development priority will be the Wii...eventually.

Newell's comments came in response to a question about outsourcing console projects like the PlayStation 3 port of Half-Life 2: The Orange Box, currently being done by EA. "I think we'll bring [console projects] in house more for licensees issues than our own," he said. "Just for our own priorities, that puts the Wii at a much higher priority. ... I think the Wii represents more of a challenge because of its input. ... You can't think of it as graphics, CPU, texture bandwidth scaling, you have to think of it as more fundamentally, and I think it's more valuable. I think it's more interesting than just graphics chip-CPU combination. It's the machine I have at home."

However, in the same breath, Newell dashed hopes that Half-Life 2 or Team Fortress 2 might appear on the Wii anytime soon. "The fact that we don't have anything in development on it even though it represents big opportunities as a whole, is an obvious hole in our strategy," he admitted.

rainbow 6 vegas 2looks like its heading for wii....check ign. but i completely agree.

Back