The Geno Thread

AtomicB

Sep 18, 2007
In my room. Working on project E-vile.
Wii Online Code
5873-1290-1753-2112
IntroPic3.jpg

Pretty much the [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] best picture of Geno I've ever made!

Hello! It's me, Geno enthusiast and supporter, Atomic Bucket!
I'm here to fill you in on Geno, who's pretty much the best character. Ever.
This is the Geno awareness thread! Half of you don't even know who Geno is, where he came from, or why he deserve a slot in Brawl!
'Who is Geno', you ask?

Hey! I just said I was going to fill you freaking in on him! Are you freaking deaf!? Or blind?!
B E P A T I E N T !
Alright ((moron...)), I guess the best place to start is from the beginning. Back where Geno first originated. Back- to the SNES!

L E G A C Y - I:
Geno is a character from the critically acclaimed, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars'. It was developed by Square with under direct watch of Shigeru Miyamoto! It was the last Mario game released on the SNES. It was also the second to last Square game released on the SNES.

The game got high reviews, but didn't sell well. It's poor sales is blamed on how late in the SNES's life cycle it had been released. The N64 and PS1 had already been out for a year when it was released. Despite this, the game has been praised for it's "Near N64 Quality" ((At the time, anyways)) graphics.

Geno was a play-able character. He was the second partner you teamed up with (the first one being Mallow). Mario and Mallow meet up with him while fighting a... uh... miniature-boss named Bowyer ((Not Bowser)). Geno gladly accepts their help in defeating him.

After the fight, Geno explains how he is "An otherworldly traveler sent by a higher authority". He took the body of a young Toad's ((Gaz's)) doll. Geno's real name is '♥♪!?', but it's unpronounceable, so he just takes the name of the doll ((A.K.A. The easy way out...))

He offers his help to them, and yadda, yadda yadda. You know, like an RPG. He plays the 'Mystical Sage' role. That's a fancy way of saying 'Mage'. You can see the Final Fantasy Mage influence on him, can't you?

Okay, now that you know a bit about his origins, it's time to talk about that other thing. You know...

A S A F I G H T E R - II:

Now a question that is often brought up is "What Can Geno Do?".
Well, let me tell you... Or else....

Geno mainly uses a combination of Magic and Projectiles. Anyone else think that that combination is freaking awesome?

He shoots various kind of projectiles and bullets and ROCKET POWERED FISTS!!!! Put a one here! Put a one here!
He shoots a Geno Beam which is basically a cannon of [STRIKE]light[/STRIKE] pure awesome.
And the Geno Whirl, which if timed right, can do the most damage in the game ((9999 Baby!)).

Geno also has the highest speed possibility in the game ((he's fast)).

Well, his move-set is practically made! Just add some punches and kicks and you're set!

But a question still remains. Why should Geno be in Brawl?

T H E R E A S O N - III:

Well, lets see.
Geno is a great fighter ((he was my lead guy in Super Mario RPG)). He represents a game that was greatly under-credited. He fits in perfectly! I'll be surprised ((and sad)) if he's not in!

He was one of the most wanted in Sakurai's poll. And Sakurai already said he considers him 3rd party, so he would take up the last 3rd party slot!

That, and Geno is a great character gone to waste!

He only made one cameo appearance in 'Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga'!
He was a guide to a mini-freaking-game!!!!

He hasn't been allowed to be used to to rights issues ((he technically belongs to Square)).

Representing a great under-looked game?! Popular demand!? Unique Character!? This guy was practically MADE for Brawl!

M E D I A - IV:

Anyways. That's Geno. I'll add more if I see fit. Enjoy some Media! Get to know the game and Geno better!

Catch Super Mario RPG on VC in the near future ((It's coming. I can feel it.))

((P.S. I didn't make any of these. Much better at Flash than this anyways...))
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIcHHPQ[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8iuWSw2_LAo[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZmXWMcs8cg[/MEDIA]

So thats who geno is. Thanks and now I have enough knowledge to say geno should not be in brawl. (jk)

I'll say this a second time, Geno deserves two spots on the Brawl roster, just because one spot can't handle all his awesome. One character. Two spots. If that's not innovation I don't know what the hell is.

PS i have never gotten through mario rpg but i represent a little more than 1/3 of geno fans with this post, considering the content and the preceding independent clause.

samXcor3 said:
I'll say this a second time, Geno deserves two spots on the Brawl roster, just because one spot can't handle all his awesome. One character. Two spots. If that's not innovation I don't know what the hell is.

PS i have never gotten through mario rpg but i represent a little more than 1/3 of geno fans with this post, considering the content and the preceding independent clause.
Seriously, I still can't tell whether that's sarcasm. Use the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags.

samXcor3 said:
[sarcasm]I'll say this a second time, Geno deserves two spots on the Brawl roster, just because one spot can't handle all his awesome. One character. Two spots. If that's not innovation I don't know what the hell is.[/sarcasm]

[cereality]PS i have never gotten through mario rpg but i represent a little more than 1/3 of geno fans with this post[/seriously], considering the content and the preceding independent clause.

To sum up, too many people who barely know who Geno is want him in, and I could care less if he's in since I never got that far into mario rpg, but if he is in then that's cool, I mean the more the merrier...unless "more" includes rayman...or skull kid. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID SKULL KID!

Love,
sam(Xcor3)

EDIT: Oh yeah and props on the mystical sage=mage thing, dunno if thats real but if it is then I didnt know that.

He should definitely be in, I used him all the time in RPG and he's a really unique character.

Sadly Mario RPG looked better to me than ff7 in terms of graphics. The pseudo-3D (think Donkey Kong Country) style graphics really worked well on the SNES, and the RPG elements looked good.
I'm hoping for a VC port and at least a Mallo AT.

I don't really want Geno as more than an AT but if he's in as a playable character,I'll be cool with it.

balrogs.pa said:
Mario RPG looks really gay. I'm glad i never played it. its almost exactly like final fantasy. . . but geno is cool.

yeah the game has physical attractions to other male games

it was a really great game, as im' a fan of rpgs(mostly square) and mario, however i'd still perfer super mario world over and mario game anyday

i'd think geno would be good, but i'd just be pissed if he got in and not toad....

balrogs.pa said:
Mario RPG looks really gay. I'm glad i never played it. its almost exactly like final fantasy. . . but geno is cool.

Doesn't every RPG in the freaking world look like Final Fantasy? This one was the first to introduce timed damage (you know, press a button when you attack).

I'd say this one is next to original, which is funny because it was developed by Square.

mushroomedmario said:
yeah the game has physical attractions to other male games

i'd think geno would be good, but i'd just be pissed if he got in and not toad....

Why would you want toad in?

I think that he's pretty much out since peach uses him as a shield.

Back